It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liz Cheney calls on Obama to shut down WikiLeaks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Following the release of 92,000 war log files, Liz Cheney is calling for WikiLeaks to be shut down and says that the founder has "blood on his hands."

"I would point out that although you've got the news about the WikiLeaks documents that that came out this week and clearly Julian Assange's effort was to change course for the US policy in Afghanistan," Cheney told Fox News' Chris Wallace Sunday.

She went so far as to say if Iceland, where the site is apparently hosted now wont take steps to shut it down, the US should take it's own steps to shut it down. How, invade Iceland?

She didn't stop there. She went on to say:

"What he's done is very clearly aiding and abetting al Qaeda. And as I said, he may very well be responsible for the deaths of American soldiers Afghanistan," she concluded.

Full Story

What happens if she gets her way? If the US government get their way, which you know they want, and shut down WikiLeaks. Will ATS be next?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The Icelandic government is the only entity that can shutdown WL by government mandate. The US President has no jurisdiction in Iceland and therefore no power over the flow of information from that country in any media format.
The only thing that the US government has the power to do is to enforce an IP block so that the information on the site cant been seen from a US based IP address. There are, of course, many ways around that, but it is about all they can really do.
I suppose they could go to the UN and petition Iceland formaly, even promote sanctions against them if they continue.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It's a sad day when people listen to someone like Liz Cheney. She is fooled by her own family, how would she even begin to know what the truth is? I would be working on changing my last name if I was her. Maybe Liz Bien? Has a nice ring to it.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I would quite like to punch Liz Cheyney in her mouth.

Oh and her husband too.

* and i'm a pacifist.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Of course she would support the closure of WikiLeaks. Her family is heavily vested, financially, in the war...there couldn't be a more biased source...

What kind of concerns me though is that there may be something that they can do. I don't underestimate the people who really want to remain hidden...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Oh yeah. That worries me too. Iceland may be the only legal entity who could shut it down, but I wouldn't put it past someone who might well be implicated by something WikiLeaks posts to try something other than "approved" methods to try to silence it.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Liz Cheney..........Liz.....Cheney

I would take my political and strategic advice from elmo before this _____ _____ ______ (use your imagination, because my respect for ATS rules and decorum prevent me from even beginning to type what I am thinking).

How about we shut down Dick's mechanical "heart", then I'll consider your proposal, _____.

As others have eluded to, what the hell does her opinion matter anyway? She has no qualification, background or experience in matters such as this. Her bloodline is soiled and untrustworthy, and her point of view is as skewed and biased as it could be on this issue.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Shark VA84]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
If assange has blood on his hands then ol dick must be coverd head
to toe in the stuff

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Oh but I sure hope we do not invade Iceland.
If the US did that then the world would see through our plan along with the citizens of the US.
Hmmm, why is that?
It is more noticeable than a festering blister on your privates but we still do not pull our troops.
We escalate.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Yes yes destroy the truth, obliterate it unfailingly!

Lies, deciept, corruption, corporate war profiteering must be defended at all costs!

As if the lives of soldiers in an illegal war mean anything to these facists.

Their criminal activities must be protected at all costs!

These people have no empathy or reason to silence Assange other than for their own benefit.

And Liz Cheney who the snip is that? I'd rather listen to opinions from a homeless crack addict!

[edit on 1-8-2010 by ISHAMAGI]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It isn't YOUR information Liz.

The people paid for it. The people own it. It is their's to do with as they will.

YOU and yours are NOT the government, and you are not the people.

Forget it at your peril.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Like he could! Listening to Liz Cheney is like listening to a robot. Does she have an original thought or opinion of her own? Wish we could shut her down from getting any air/print time.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I think shes afraid WL might release something in the future pertaining to daddys criminal actions.

we all are aware of Norman Minetas testimony:

Mineta: "Does the order still stand?"

DICK: "Of course the orders still stand, have you heard anything of the contrary?"

Lets only hope he is charged with a crime before his transformation to machine is complete and he becomes unstopable!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This type of rhetoric by Liz Cheney is another example of why we can't allow neo-conservatives to gain control of our government. All they are interested in is to continue to prop up the military industrial machine by shutting down any forms of dissent--and that includes WikiLeaks.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

No, that's the other daughter but I agree with you about Liz. What authority or expertise does she have in anything? I think she's as scary and seemingly as sociopathic as her father.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Liz Cheney is calling for WikiLeaks to be shut down and says that the founder has "blood on his hands."

Please tell me she didn't say that after killing millions of innocent Iraqis, men , women and children.

I can literally see Satan walking up to Liz Cheney and slapping the crap out of her for saying that. "Please don't patronize the humans"

[edit on 1-8-2010 by superluminal11]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Of course she would support the closure of WikiLeaks. Her family is heavily vested, financially, in the war...there couldn't be a more biased source...

What kind of concerns me though is that there may be something that they can do. I don't underestimate the people who really want to remain hidden...

Sadly there is something that they can do. Iceland has been very hard hit by the financial meltdown and faces some staggering financial obligations to foreign banks and entities.

The idea of a sovereign nation under the international banking cartel and its global economy is basically myth. Sovereign nations are the ones currently ostracized, like Cuba and North Korea.

All other nations are dependent on the cartel for credits to print or borrow currency from international sources.

Why has communist China loaned the U.S. trillions of dollars to fight the wars in Afghanistan and in Iraq. Partially because China has gotten some lucrative oil concessions from Iraq, and some lucrative copper concessions from Afghanistan but in large part because they have as little choice in lending the money, as we in the United States have in borrowing the money.

The International Banking Cartel controls all that through the various national reserve banks.

So yes, pressure can absolutely be brought to bear on Iceland, and it will be interesting to see, since Iceland basically threw out it’s former government at the height of the financial crisis because of the nature of the international loans and agreements with Bankers it had made.

Ultimately Iceland might find itself an ostracized nation and it’s entirely possible Wiki is betting on the people of Iceland’s desire to hang tough and seek independence from a very enslaving and dictatorial international system in their decision to base their operations there.

Regardless far too many crimes are being hidden under the guise of national security and such secrecy has traditionally been repugnant to independent minded Americans.

These secrets being revealed is not jeopardizing the life of U.S. Troops an Empire bent government is jeopardizing their lives.

Truth be known, and it always should be, by all.

[edit on 1/8/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
That gorgon is the pieceiest piece of work I've seen in some time. Zero humility. Zero. Children who learn their parents (yes, that Lynne is a succubus of untold disgust, as well) are possessed by demons, you'd think, wouldn't celebrate it. I can only imagine that while in utero, her soul was soured and she was born a lost cause.

She is truly a scourge on this planet.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

It's a reincarnation of Dick Cheney. Oh God! won't they ever leave us alone !!

By the way isn't this Cheney the one who launched an ad suggesting that a number of Justice Department officials are terrorist sympathizers for representing detainees against illegal treatment by the Bush’s administration. The ad labels them the “Al-Qaeda 7.”

Keep whining little baby, your dad's corruption and crimes are going to be exposed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join