It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liz Cheney calls on Obama to shut down WikiLeaks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
That woman makes me mad as hell, very very unsympathetic and should not get any public attention in my opinion. Not only his her logic on Wikileaks flawed, but she is also defending her fathers stance on water-boarding and torture in general for obtaining "crucial information for the nations well-being".

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
double post, sry

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Clairaudience]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Well Liz...this ex-republican voter doesn't get fouled anymore by such disinformation!
The coming election is gonna drive our point home very clear!
Shame on the neo-cons for putting a spoiled woman out there to do their dirty-work!! What are they afraid of?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
And now we know with certainty that Assange and whoever in the government may have helped/ecouraged/protected him are not of the PNAC/neocon/Zionist subfaction of TPTB. Yay for the good guys.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I would caution everyone from focusing to closely on this one chess move, while important, it may have a distracting affect, making it difficult to see the bigger plan.

The public is witnessing a chess match for government control of the internet.

The public will be led to believe that this chess game is between the US and internet terrorists bent on the destruction of our great nation but, in the end the winner will be the powers now running government, and the losers will be the common citizens that will lose access to free and open and uncontrolled information.

One group is playing both sides of this chess board and this game has a predetermined winner.

This is a game to sway public opinion into the belief that the government has no choice in taking control over internet content and access, it simply must be done for the safety of all.

The public will soon hear talking point on keeping America and its allies safe from cyber attack and the possibility of critical national defense information being leaked, thereby putting innocents, that the government has sworn to protect, in harms way.

Soon, much of the public will agree to internet governance in the interest of humanities safety.

The "internet kill switch" once thought to be the big hurdle in gaining control of the internet has hardly raised an eyebrow with the general public. The government seizing of select internet sites through the use of copyright violation has barely put a ripple in the pond. Things will move rapidly from here.

The player Liz Chenney has been used to give reason to the player Obama to protect the Country and its allies from the threat of a non-governed internet. Now that he has been called out on this issue he simply cannot say that a free internet outweighs the potential threat to the safety of the US and its allies.

The attack on, or death of US soldiers, civilians or allies that can be connected to a non-governed internet will greatly increase the speed at which this game can be completed.

The strategic importance of the internet in the pursuit of global domination cannot be overstated.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by deepred]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Irony. She says Wikileaks aides Al Queada? When I read some of the disclosed documents...I'm quite sure it is the other way around--that we are aiding Al Queada.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
And now we know with certainty that Assange and whoever in the government may have helped/ecouraged/protected him are not of the PNAC/neocon/Zionist subfaction of TPTB. Yay for the good guys.

I will disagree on this point.

"We" know nothing more than what we have gleaned from the limited information that has been "provided" to us.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
people think just because the website is in english that wikileaks is american

they dont have nationality ... they leak everything and anything that make a difference to stop the injustice

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

You mean how we're funding the terrorists who are attacking our own troops in Afghanistan via the money we give Pakistan? It's so nice and neat when it works out that way, isn't it? Wonder if she even knows that this is in there.

It's also so interesting to watch them being backed into a corne

[edit on 8/1/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by deepred

Huh? I'm not sure I'm understanding you.

We know a helluva lot more that we knew two weeks ago. We can deduce a lot by seeing who says what about the leaks...which media reports on them and how. Which people defend and criticize and how.

I think her speaking out like this is very telling.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I hope my reply did not read in a way that it was not intended.

I understand the thought behind your statement.

The only desirable opponent is of ones own design.

Too soon to be certain of anything.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by deepred

Oh...agreed. But things are lining up nicely to subtly expose what factions might be at work here and why.

I have no doubt there were those in government who "helped" even by looking the other way. And I mean beyond Manning if he is even involved.

I think this is a back-door way for the current administration (it's backers) to expose the actions of the neocons/Zionists that ran things during the previous administration without being directly linked, which would be a whole set of different political issues.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
people think just because the website is in english that wikileaks is american

they dont have nationality ... they leak everything and anything that make a difference to stop the injustice

See - I am not a hater of the "evil empire america" thing quite a lot of you have going on.

Nor do I support a bureaucracy full of disdain and lies to its people.

It isn't actually an either or choice.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
She wants to unplug wikileaks?

She needs to go unplug her daddy.

Who listens to her anyway? Bleh.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
There is nothing in those documents that a smart person with access to basic knowledge shouldn't have known anyway.

Munroe doctrine in use. Pakistan is part of the pan-Islamic theological state, and obviously has religious conservatives and those who merely want to hitch their chart to the pony for a slice of the New Islam pie.

The only way that Liz and her ilk will get their way is to undermine the entire populaces education - as in destroy it - and then somehow maintain a technologically advanced state without skilled workers with critical thinking skills. OR to introduce their own variation of father-knows-best just like Islam and China, where they maintain a societal concept that people buy into those in power positions being best equipped to make all decisions on everyone's behalf for the sake of the whole.

Where you KNOW better, but you shut up because otherwise everyone will kill you for having the audacity to get out of your "place."

The other option - that they could operate with significantly more transparency and fix the education system so that they wouldn't need to play cat-and-mouse games with their own populace, seeing everyone other than themselves as the enemy.....apparently that hasn't occurred to these people yet.

But they don't think that their thinking is corrupted by their conspiratorial thinking.

[edit on 2010/8/1 by Aeons]

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: webpirate

Following the release of 92,000 war log files, Liz Cheney is calling for WikiLeaks to be shut down and says that the founder has "blood on his hands."

"I would point out that although you've got the news about the WikiLeaks documents that that came out this week and clearly Julian Assange's effort was to change course for the US policy in Afghanistan," Cheney told Fox News' Chris Wallace Sunday.

She went so far as to say if Iceland, where the site is apparently hosted now wont take steps to shut it down, the US should take it's own steps to shut it down. How, invade Iceland?

She didn't stop there. She went on to say:

"What he's done is very clearly aiding and abetting al Qaeda. And as I said, he may very well be responsible for the deaths of American soldiers Afghanistan," she concluded.

Full Story

What happens if she gets her way? If the US government get their way, which you know they want, and shut down WikiLeaks. Will ATS be next?

May 12, 2021

Amazing how it takes SO LONG to get rid of troublemakers in Congress.

Liz Cheney finally ousted from GOP leadership: www.cnbc.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 10:28 PM
link   
June 21, 2022

It appears that unless Congresswoman LIZ CHENEY switches to Democrat and moves from Wyoming, her political career is OVER.

She's about to "pay the price" for being corrupted: finance.yahoo.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join