It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"mafia wars" on facebook: are you kidding me?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
ill be short as always dear members.
when you have a beautifull game as wow as large as the entire world that you can do so much stuff in,its reasanoble for the owners to want to make some cash selling "mounts" or "gear" or "in game pets" costing real money.
but when BROWSER FLASH GAMES like mafia wars on facebook have an option to buy in game money with real money,now thats just silly.
the "game" consist nothing more then buyng weapons and properties,waiting 24 hours for the properties to generate money,and clicking the jobs button,to do some job,until your energy meter is out. its just....another way to steal your life.
but atleast with wow you get to explore mines and dungeons,and sell mined gold on the ingame market,and thats kinda cool for 1 week until you get bored.
here its just...SAD

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

There are just as many people out there who probably think WOW is a waste of time and money.

It's all about what you like individually. If people want to waste their money on any sort of online gaming...it's up to them.

I won't pay for anything like that...but more power to those that will.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
thanks,now i usualy think it IS a waste of money. i spend some time playing on pirate servers and it just got boring every time after the first week. the quests were just repetitive and awful.
but ATLEAST its 3D and its a HUGE GAME WORLD. i understand blizzard wanting to mooch money from that,not that the monthy fee isnt enough.
but MAFIA WARS? im sure they could have made a better game,before asking for ingame money on a FLASH BROWSER GAME

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I totlally hear ya! It seems to me a lot like taking say a website community such as ATS and having members use it like a free blogosphere in which to post rants about whether or not you like a facebook game. Sad what happens to nice things.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
you know its not this way.
i just dont want people like us to be screwed and laughted at by larger companyes.
i dont want you buying soja meat
i dont want you buyng a 300 euro ipod that creacks from faulthy plastic
i dont want you brushing your teeth with fluoride and drinking fluoride
i dont want you wasting your time on a BROWSER game.
i cant tell you what to do,but i can spread my thoughts on ats,and let people THINK ABOUT IT,maybe they need to change for the better!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
How is this a conspiracy?

In response, a lot of things people do for entertainment could be seen as stupid. Like watching TV all day, or playing any type of video game, smoking weed, drinking, butterfly collecting, take your pick. But if it is something that destresses and entertains you, who gives a damn?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
you know its not this way.
i just dont want people like us to be screwed and laughted at by larger companyes.
i dont want you buying soja meat
i dont want you buyng a 300 euro ipod that creacks from faulthy plastic
i dont want you brushing your teeth with fluoride and drinking fluoride
i dont want you wasting your time on a BROWSER game.
i cant tell you what to do,but i can spread my thoughts on ats,and let people THINK ABOUT IT,maybe they need to change for the better!

What if...and this is just a "what if" now...but what if I am having a hard time finding the conspiracy in a list of things you want me to do? What if I do not want you mucking up my conspiracy website with your shopping lists? What if I do not want to have to read what you think of things that are not conspiracy minded, just consumer opinion nonsense? So you do not like Mafia Wars. ATS worthy thread? Want to talk about flouride? Go add to the 800 threads on that. Ipods are made of cheap plastic, super do not buy one. Sorry but I just do not see what you opinion of Mafia Wars has to do with ATS.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
btw wow is MORE EXPENSIVE in europe,for our standarts.
for 15$ you can go to a prostitute once in two months?
that invest of 15$ a month you can do so much stuff with it. buy new piece of clothing every month,or more food,or redecorate the house a lil bit every month.
but i can let wow pass since its so massive and clever invented.
but when a browser game that just makes you click "do job" and go into facebook every hour to collect "ingame money" offers to take your real money and convert them to ingame money,to buy a PICTURE of a pistol,with written PISTOL in it,its laughable.
atleast the pets you buy in wow are actualy 3d animated objects with textures and effects.

the only reasanoble thing you can do is just cheat them,like i cheated pet society before and got a rich pet,those were the times!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Most multiplayer games in the MMO style have a cash shop option, or are free to play with total support done through a cash shop.

There's nothing wrong with that, if they have players who support their game through those means, who enjoy playing said game, then there's no issue with it at all.

When, however, the cash shop becomes an "I Win" button, and the only way to get anywhere in the game is to use the cash shop, that's the kind of game I hate playing.

But, again, to each their own. If you don't like, don't play. Simple as that.

If you want to see just how prevalent this type of thing is, take a look at something like onrpg.com and see just how many free to play MMOs they have listed. It's crazy lol

By the way, no, I would never pay real cash for anything in mafia wars. completely useless... to ME. To others? again, to each their own.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Jomina]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
if you do not agree with me,you dont need to respond or read my thread.
im not hurting anyone here.
any one of those things is invented by rich evil people who want to make you miserable.
they want you spending money on pictures of guns instead of spending the day with your family or friend on a picnic in the forest.
they make the public dumb. they brainwash us.
if you dont agree well leave my thread to die of neglect

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
thanks jomina,its just that facebook and large companyes really gets on my nerves.
ZYNGA buys out game ideas and makes them into profit brainwashing goldmines with no design or fun at all.
you there is a very cool game called "transformice" its a browser/flash based,like a mmo with servers/rooms and you can play with other 40 mice people to get the cheese while falling couse of physics. no one noticed them before,but when everyone started playing it,ZYNGA tryed to buy them out,and they refused,and that put a smile on my face. couse now the game wont be maked into a money laundry

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

If you do not like Mafia Wars, you do not have to play. It is not hurting anyone and there is certainly no conspiracy.

any one of those things is invented by rich evil people who want to make you miserable.

