It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Obama Has Done Anything, It's Create a Constitutional Awareness..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Before Obama got elected, trying to start a conversation about the Constitution was about as difficult as starting a conversation about ugly people you've known.

Why talk Constitution when there is football, baseball, basketball and Playboy centerfolds.

Before Obama got elected, the average conversation couldn't produce an iota of knowledge about which amendment went where and did what.

Today, with Obama elected, Americans have become abundantly aware that there is a plethora of Constitution talk buzzing around them.

Constitution this. Constitution that. Who knew that all that had to be done was that taking away Constitutional Rights would get people talking about the document.

Obama actually did some good by getting elected. Obama raised the awareness level across the American modern frontier of Constitutional crisis.

Explosive new evidence shows ruling of AZ judge illegal
www.examiner.com...

In other words, the Judge in the Arizona case has absolutely no Constitutional jurisdiction over the matter upon which she ruled. As the Constitution makes abundantly clear, only the U.S. Supreme Court can issue rulings that involve a state.

This means that neither Judge Bolton nor the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco, to which the case is being appealed, have any legal standing whatsoever to rule on the issue.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Utter, utter nonsense.

The world was full of conversations, debates, and discussions about the Constitution during the entire last administration, particularly surrounding the Patriot Act and the National Security Letters.. You might really want to consider taking a look at this thread and the report it's about.

This site alone is full of information about it.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
And it's not just The Constitution.

Op, you are certainly correct.
I heard a radio talk host, I think it was Medved, just recently say that people are signing up and attending Constitutional courses online in record numbers.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Of course, you're an individual who has posted links to the Soros operation media matters without any hint of irony, so whatever drivel you spew can be safely ignored.

Obama's signature accomplishment is destroying the finances of the US.

He has also, maybe as a tertiary thing, inspired a great introspection about the Constitution and the proper role of government (behaving like a South American Caudillo will do that), although the terminus of that line of thought is the gradual evisceration of the Constitution since 1913.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Intreresting that you mention Medved.

During the campaign, Medved was decidedly pro-Obama. Ergo, I tuned Medved out.

The other day I accidentally tuned into a Medved show....boy, does Medved have buyer's remorse about Obama. So, I listened. Medved has actually become interesting to listen to again.

You got to hand it to those who are willing to admit they've made a mistake.

new topics

top topics

join