It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

suppose they make themselves known & say: "take me to your leader". To whom will we point?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I would probably pour them out a shot of Jack Daniels and say "drink this, it's going to get pretty complicated"

Or more seriously, if they were seeking the most successful "thing" on the planet then you would have to point them to a bacteria.

If they were seeking the single largest organism then it would be an Aspen Tree.

If they were seeking the most common form of animal then I would tell them to go talk to an Arthropoda, i.e a crab

Or as others have said, if they wanted to talk to the person that I took my orders directly from it would be either my cat or my girlfriend

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
To think about it...

What if we misinterpret it ? and the correct thing is...

"Take me as your leader"

Save yourself people! and the TV

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The OP actually poses an interesting question.

Too bad I find it a shame that 95% of the replies here are bad jokes.

On any other thread, all of the "joke posts" would have been removed as off topic.

Anyway, on a SERIOUS NOTE, that's a really damn good question. The governments have the iron fists for all intents and purposes.

But "take me to your leader"? I would say talk to every single person living on this planet at the same time - if this were technologically possible on their part. Meaning consult with ALL OF US instantaneously.

If that weren't possible, I'd just tell them to go back home. They probably wouldn't get anywhere with any other way.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
OK, on serious note too..

Actually I was thinking the same thing and thinking of posting the question yesterday. Now since the OP beat me (who cares?) lets ponder this seriously (laugh stock allowable if accompanied with serious thought).

Do we already have SOP for such occasion ? If we do, on what level ?
If they landed on X country, does it apply to X country alone or the world ?
If there is evil intent, what are our choices ?
How do we communicate with them ? or do they already can speak 34 language already (not include telepathy)
Do they carry nasty unknown bio threat, should we quarantine them first? locking up the first ambassador ?
Can the mass public comprehend that we are not the center of universe ? err I mean we do not inherit the universe ?...ahh you get the idea.

Lets give it a thought before the real UFO show up.

Turn out they really much alike Jabba the Hut.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

This is such a funny question, and an obvious tool used to stir current political debate or to engage in the beloved art of "human bashing" that believers so strongly flock to.

You asking me to suppose a "fleet" of alien starships traverses the MIND-BENDING distances of space to only arrive here and not have enough observed intelligence about Earth to prevent them from ignorant proclaiming "take me to your leader"?

Simply put, that wont EVER happen. If a civilization can navigate the universe, they can certainly understand how to properly monitor a newly discovered planet and understand how to approach them. And I assure you...dropping out of "warp speed" and just simply crying out "take me to your leader" would never happen. They would have an understanding of basic sentient life form's developmental stages (they are probably near all the same in way way or another) and know that you can't approach anyone in the manner that you want us to debate.

Since this thread has nothing to do with aliens or UFOs (fundamentally), you should have just posted this in the political forums and asked the same questions...minus the alien and ufo connection. I would have been more productive and enjoyable for you had you done that.

Man, just read my post and hope I am making sense here.....to lazy and short on time to make my point more clear....sorry.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
mr been

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Gloster]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Youre in the wrong lane and commenting on why people moving in wrong direction.

Move along, we are still debating either the TV channel, the cat or Dalai Lama is the world leader here. Serious stuff!

OK, everyone, refresh your mind with my previous post in addition to OP question.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

This is such a funny question, and an obvious tool used to stir current political debate or to engage in the beloved art of "human bashing" that believers so strongly flock to.

wonder what influences people to enjoy human bashing so much? any possible influences outside of human? human bashing sure seems to help the ratings of the MSM .... at least according to the Main Stream Media...

Simply put, that wont EVER happen.

thank you ambassador. thank you for sharing us what alien civilizations intentions and capabilities are.

And I assure you...dropping out of "warp speed" and just simply crying out "take me to your leader" would never happen.

thank you ambassador.

a shot of jack daniels?
-et

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Simply put, that wont EVER happen. If a civilization can navigate the universe, they can certainly understand how to properly monitor a newly discovered planet and understand how to approach them. And I assure you...dropping out of "warp speed" and just simply crying out "take me to your leader" would never happen. They would have an understanding of basic sentient life form's developmental stages (they are probably near all the same in way way or another) and know that you can't approach anyone in the manner that you want us to debate.

