It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the "big bang" really just the formation of neuron connections in God's brain?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Many scientists and physicists have many theories on how the universe formed. From branes to black holes in other black holes to something from nothing, it was a place where debates could go on forever.

But, what if the universe was always here and just happened to generate enough force that pulled things together, creating heat and ultimately, the universe, as we know it.

Do you think that during the darkness of the universe that God was maybe a child whose brain hasn't developed entirely? And, as the years went on He started to learn, just like the humans ability to visualize more as they grow, and new neurons were formed?

Just like our brains, there is always something there but connections seem to form out of nowhere. The connections become solid just like the plants and constellations, as we know.

What do you think?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Sorry, but your theory is nothing but one big metaphor.
What should we discuss?
I totally agree.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by incarnating]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It's a lot more than a metaphor I am afraid.

He has a point.

sprott.physics.wisc.edu...

Look at this link.

The microcosm and the macrocosm are almost identical, in this perspective.

To me the word "Universe" and "God" share the same meaning, and with all things considered, I like this theory.

The Universe is a brain I guess.

It really is a mind blowing concept when you compare the data models.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by incarnating

Yep, except it's a metaphor for the formation of the flying spaghetti monster's noodley appendages. The meatball eyes formed a couple hundred million years thereafter, seeing as before that time the universe was still without light. We are all a part of the flying spaghetti monster, this is a fact.

God? That's just silly...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by macb6497
Do you think that during the darkness of the universe that God was maybe a child whose brain hasn't developed entirely? And, as the years went on He started to learn, just like the humans ability to visualize more as they grow, and new neurons were formed?

It depends on what kind of God do you believe in. But let's make this official first, are you a theist, yes or no?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
if it was just his mind maturing then your still left with the question... who, what made god.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Wow, those pictures do look exactly the same. For the person below me, I'm not saying that God doesn't exist, I'm just saying that may be He wanted things to be similar. Isn't that how you would want to keep your things in order?

[edit on 1-8-2010 by macb6497]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I think it was a neuron disconnecting
they don't call them Snapses for nothing you know...

I hate to think god was having a stroke because things these days sure seem to indicate some kind of major disconnect...

One ringy dingy....two ringy dingy...
Hello...Dave?...Daves not here man...Hello...I am talking to Uranus...
Dave what are you doing Dave....

Ps
my theory could also be called the "big bong" theory I guess..
though with my spelling I'm not sure anyone would notice ....

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

I hate to to think god was having a stroke because things these days sure seem to indicate some kind of major disconnect...

Now that is scary Dan.

Really like the way you put it though. Nice post.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Microcosm and macrocosm.
Maybe we're just a dream, and he/universe will wake up one day

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This is a great discussion. Please, more physics? I would like to see what the thoughts of ATS are on this microcosm/macrocosm phenomena...

I heard a statement on a PBS show about quantum mechanics years ago, and it really opened up my faith, curiously enough:

On the subatomic level, the seemingly-impossible happens all the time.

That one is still sinking in and working wonders in my cynical brain, lol.

Just want to add that to the conversation...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Yes, christian. If that is what you mean?

[edit on 1-8-2010 by macb6497]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Wondered if he had an awkward teenage life..... he didn't get any in deist high school, so maybe that's why he's so pissed about other people having sex?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I was thinking hehe.

What if the Universe is just the brain of a bug.

And that bug lives in a ultra giant universe we cannot even comprehend.

And that ultra- universe is actually the brain of another creature, in an even greater macrocosm.

We could go up more levels, and we could go down into the microcosm this way as well. I bet.

So that would make the "true universe" an infinite double mirror reflection of countless universes within universes.

Hah I'll shush now.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

May be if we some day are able to interact with dark gravity then we will create real gravity. Making God feel as if he was falling and waking Him up. Is that where we become really advanced?

Inception.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
reply to post by incarnating

Yep, except it's a metaphor for the formation of the flying spaghetti monster's noodley appendages. The meatball eyes formed a couple hundred million years thereafter, seeing as before that time the universe was still without light. We are all a part of the flying spaghetti monster, this is a fact.

God? That's just silly...

I guess the meatball eyes took so long because of their irreducible complexity??
Tell me, are you really Ken Hovind, in cephalapod drag?
And if there really is no god, how can we have so much evidence for the bib bang?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I was thinking hehe.

What if the Universe is just the brain of a bug.

And that bug lives in a ultra giant universe we cannot even comprehend.

And that ultra- universe is actually the brain of another creature, in an even greater macrocosm.

We could go up more levels, and we could go down into the microcosm this way as well. I bet.

So that would make the "true universe" an infinite double mirror reflection of countless universes within universes.

Hah I'll shush now.

that's where the movie Inception comes into play.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copperflower
This is a great discussion. Please, more physics?

Perhaps we should investigate how this relates to fractal phenomena?

en.wikipedia.org...

A fractal is "a rough or fragmented geometric shape that can be split into parts, each of which is (at least approximately) a reduced-size copy of the whole,"[1] a property called self-similarity. Roots of mathematically rigorous treatment of fractals can be traced back to functions studied by Karl Weierstrass, Georg Cantor and Felix Hausdorff in studying functions that were analytic but not differentiable; however, the term fractal was coined by Benoît Mandelbrot in 1975 and was derived from the Latin fractus meaning "broken" or "fractured."

There does seem to be striking similarities. Hmmmm.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by danielhanson420

And thinking about that is where I lose it. Like thinking about floating in space not knowing what's in front of you. What will you hit?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
hello I am from the planet Shclepp
I was banished here to earth by my wife...
we live in a 2D universe...
she asked me:
Do I look flat in this dress?

I should not have done what the marriage manual suggests in the
"In event of wifely questions" section.
I said: "Yes door"
ooops wrong answer...

nice place you have here
many deep subjects....and so much time...
back home we rush rush rush...
not much time for delving into things there
say maybe you could tell me...
are there such thing as well you know....
Aliens?

and what is this....thick?
thick is difficult concept
I have trouble with thick...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join