It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Republican Govenor for Tennesee?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This is Basil Marceaux.

He's in a three-way battle for the Republican nomination for Tennessee governor.

His video-tapped political message and why you should vote for him?

Well it is either a drunken train wreck or mindbogglingly ingenious.

In a possible move to one-up Marceauxs' crazy viedo, Congressman Zach Wamp, one of his two opponents for the Republican nomination, is hinting about pushing to possibly secede from the Union should he win.

Are politicians even trying any more? Does it even matter now?

More importantly...what's in the water down in Tennessee??!

- Lee

[edit on 1-8-2010 by lee anoma]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I'm from Tennessee and just heard of this guy this weekend. He has a website Basil Marceaux. com. It's pretty hilarious. Lots of misspellings and grammatical errors and yet he lists education as his top priority.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Should have seen him on Colbert Report, hilarious.

He and Alvin Greene from South Carolina should both run for Pres. Only in America...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Honestly...I keep hoping it's a joke?

I laughed for a few seconds and then got a little pit in my stomache...does he have a chance of winning? Someone please tell me no.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Well, I just moved to Tennessee, and, to be honest, his level of intellect is not uncommon here, apparently. (Though not every one is quite that simple.) So, he may actually be stating his real view points.

I would not be surprised, based on some of the conversations I have had since moving here.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
What do you expect from a nation that places absolutely no value on education whose schools are a travesty? Marceaux is a typical American, not the exception. He might come across as a drunken illiterate, he might even be a drunken illiterate, but I'm willing to bet he (or Alvin Greene, for that matter) is far more harmless than the usual megalomaniacs that run for office.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Should have seen him on Colbert Report, hilarious.

The Colbert Nation-Republican Gubernatorial Primary Battle

Oh man...that was priceless.

Especially when he read Marceauxs' stance on slavery as stated on his website...what the??

You can't make this stuff up.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Well, I have to take issue with characterizing all Americans that way. I had long thought, (based on where I had lived, and the people I had met) that the claims of American stupidity were just European propaganda. It wasnt until I moved here that I really ran smack into it.

Clearly, there are pockets of both intelligence and ignorance in the US. It may be like that everywhere. I dont know, I havent lived everywhere. I think certain regions in the US may be more prone to ignorance than others because of the way religion is practiced in those areas.

Big emphasis on faith in authority, extreme resistance to critical thinking, and an education system crippled by religious fervor and poverty. Many of the people I have met here are good people, mind you. They are some of the best neighbors I have ever had. But the entrenched powers in this region, political and religious, want to make damn sure their flocks never get sidetracked by critical thinking and analysis on the way to the polls and collection plates.

Its a damn shame, too. This region is beautiful. If it werent for the stranglehold the conservatives have on the educational system, I would guess there would be a lot of economic growth that would help the people here out enormously.

top topics

join