So because a bird can fly from Europe to Africa that means that it must necessarily understand the human interpretation of geography, be able to speak Spanish and possibly own a compass?

I don't think it's "human bashing" to state that different species (even within the confines of the earth) interpret data / communicate / understand things differently.

Hell an alien species might not even have any of the same senses as us, they may for example have no sense of sight / hearing etc etc

Why would an alien automatically see the human race as special amongst all of the other animals that inhabit our planet? because we are able to drive cars? what if they were looking for the answer to eternal life? I would have thought that a giant redwood tree would be a much more suitable subject to study to answer that question then a human

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I would treat it like a trick question and let them know that I am my own leader. At which point they'd probably get their ray guns out and i'd say 'just kidding', you're looking for David Cameron.
But seriously if I was pushed for an answer then i'd show them this:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Well if they judge intelligent life on the complexity of their language, we won't have to worry about that question. They will ask the dolphins that since their language is more complex then ours.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Id simply point right back at them........ pointing to any government or leader on this planet would get them nowhere! Unless it was a purpose to remove them from office, then I would gladly walk them there in person.

Imagin the Guyfawkes Night here in blighty then....... a week long event.

#God-od Save Our Green.......man.....#

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by locster
Well if they judge intelligent life on the complexity of their language, we won't have to worry about that question. They will ask the dolphins that since their language is more complex then ours.

you may underestimate the complexity of our language(s).

considering that it seems intimate knowledge of future events were/are encoded and encrypted into our words. personally i think i would rather have our own consciousness here and now than scattered about chasing and serving some unquestionable entity.

at any rate, i think anyone trying to judge the complexity of our language would be involved in a serious task. literacy is more than just left to right, i think.

it is interesting you brought up language, though. communications would be important.

thanks,
et

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Well, I think it all depends on your citizenship when the request is made. As I'm an American citizen, I'd point to the current sitting US president, whomever he or she may be. If I were a subject of the UK, I'd probably point to whomever was Prime Minister in #10 Downing Street. French? The president of France. And so on.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
reply to post by SaosinEngaged

gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "chasing tail", doesn't it?

LOL seems many have taken some insights from Captin James Kurk, he stayed with the ET babes kissen em and all. Like Ahh Kurk did you run a DNA compatability test first or did you just dive in wherever you fit in
... Me I think I prefer hmmm Anna from new series V, SMH yea I know

And on a serious note I think they would determine the leader by his or her electromagnetic outputs energies only located within natural leaders....

[edit on 8/2/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1afaa10fd2fc.jpg[/atsimg]

What happens if they are a race of mass murderers and want to talk with Charles Manson?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I would be embarrassed to tell who are leader is. They would see that there is no intelligent life on Earth and they would go home.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

You may underestimate the complexity of "Dolphin language"

their language is able to carry concepts and abstract informations and could even be more sophisticated - in the case of bottlenose dolphins - than any known human language

SOURCE

Ofcourse we don't know how complex their language is but i like to think it's right up there with ours.

Now ofcourse aliens will probably make contact with the dominant species, wich is us. The best way IMHO is the aliens picking a representitive from each country themselves.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The problem goes deeper, what if they asked a Nazi ? North Korean, a mob or a Bushmen ?

Are they really that dumb ? They should easily "read" our mind and found the answer easily.

Ban Ki-moon.

Take me to your ladder. We want to repair the ship antenna.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by locster

You may underestimate the complexity of "Dolphin language"

thanks for the info. uh...

in all honesty though, it seems we people have enough problems communicating with eachother sometimes. maybe learning dolphin tongue would help us out?

is there a school for dolphins, or do just fish have schools?

thanks for the info. might want to say something to the dolphins someday, like... take me to your ... hey, nice blow hole.

seriously, thanks for the info. i was surprised to learn dolphins don't actually "sleep" the way we do. they can't. they have to be conscious enough to surface to breath.

peace,
et

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join