It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't come on ATS much anymore for a reason.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This board has turned into a debate politics forum, and I really don't think a lot of you get the big picture yet even though you have somewhat woken up. It's not about politics, it's not about the war in iraq or the possibility of a war with south korea or some crap...it's much bigger than that. We all know the two major political parties are controlled, so why even bother arguing about what should be done and what shouldn't? Why aren't there more topics about the true whistleblowers like john lear, george green, jim humble, henry deacon, dan burisch, aaron mccollum, and bob dean? We waste so much time looking at articles from some random unknown website like the sun and using that as credibility. Why not look to these guys for credibility since they are ex military and ex government? I mean yeah some of these guys can be screwin with our heads possibly, but it's the closest thing we have to INFORMATION. I just hate to log on and see how people are talking about whats being said on the news, it really makes me feel stupid.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I agree with you.

Unfortunetly however Politics is something that EVERYBODY should be in the know and be participating in.

It's how these "controllers" control us. This is their prime weapon, to confuse us and use the fiat political system against us.

The only way to win is to take it back and reform it so that abuse and scandal can't happen anymore.

It doesn't matter what John Lear or any of these other "whisleblowers" are saying if nobody is paying attention to them because we allow our elected officials and the MSM to portray them as lunatics and clowns.

The following thread is a really good explanation on why we should focus on politics.

~Keeper

ETA: Link & Spelling

[edit on 8/1/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
If we all had a prize to keep our eye on it would change the game.

There are many distractions in the world today, politics being one of them.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Thyhorrorcosmic

Unfortunately we have a large number of members who don't like conspiracies, this may sound strange on a conspiracy site but it's true

Politics is involved with almost everything so you cant escape the fact that many member discuss it however I do agree with you that you may as well be reading a the Daily Mirror with many of them.

If you try and express anything original people jump on your back quoting you to death. too many members stalk the board waiting to spread their wonderful personalities, I suppose we have to face the fact that ATS is a Prozac for some.

Members talk in a way that they wouldn't do when put face to face with a person, They must feel more secure in a place like this than they do in the real world.

Those who post links to Yahoo, the Sun,etc should be shot by a firing squad

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Thyhorrorcosmic

I do understand what you are saying. I remember the good old days of Dark Knight and many controversial theories.

It does seem we have concentrated on the political situation. We may have to be patient and wait for a new 'star' of a person to come along we can dissect on the board.

Not enough was discussed about the Russian spies, the young man that is under arrest now for stealing and making military messages available to all of us and there really seems to be one hell of a conspiracy concerning the actions or inaction of our government to keep our boarders safe.

And no, I do not talk in public as I do when I post on this board. In person I am more animated and forceful and speak with authority. I haven't been able to get really comfortable here yet.

Maybe I've been concerned about not getting warned or banned and also I've been trying to be a nice person. Nice is good but doesn't make for good debates or posting.

I believe something will knock our socks off soon and we will regain some of our conspirator attitudes.

You made a valid point. Hang in there and wait for the tide to turn and it will.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by dizziedame]

top topics

join