It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confronting parents about Fluoride in bottled water?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

6 of these are sitting in my kitchen, should I confront my parents about the 0.3 ppm fluoride ion content?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I wouldn't use the word 'confront' but it'd probably be worth pointing out that there's a fair bit of evidence that fluoride might be a bad thing to ingest.

I managed to get a lot of my family and friends onto non-fluoride toothpaste just by having brief and sensible conversation about it effectively being an industrial waste product. Most people don't realise it's an additive and a product of the aluminum industry.

Edited due to poor spelling.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by eightfold]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Good to hear. I told them briefly about the kinds of fluorides, one natural(Carbon Fluoride) & the other being a industrial waste product (Sodium Fluoride), how Fluoride can be found in rat poison.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
you should do whatever you can to make them see the truth.
after all theyr getting old,you dont want them ingesting fluoride do you?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
You should inform them. Everyone has a right to know.
Second line assassin.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Fear_Fear]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
There's a story about parents being charged and imprisoned for cruelty to their children by dint of flouride water.

It's getting dangerous out there.

Say, could the flouride conspiracy have been created by the soft drink establishment? You know, drink soda, it's better for you than water?

Yeah, that's the ticket.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'm still not sure what kind of impression I left on my parents they are probably both skeptical, though my mom said she believed me, I can't be sure. She once tried to convince me Kool Aid Jammers was healthy

I made this thread because breaking out valuable information such as this can drastically change a way a person perceives you, I just wanted to be sure before going ahead and changing the way my parents would view me after telling them this

I also briefly talked about processed foods that could contain Aspartame & Mecury.

I'm not sure what they've made of it, hopefully not crazy or not sound of mind

[edit on 1-8-2010 by la vie]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I think that you approaching them on a serious subject such as fluoride is a good thing. I great that you can actual tell them these things. I feel bad for the babies and toddlers that are drinking this all day, because they are unaware of the dangers, and don't have the ability to speak on their own behalf.

On my FB I have placed so much information pertaining to this subject, and it seems to be ignored, or passed off as paranoid. Last time I did it, some parents were angry, because I posted everything that I could and commented by saying, if you have $100 to go to the club, then you can afford $20 for a water filter, then I posted all of the $20 or less water filter, either containers or the ones you can hook up right to your sink.

Upset or not, I don't speak for them, I speak for those who cannot speak for themselves.

Good job, you might have just saved yourself and those you love from poison. Even if they fully don't understand, as long as you let them know that you are looking out for their and your best interest at heart, they will be proud .

Peace to you...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I thought it was calcium fluoride that is in bottled water and not sodium fluoride? have they started adding sodium fluoride to bottled water now?
Oh and i don't believe in the conspiracies regarding fluoride, but it still shouldn't be added imo, it's just a cheap way to get rid of a waste product.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
my parents were sceptical when i was healing my eyes from astigmatism doing eye exercises and all,and now i have to have an eye operation becase they got so worse.
and it was working...

my best friend was sceptical about home made toothpase too,and he got to had tooth operation on 6 teeth atleast.

sorry if i was too forwarded about your parents,but you MUST explain to them,that this is SERIOUS,and everything that the news feeds them is not real.

my mother says all the time "who would the doctors put fluoride in toothpase to hurt us,theyr doctors,they know better then you!"
you see why i get mad at her right?

so please talk to them mon. i know its hard to find fluoride-free water in america,but buy an water filter or sometin

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Hey everyone I greatly appreciate your replies and it comforts me to know the purpose of spreading this awareness regarding fluoride & similar chemicals in our food source is far more important and greater than receiving momentarily unexpected reactions

@stillalive no need for apology, you're absolutely right

Peace to you all

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
"nursery water" - purified water with added fluoride:

www.nurserywater.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
0.3 ppm of fluoride is natural. Don't get your panties in a wad until you're up to 0.8 to 1.2 ppm which is the EPA directive for fluoridation on potable water.

You should probably contact your local water supply and ask what the fluoride level is before anything is done. In some areas, natural water has to have it reduced to acceptable levels. So much for natural is better kind of crap.

I'd love one of my kids to confront me on anything... We'd really have a bonding moment.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Are you sure its .3 PPM and not .03 PPM? Big difference.

I just checked my bottled water and it's only .04 PPM, which is nothing to worry about.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
0.3 ppm of fluoride is natural. Don't get your panties in a wad until you're up to 0.8 to 1.2 ppm which is the EPA directive for fluoridation on potable water.

Ah if this is the case, I would have to quickly regret my actions yesterday, and of course the fact that I have to tell them "nevermind if this is the case, aH..

Originally posted by TheComte
Are you sure its .3 PPM and not .03 PPM? Big difference.

Hello, I rechecked the bottle and indeed it says 0.3ppm

I found this via Google

what do you think?

[edit on 2-8-2010 by la vie]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
friend,here is a little present to make you understand why my country (bulgaria) is the worst place. if you think america wants to poison you and make you fat,bulgaria wants you to just die.

so we have mineral water springs,we all buy bottles of mineral waters (atleast we dont pay for bottled water) and the bastards put 1.5MG fluoride in it!
im NEVER again drinking this,as soon as im out the better,i hope this country burns to the ground.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I would just like to add, many countries of the world BAN the introduction of fluoride in water.

The conspiracy theorists are just crazy right?

Sodium fluoride in any quantity is bad, keep drinking the kool aid folks.

There are fluoride free toothpastes on the market also.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
i was reading about that,folks every european country has DENIED and BANNED the use of fluoride in water! only germany fluoridated the water for a while and then they banned it to! infact as the video says nazis used to put fluoride in water in camps to make the jews and blacks retarded. its calld POISONING.

now let me get you a cool recipe.
get SODA ,little SALT, and WATER and make glueee,add a little peroxyde if you can its cheap. try this and see the big difference the first time you brush k guys?

couse yea colgate actualy promotes that they put fluoride in theyr toothpastes like its a good thing

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by la vie

You're on the right track, find info off the web of a gentle simple and persuasive nature include govt and dental assocs studies proving fluoride is harmful and give them to your mom to read, hopefully she'll get the message and change her purchasing habits, a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
when talking to someout about sodium flouride, mention that it is used to kill rats.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join