It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the "big bang" really just the formation of neuron connections in God's brain?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I was thinking hehe.

What if the Universe is just the brain of a bug.
And that bug lives in a ultra giant universe we cannot even comprehend.

And that ultra- universe is actually the brain of another creature, in an even greater macrocosm.

We could go up more levels, and we could go down into the microcosm this way as well. I bet.
So that would make the "true universe" an infinite double mirror reflection of countless universes within universes.

Hah I'll shush now.

Sort of how I sometimes see it. We are in Whoville, and Horton is *somehow very important*

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copperflower
This is a great discussion. Please, more physics? I would like to see what the thoughts of ATS are on this microcosm/macrocosm phenomena...

I think that involving science in religion is the thing that messed it all up. Why do some scientists not have a religion? Why do some believe that as we learn more in science that religion seems to disappear?

I CAN ANSWER THAT!

Before we had a moderate understanding on science and the world, priests and other religious people probably tried to gather an audience by stating things that couldn’t be proved nor disproved, I.E. SNEEZING AND HAVING TO SAY BLESS YOU.

Before we knew why humans and other creatures sneezed, religious people said that you sneezed because the devil was trying to steal your soul???? That required someone to say bless you to save your soul??

Once we had the tools to understand why sneezing happened then the scientists looked at the religious people as liars just trying to gather an audience by making absurd claims. That may be why science and religion have a hard time coping.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

?COMO?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by macb6497
reply to post by Danbones

?COMO?

ahh
Physics....eermm yes quantum...ok here goes:
"If nothing is better than eternal happiness
and a ham sandwich is better than nothing
then give me a ham sandwich please..."
- Man on relativity express talking to himself as he arrives home just prior to leaving for his banishment to earth...

therefore:
at the sub atomic level everything is vibration, so nothing really exists.
there is no try, there is simply do, or not do,
but first we must creat the undo

this means that sub atomic events can happen backward AND forwards.
so at some point if there was a big bang the wave form must eventually collapse....
for an instant it becomes the "gib gnab" theory
perhaps my banishment to earth was brewing for some time...
it may not have been due to one single incident...

like string theory my wife may have put up with me for some time and space till she snapped...hopefully she snaps back soon.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Jazzyguy

Yes, christian. If that is what you mean?

Yes, that's what I mean. But if you take biblical God as reference, how Christ is going to fit into all of this?
But it's also possible that this universe is also part of another universe, meaning even God also has their own God. Sort of a fractal universe.

Fractal Universe? Look at a brain cell compared to the universe...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
i was told or figured out this exactly durring one particularly quarky mushroom trip i experienced and i havent been the same since. i for one think its a possibility that theuniverse we see is part of an unimaginably small portion of a larger existance on an unimagionably long timeframe. basically never ending in both dirrections, meaning there is an unimaginably vast universe for us to explore that is our brain. or our brain is a reflection of the larger cosmos. but who really knows these things.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
maybe its not god's brain we are in, maybe it's just some random dude in a random universe much, much bigger than ours. If someone did create this universe, I have yet to see any evidence that they are aware of it or that they interact with us in any way

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
maybe were just part of game of marbles like on men in black. serously though this sort of thing frazzles my head. INFANITE POSSOBILITIES + ME = MEN IN WHITE COATS.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Do you think that during the darkness of the universe that God was maybe a child whose brain hasn't developed entirely? And, as the years went on He started to learn, just like the humans ability to visualize more as they grow, and new neurons were formed?

What do you think?

Cool thread.

How in the world, though, do you tie in the Big Bang Theory with "god's" brain? What would lead one to surmise that the universe is the content of a god's brain ... versus the tip of one his nose hairs or a speck of dust on his television set? Why must the universe be anything other than what it seems to be as we learn about it?

Not that there's anything wrong with it, but why would you conclude your god had a childhood? Indicating such would insinuate he has a life cycle which suggests birth? For those who believe in him, it seems a trippy thought to reflect on god's birth, but isn't the deal he's always been?

Also, if our universe is a god's brain undergoing maturation and learning things, doesn't that suggest the Big Bang was his initial effort (perhaps an involuntary, spontaneous creation of existence). If so, does he deserve credit for it?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by danielhanson420

Thinking like that is where I lose it and it's also kind of depressing.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
lol, lets be real

the big bang could be ANYTHING

it could be the start of this virtual world

it could be the result of 2 things hitting themselves (2 universes? string theory/?)

it could be what happens when a black hole takes something

it could be ANYTHING

this is just speculation, and I love speculations, but in this case ... there is not much to say

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
the big bang theory is just that a theory with a whowl lot of evidence that the average joe would have no way of obtaining, other than from media sourses of corse. can we not contemplate other theorys based on our immediate experiences as well?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by macb6497

I like that you are willing to explore different possibilities. I think you might be interested in Pantheism

Until I found this I was a pure Atheist, but now I am still an Atheist but as the great Richard Dawkins would say, "A sexed-up Atheist".

top topics

<< 1   >>

join