It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation; The Mark of the Beast

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
well you still referenced to some of what I have seen and heard before in your belief of your translation I will look to your other trhreads then to see what you view is .. just seems alittle fimilar is all I mean ...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Absolutely people have that choice and are making that choice every day. People choose to be Jews, Mormons, Bahais, Freemasons...just to name a few but all of these sport the hexagram. People love their lives to death and will conform, that's the choice they make. It really is in their dna.
edit on 14-11-2010 by iamnot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
In my mind and heart, seperation from God is sin. Sin drove Adam and Eve from the Garden. In the last year or so I've come to the conclusion that what I can do to most please God is to work my hardest to eliminate all the sin from my life I possibly can. I know sin is not relative, and to me that means eliminating the small sins from my life as well as the big ones. My most fervent prayer is that He will teach me His
Truth every day, and that I desire to have a pure heart. God knows our Hearts, don't you think?

Remember what Jesus told the prostitute..."Go and sin no more". One step up the ladder at a time.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadred
My most fervent prayer is that He will teach me His Truth every day, and that I desire to have a pure heart.

Thank you for those comments.
That reads to me like a very good definition of being "sealed" by God, and NOT being marked by the Beast.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Vonour

I can think of two reasons why there might be "familiarity".
Firstly, my understanding of Revelation is firmly tied in with the traditional Christian teaching of the rest of the New Testament, and that might be familiar.
Secondly, my understanding is based, as far as possible, on what the text says. Anyone else who is following what the text says is going to come to very similar conclusions.
But I can promise you that I spend many hours a week polishing up the exact wording of these pieces, and I have not taken either the wording or the ideas from anybody else.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
it fits best as a bowl on your front porch for all to see....
it's a mark in...not on.....and it's probably sunday instead of saturday sabbath. the bowl....every sunday it has to have offerings to the evil one ...drop em in on your way to sunday worship.....all will be able to see your action
the catholics are installing sunday laws....and are moving on this through their speeches...there's more

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by iamnot

I only asked, because you were quoting the example of DNA, which is a classic case of something received by people which is beyond their control.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

This is why I quoted dna. www.2012.com.au... It seems to be a new age concept or at least this page in particular is directed towards that new age group, the ones who tend to shun religion.

The article suggests you can alter your dna and the diagram supposedly shows what your dna looks like before and after. Wether it's true or not I think it's just a lie to get people to accept the mark.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by iamnot

Thank you for that link, which is fascinating. The link itself wasn't on your earlier post, only the diagram.
Yes, the whole idea strikes me as profoundly unscientific.
I think that's a good enough reason for a thumbs down.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I have such a problem with this"God" stuff.

Like,being created "in his image",like,of course we rebel.

In his image implies free will.

The issue is morality.

Ultimate power requires the ability to forgive those who have no power or morality.

Let the unrighteous be unrighteous.........

Forgive them for what though?,not being like you?.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders
Ultimate power requires the ability to forgive those who have no power or morality.
Let the unrighteous be unrighteous.........
Forgive them for what though?,not being like you?.

Your comments look a little confusing.
Are you saying that they ought not to be forgiven?
Or that they ought not to need forgiveness?
Are you talking about God forgiving people, or people forgiving each other?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Hi there Disraeli, i like most of your threds and would like to hear any views on Islam and its
relation to biblical prophesy, my personal belief is that the mark of the beast is Allah is god
written in arabic.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

I'm not sure. To be honest, I'm still not convinced that prophecy points very clearly towards any specific group.
But let me offer this as a possibility; I don't know if you've seen the threads where I suggest there are two persecutions in the Revelation timeline. There is the main persecution by the Beast, but before that there is the preliminary persecution which produces the martyrs seen "under the altar" at the fifth seal, So what about Islam as possibly getting involved in that first persecution?
As I said in the OP, the problem with finding "666" in places is that the number can be "found" in so many different places that it becomes impossible to choose between them. In effect, they cancel each other out. That's why I went for the line that it represents humanity, and a focussing of religion upon something human.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

How else would Arabics refer to God then? What do Arabic Christians call God?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by iamnot

Hey Iamnot are you who i think?
Do i know you? Is that you stinkfinger?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Thanks for the quick reply Disraeli, no idont recall the persecuted thread will have to have a quick look
i agree with the flood of 666 references but in islam the number is considered holy! In so many ways more
and more it becomes clear that islam is the exact opposite of christianity.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

From memory- "Souls under the altar" looks at the martyred victims themselves.
"Time, times, and half a time" goes through the timeline.
I've probably said it more than once, but those are the ones that come to mind.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

What kind of hateful remark was that? I was being serious, how else would an Arabic Christian call God? Is that not a logical question?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamnot

What kind of hateful remark was that? I was being serious, how else would an Arabic Christian call God? Is that not a logical question?

They would most likely call Creator, Allah, what else would they call him Elohim.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by iamnot

Sorry thought you were someone else, noo im not like that. I should have emphasised the word
"written", cause its a visual thing, have you seen it?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join