It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks guilty, at least morally: Robert Gates

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Baldur

Baldur, sorry about that, I didn't realize that was your quote. I guess I still have a lot to learn abou the quote stacking. I'm still trying to learn how to quote mutiple quotes but it turns into a tangled mess too.

Thanks for replying, actually I like what you said.

Best Regards,
Liberty

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The documents essentially confirmed that there are civilian casualties caused by the United States. This is not surprising in a war. Virtually ALL modern warfare involves "collateral damage," a chilling term which means innocent civilians die as well as soldiers. This damage is caused by every side, not just the Americans. In this respect, all wars are equally evil.

Sherman said, "War is hell," and that about sums it up. I just assume in any war no side is going to "play fair" so these leaks don't surprise me. If you're in favor of the war, you recognize that reality. If you oppose it, then leaks like this just confirm your moral and/or practical opposition to it.

What does concern me most is that some Afghanis who have been collaborating with us may be in serious danger. They are not totally "innocent," as they have chosen a side (or been driven to it by economic necessity) but I do think they should be protected by the forces that employ them for their own ends.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

You know how we can avoid collateral damage?

DON'T WAGE WARS OF CHOICE BASED ON LIES.

This is the 21st century. War is not necessary.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Agreed. I'm not arguing that the war is not immoral, only that all wars are. I personally think we should be out of it.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

It's always my opinion, unless stated or cited otherwise. I do believe the world as a collective whole needed a wake-up call. Bits of the truth about what is going on there come out all the time, but are insignificant when taken in pieces. Most people need to see a bigger picture before they "get" it. That's my opinion, by the way.

reply to post by Sestias

Sorry, I get a bit nuts over "collateral damage." I know you didn't mean it that way. It's just such a cold and clinical term.

[edit on 8/2/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Post On Topic and NOT about another Member..

Any further and warnings could ensue..

Thank you

Semper

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join