It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida church's 'Burn a Koran Day' brings Islamist threats

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Is this a joke? Only Muslims complain?

Am I the only one who watches as Bill O'Reilly, Glenn Beck, et al bleat on and on every year around December because Godless heathens like me are supposedly declaring "war on Christmas" because, God forbid, I like to say "Happy Holidays" instead of Merry Christmas because I have a fairly robust circle of friends and aquaintances who do not celebrate Christian holidays?

Or how about when some local government puts up a Menorah next to a Christmas tree, and how, suddenly, we are "oppressing Christians"?

And I'd love to see the neo-con Christians and the immense bleating that would happen if a Muslim mosque decided to burn a bunch of Bibles.

All we would hear for the next 6 months would be "STOP PERSECUTIN US CHRISTIANS!!" "THE LIBERAL CONSPIRACY TO WIPE CHRISTIANITY OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH", so on, so forth. So please don't try to come at us with the idea that Muslims dost protest too much. Christians in the US have the weakest skin of any religious group.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by greenfruit

Could you break that down for us to modern times? I'd really like to see the number with explanation for, say, the past 120 years...and then for the past 60 years.

The first easy one is Armenian by Turks est 1,000,000 dead. 20th century

Next would be the slave trade by Arabs. This eclipse's anything the west did.

11.5M-14M live imports/shipments.

Most authorities estimate that for every live slave that made it to market there were 3 to 5 deaths for every 1 live import.

18th century deaths = about 8 million
19th century deaths = about 9 million

Now these figures don't take into account what happened after the live ones arrived into the market. Future generations etc.

The last 60 years figures are harder to come by. just kidding this is even easier... they are killing themselves by the truck load. When they aren't killing us they are at it with each other.

1,900,000 Sudan, 1955-72; 1983-2006 (civil wars, genocides)

1,250,000 West Pakistan massacres in East Pakistan (Bangladesh 1971)

1,100,000 Nigeria, 1966-79 (Biafra); 1993-present

1,000,000 Iran-Iraq-War, 1980-88

400,000 Somalia, 1991-present

and so the list goes on.... and on and on....

It is estimated (rounded) that 11 million muslims have died since 1948 have been killed by fellow Muslims.

and they call this the religion of peace....

More like a death cult

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
i'm just wondering what do they say about people deleting holy books that come in pdf formats

in virtual world are the holy books protected ?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Let us have a new perspective - churches should not hate.

Let us agree that people have different beliefs.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Talking to people is better than aggression to change them.

If this is correct then perhaps US troops should adopt this attitude whilst raping assistance on behalf of the oil cartels.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

There is a good lesson here, though. You reap what you sow. They might want to think about that. I hope they do.

Isn't this exactly what you should be telling the Islamic extremists? They are the ones mass murdering people nearly every single day. They are the ones making gruesome videos of their murders for upload to youtube.

I guess my question is why are you apologist always making excuses for their violence or threats of violence? It seems to me Christians are constantly being insulted and provoked by the media and the left in general. We're always told to deal with it, because its free expression. Why does the opinion suddenly change when Muslims are on the end of the provocation?

A good example is Comedy Central who wont make fun of Muslims, but has a field day trashing Christians.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Hudson]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

and the popes and the monarchy in Europe were what democracy?
totalitarian Muslims?
Ummm

Good thing the Muslims never discovered the New World and divided it up amoungst them selves, hey the colonial countries were all Christian
Lets see
that time period would include the Crusades would it not...?
where the first thing the Christian crusaders would do is start slaughtering and sacking anything that looked like Muslims as they went towards the holy lands, even thought the victims were Christian...
How many Muslims were slaughtered in and prior to the crusades in the time period you mentioned?

They were the opposition to the Crusaders. The Crusaders wanted to regain the Holy Lands for Christianity. The Muslims were on the losing side at first and the Crusader armies established themselves in many key cities. Eventually they were displaced and the Muslims took back what was after all their land.

wiki.answers.com...

Please, war is one thing.
Persecution is another
You just reported one side of an ancient war while NOT justifying the comment on the present Persecution of Christians.

"Christian" America has more people in prison than any other country in the world..guess what...
Most of those prisoners are Christian.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
no wonder the Muslims fought back against the franks
they were persecuting the christians because the christians attacted them in the first place maybe?

And please "270 million Christians dead...?"
please support your maths unto others as others support their maths unto you.

Godfrey's conquest of Jerusalem was barbaric. The crusaders forced their way into Jerusalem on the 15th of July 1099. For the next two days there was ensued a continuous massacre by them of the inhabitants of Jerusalem, both Muslims and Jews. The carnage is preserved for posterity by many eye-witness account. Given below is one taken from Gesta Francorum (The Deeds of the Franks):
The defenders fled along the walls and through the city, and our men pursued them killing and cutting them down as far as Solomon's Temple, where there was such a massacre that our men were wading ankle deep in blood ... Then the crusaders rushed around the whole city, seizing gold and silver, horses and mules, and looting the housing that were full of costly things.

answers.yahoo.com...

good thing they didn't have any oil, or opium,
or lithium is a big one these days in Afghanistan I hear...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
As I have posted before there is a zionist publisher behind this reverend book burner. No Wonder, the zionists want rid of the Christains, let alone the muslims.
Best to get them to wipe each other out then.