Like the thousandaire that invented Tetris? So they decided to give people the OPTION to spend real money on the game. People chose to do so. Yeah and...?

they want you spending money on pictures of guns instead of
spending the day with your family or friend on a picnic in the forest.

Ah so this thread is really about how Mafia Wars is part of a NWO plot to break up families? Maybe edit your OP while the window is still open so that this topic and the topic you started match up a little.

Sure. You stop posting on a conspiracy site that you just plane ol do not think Mafia Wars looks as cool as WoW and I will be glad to stop opining on that.

You see my point yet?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

they want you spending money on pictures of guns instead of spending the day with your family or friend on a picnic in the forest.

The problem of thinking in those terms is, you're posting this onto a public discussion site; telling anyone who has a differing opinion to go away kind of negates the point

Sure, I suppose you could say some of these games are exactly what you claim. However, by far and large, it's mindless entertainment, by an entertainment industry, designed to profit on entertaining the masses of people who have no or little interest in television and movies, or as a supplement to those who do.

There's no conspiracy with that, in and of itself. It's just smart business. See a niche and fill it.

I think the fact that there are those who would PAY for that kind of drivel (the mafia wars thing...) is what you should be looking into and complaining about, and not the fact that there are those who would take advantage of that kind of numbness.

But that's my opinion, and you've the right to yours just the same.

(edit for some spelling errors)

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Jomina]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
i thinks its ignorant and arrogant for a browser game that only lets you click "do job" to ask for money. even the option is incredibly insulting to human inteligence.
and yes even if i am not a fan world of warcraft is better. but then again they suck alot more money.
i dont wanna argue what i say is logic,no one makes you look at my thread
if you think things like fluoride and giving money to mafia wars are good,i dont want to talk to you. if you dont like my posting,become a moderator.
its a conspiracy forum,i think browser games who profit from addicted people in times of crysis is a SERIOUS ISSUE

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
i know jomina, but i just dont want to argue with people who just want to troll me like crazy just because they dont want my thread into the site. its my right and the mods deside.
the thing that pisses me off is that they could make games like this alot more complex,beautifull and smart,and then ask for money.
it just hurts me to see the stupid minds on top profiteering with no LOGIC at all.
while talented people suffer and cant even get a job at a game company.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The thing is that it doesn't require money to play, sure you get a lot of benefits from buying things with your own money in the manner of reward points. I barely use facebook anyways. With that said its no big deal for me to get on for a couple hours play mafia wars and get on with my life. Its just a fun game that with no money spent has limits on playability which is good. Comparing this game to W.O.W is a terrible comparison...you have to pay a monthly fee plus the initial fee of buying the game. People make money different ways some make burgers some heal people and some make games in which you CAN spend money on to enhance your experience. Nothing wrong here just doing whats American finding a marketplace and making money from it.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

i know jomina, but i just dont want to argue with people who just want to troll me like crazy just because they dont want my thread into the site. its my right and the mods deside.

Troll you like crazy?

Look, I am simply pointing out the insanity of your complaint. You do not like an app on facebook. OK...

and....

and...

Where is the conspiracy?

It seems to me you should be complaining ON FACEBOOK about the facebook app you dislike. Where does this fit into this website at all? You think your dislike of an app on a website is so worth spreading that you come to a conspiracy website like this just to complain about it? Guess what? I think my complaint about wasted threadspace on ATS is just as valid as your complaint. The difference is that I am complaining to the source, not just screaming into a void like some angry child that just got their subscription to some MMORPG canceled for not mowing the lawn.

You have a comaplaint that is in no way a conspiracy. You feel that complaint is valid subject matter for an entire thread on ATS. I feel that kind of thread on ATS warrants the same feelings from myself. Why should I not express those same feelings as you have? Do you think instead of complaining to you I should go complain on facebook about how stupid the threads on ATS have become?

the thing that pisses me off is that they could make games like this alot more complex,beautifull and smart,and then ask for money.

They do. Those are called "other games."

it just hurts me to see the stupid minds on top profiteering with no LOGIC at all.
while talented people suffer and cant even get a job at a game company.

What is your OP doing to change that?

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Adevoc Satanae]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
People will buy what they want. People who want to make money will sell what people want to buy. Simple as that. This is not above the top of any secrets

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Zynga Games is partly owned by Goldman Sachs, Google, and a Russian Billionaire. Conspiracy or free market? I don't know but it's definetly a waste of money for those that pay to play it. They have also copied most of their games from other game developers. Mafia Wars was copied almost line for line from Mob Wars. Zynga has also copied many other games. They are definetely doing more harm than good, but are they a conspiracy? Maybe, may be not. Still I would stay away from these games if I was trying to be a productive person...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join