It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ellen DeGeneres leaves American Idol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
A bunch of news centering on American Idol coming out lately, with Ellen leaving the show being the first confirmed news:

www.usatoday.com...

Other items on the rumor mill:

1. Kara DioGuardi is said to not be returning either. The show will probably go back to the three judge format as many feel the four panel judge is not working.

2. Jennifer Lopez is rumored to be close to joining Idol, taking Kara's place.

www.usatoday.com...

3. Randy Jackson has one more year in his contract to do, and it looks like he will possibly stay. Some rumors claim a clean slate of judges.

4. Nigel Lythgoe is rumored to come back to the show as a producer. This is leading to talk of him replacing Simon. He also has SYTYCD, so he might just stick to producing the show.

Monday might be a day of announcements, and we will see if anything does pan out.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
American Idol is still running? I thought last year was the last year?
My niece must of lied to me.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Not only is it still returning, but the ratings are still quite good compared to other shows out there. The 9th season finale had over 24 million viewers (down over 4 million).

Also there is a strong possibility that Steven Tyler will replace Simon this season:

content.usatoday.com...

What do others here think of the three judges for season 10 of Idol?

Randy Jackson

Jennifer Lopez

Steven Tyler

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
You still need the "give it to you straight" brit, to make it work...

So You Think You Can Dance = Nigel Lithgoe
America's Got Talent = Piers Morgan

Without it, it's a losing formula (and the last season of Idol)....

Let's face it, without Simon, that show will tank.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
What do others here think of the three judges for season 10 of Idol?

Randy Jackson

Jennifer Lopez

Steven Tyler

I think that would be a great line up. But I really don't think the show will last for long without Simon. Maybe a year or two.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
There are reports out now that American Idol producers are not going to hire Jennifer Lopez because she is acting like a diva with her demands. (Surprise, surprise!)

www.eonline.com...

Time will tell what happens, but an announcement should be made in a few weeks. With these problems, wouldn't it be easier to keep Kara and just hire one judge?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Rumor now is Shania Twain as a replacement.
I still say you need the honest Brit though.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

What they really need is better singers who can connect with the audience. The last season had no connection and even the summer concert was called short.

It didn't help the contestants to have week after week of inconsistent judges telling them one thing and then another. I think they got bored with it all.

Elton John would be a good Brit judge, who has both the talent and the ability to tell it like it is without being mean.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Good point. This is the first year my wife and I have skipped the concert...we simply don't like them enough to spend on it.

They need to have some better song choices for all of the singers...most of the choices suck. New twists on old favorites are good (see Lambert's "Mad World" or Blake's "Living on a Prayer" as prime examples of what SHOULD be done)...

Personally, I think the show's run it's course. I only watch these days for the audition weeks, as there are some real train wrecks there. After that...I could take it or leave it.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
That's alright with me as long as she continues with her own show. Which IMO is better than American Idol - I got bored with Idol, don't watch it any more.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It does seem that Steven Tyler has signed a deal to be in American Idol:

www.eonline.com...

Now to find out who is replacing Kara (Ellen probably will not be replaced as the show will likely go back to a three judge panel.) According to the article, Jennifer Lopez is still on the table.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Hmm...rumor was, she had too many diva-like demands...but guess we'll see.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well, as you all probably know, it is official: Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler are going to be judges on American Idol and Kara, Ellen and Simon are gone. The good news is it is back to three judges now and Nigel (from SYTYCD) has been added as a producer to spiffy things up.

I am still debating if I will watch this season, as I abandoned the last one. It was not entertaining last year and the judges were incoherent from one week to another.

I will probably check in during Hollywood Week, and go from there.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The auditions are the best part though!

I'm wondering if we'll even be able to understand Mr. Tyler....

top topics

join