It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Threatens To Cut Ties With Palestinian Authority

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

US threatens to cut ties with PA

www.presstv.ir

The United States has warned it would only sustain its ties with the Palestinian Authority (PA) if the organization restarts direct talks with Israel, a Palestinian official says.

"There has been huge pressure on the Palestinian Authority to move to direct talks," Hanan Ashrawi, a member of the Palestinian Legislative Council told London-based Arabic-language newspaper Al-Quds Al-Arabi on Saturday.

"They even threatened to isolate the Palestinians and cut off relations," the official added.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8/1/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Well isn't that fine and dandy?

I don't really know what to think anymore. I disagree with Israel over their treatment of Palestinians, but I also disagree with Palestinians for electing a Militia group as their leaders.

The whole situation is needlessly out of hand at this point and people need to calm down and come to some sort of resolution.

Although it seems more and more that neither side want any sort of closure. IMO the US is wrong to pressure the PA, they should be pressuring Israel to follow international law, just like everybody else.

Thoughts?

~Keeper

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
"US threatens to cut ties with PA"
NOT PENSYLVANIA!!!
NOOOOOOO
oh Palestine
oops

Ps
the US has been a real big help to Palestine
the US has better places to export democracy too...
where they respectfully elect the government the US has paid for.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Danbones]

new topics

join