Jeruselem was never Christioan originally and was shared by Jews and Muslims at first

A total of about 40,000 Muslims were killed in that two-day massacre of Jerusalem. [10] The Jews were murdered along with the Muslims, many were huddled into the synagogues and burned alive. [11] Thus was Jerusalem saved by the Christians from infidel hands.

The crusading armies were led by the German Emperor, Conrad III and the French King Louis VII. The German emperor was envious of the eastern half of Christendom, the Byzantines. His army pillaged and plundered with gay abandon once they reach Byzantine territory. On one occasion, when two of his crusaders were killed, a whole monastery of Greek monks were murdered in revenge. The German army, exhausted by the journey and their plundering and looting, was annihilated by the Turks when they reached Dorylaeum in Asia Minor.

answers.yahoo.com...

No wonder the Mulims attacked back at the Christians.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

hey remember the fake beheading video and the videos of OBL that had the israeli upload site logo in the same layer as OBL...

nothing compares to Iraq and Afghanistan
If there is something we don't know about please....post links so we may all be enlightened too

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

Who says' I don't? Your logic amuses me.

Hudson, if you actually COMPREHENDED (or even READ) you'd save yourself a lot of trouble.

But actually? I believe you're a troll who twists people's words, so it won't matter a bit what I say.

Nice straw man, but the way. I would have put a cherry on top.

[edit on 8/2/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Sounds like this church in Florida is vying for first place on Al Qaeda's top ten targets list.

I don't know what it is going to take for these people to realize that extremism in Christianity is not one bit better, and in fact is exactly the same as, extremism in Islam. It's like the two are looking at each other, face to face, in a mirror but the reflection is one in the same.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

Let us have a new perspective - churches should not hate.

Let us agree that people have different beliefs.

Not a new perspective for me.

No one should hate.

It's simple, really, people are free to be or believe whatever they wish as long as it doesn't hurt or affect the life, property, or someone who believes otherwise.

"Individuals are sovereign over their own lives, and no one is forced to sacrifice his or her values for the benefit of others...so long as they do not forcibly interfere with the equal right of others to live in whatever manner they choose." www.lp.org...

They should be aware too that when wave their beliefs in other people's faces or try to "convert" or influence they open themselves up to all sorts of things, including the possibility that someone will hate, judge, resent them back.

Edited to correct quote.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
There is high octane toing and froing across this thread with typically emotive assertions about Islam and Christianity. I don't believe any books, holy or not, should be burnt and in no way can this be perceived as an individual's right to protest. The motivation behind burning the Koran isn't peaceful and is just as extreme as burning the American flag in Muslim countries. Both acts convey hatred to one another and play into fundamentalist ideologies.

You have to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Both religions have waged war against each other for millenia and when at the turn of the 21st Century, our respective leaders decided to wage a holy war in the guise of fighting terrorism, many Muslims saw this as an attack on their faith. In fact, as has been said here before, Islam was hijacked by a few to perpetrate abhorrent acts of violence. Bush and Blair were always ready to bring religion into the pot and both had insinuated Christianity was under direct attack.

Condemn extremism in both Christianity and Islam and leave book burning back in the Middle Ages.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

The church's plans have grabbed the attention of the Islamist movement. Members of the al-Falluja online forum have reportedly promised to "spill rivers of your (American) blood" if the event goes forward.

I haven't read all the post, but, wouldn't it have been wonderful if a group of Muslims went to the church peaceful with open hearts and they prayed together?

Reaching out to one another with open hearts and minds?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Best to get them to wipe each other out then.

Yea, that sounds like a great idea.

I spent the night thinking about this topic, I couldn't get it out of my mind,

I have babysat for several Muslim families and we have prayed together, guess where?

Church

I really don't want to read through all the post, because they are so upsetting, honestly!

[edit on 113131p://bMonday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Of course it would be. I've seen it happen. However, do you think they'd be welcome at this particular church?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Of course it would be. I've seen it happen. However, do you think they'd be welcome at this particular church?

Yes I do, I would bet on it that , if a group reached out to the pastor, he would soften.

They should do it anyway, they shouldn't worry about the outcome.

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

They solidified his impression of Islam by the threats.

[edit on 113131p://bMonday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Yes, reaching out and taking a softer approach is one thing, but if your church leader is publicly promoting an extreme and fundamentalist form of protest, then he must take accountability for his actions, but more importantly be questioned in regard to inciting religious hatred.

The Pope is visiting the UK soon and there has been much religious fervour from extreme factions of Islam, but so too by Christians wanting to condemn him and the Catholic church for the sexual abuse of children. The bigger picture is that no one religion is right, but continually want to out do each other for ideological supremacy.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Did you watch his interview? I don't get the feeling that they would be welcome in that church at all. The people of that church clearly support this action. Doesn't seem to me that they're about reaching out to anyone.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join