It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida church's 'Burn a Koran Day' brings Islamist threats

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

So many levels of stupidity here. For one thing, Muslim's burning Holy Bibles is nothing new:

But the real stupidity is when either side goes and BUYS the others religious texts, to burn them. They're actually helping the cause of the others by funding them! Are the church people in this story funding 'terrorists'???

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Technically, Iggy, I guess so...if that's their logic. Geez.

Kind of like we're funding the terrorists who are attacking our own troops in Afghanistan via the money we give Pakistan? It's so nice and neat when it works out that way.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I also don't understand what the problem is, Islam didn't attack the USA, humans did, religious fundementals at that.

Religious fundamentalists in the employ of the Bush/Chaney cartel by any chance ?

Are the people of the US that blind or dumb that they can't see when they're being wound up ?

Considering US troops are killing Muslims on a daily basis is this not enough revenge for the "alleged" Islamic attacks on there USA ?

So the muslims are alleged to want to build a mosque by ground zero, the (christian)US is alleged to want to build a pipeline through Afghanistan. Seems like a pretty fair deal to me.

Hey, why not see if both plans come to fruition and then see who gets the highest civilian body count on completion of their building projects ?

Human beings have evolved enough to put a little robot car on mars to take soil samples, but fail to notice that the invisible man in the sky, that is supposedly getting his feelings hurt at a book burning was not there.

When will the religious grow up ?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I'm POSITIVE that Christ would not approve. What does that say for those "Christians"?

Considering that when many christians are questioned on the bibles they often fall back on the " Ah but we are no under the law, the old testament was for the jews".One would have thought that they would only be 50% a pissed as muslims as they have a bigger book getting burned.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Put it into perspective then. To many those books are like a part of themselves.

So the christians are practicing voodoo then ? Hm , obviously their off to burn in hell with the muslims then.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
you know what?

Extermism breeds extremism

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
What's amazing to me in reading through this thread and others like it, is how so many people focus on religion and the religious aspects, when it's really not about religion at all. But that just goes to show how effective a strategy this is.

A few well-place words, a few appeals to emotions, a few threats to what people hold dear, and this is the result. People go exactly where other people want them to go. Mind games and manipulation.

It's more about how religion is a tool being used on the geopolitical stage to manipulate people into thinking and feeling a certain way based on very little logic or common sense. They are using religion and its followers to do a few things here...to create fear and hate, to divide, and to take the focus off the real issues at play, to name a few things.

People need an "enemy" to focus on or their wars, ad this one just happened to be convenient. Ever wonder what would have happened if after 9/11 no one focused on the fact that the hijackers were Muslim? But say, perhaps instead drew conclusions from the fact that they were Saudis?

[edit on 8/1/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

Not really at all. That's kind of wrong everywhere. And yea, lets take that logic. If a voodoo wants to do what they want. they can. It's just as retarded to burn his stuff. Talking to people is better than aggression to change them.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
oops

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
oops

"Oops?" I'll debate "oops". It's a liberal tree hugging conservative action to kill them aliens from Neutered Centari. And you know that you alien.

Edit:............................................................................. edit.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by intrepid]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Hahaha...I accidentally quoted instead of edited my own post.

Hey! Don't be dissing my home planet either!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Well if some muslims go kill some Christians, I'd certainly put them in jail, and any Muslim religious leader that encouraged them to do so.

And yes, I'd think it would reflect very badly on Muslims, just as burning Korans reflects very badly on Christians.

BUT, it is a much greater sin to kill a person than to burn a book - any book.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
In the 1960's when the country was in turmoil, people were burning the US flag in the streets, there were arrests and it was upheld by the US Supreme court that it was protected as freedom of speech. When the Dixie chicks spoke out against President Bush and the United States of America, a church chose to burn/break Dixie Chicks cd's and media, to speak out against them. This is nothing different, except that one extremist group is speaking out crying foul. And why is that? Why is it that people can make fun of every other religious group out there, except Muslims and Islam. If anything I would think we would back this church, to protect their right to the freedom of speech, standing up to the principles of freedom that is a part of the country. Or do we bow out of fear that someone may get upset, as they make death threats against one group or another. That is not equal justice, nor is it something that we can not ignore. The freedom of Speech, the freedom to state, to say, to print, to make a point through action is one of the founding principles of this country and we should accept and back this church in Florida, sending a resounding message to the Islamic community that they can not bully, threaten or make us afraid of them, cause they state that they are going to make the streets run red with blood. I do not believe that they understand the consequences of their actions, nor give them the power to do such. When we react in fear, power is given to those who make the threat. Want to end the violence, don't give power, don't let them threaten us.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
personally i wouldn't do this. but this is america, and you are free to burn whatever you like. i'm sure this is gonna stir up a lot of drama.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
In the UK, this could be considered incitement to religious hatred and deemed as a potentially criminal act. I am not sure you could classify burning holy books as your right to protest. On a human note, I do worry about the very idea of books being burnt. Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 comes to mind and the Nazis liked a good book burning fest.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I think it is the ultimate protest, and should be protected.

I don't like hate laws, and I don't like laws against criticizing other religions.

Freedom HAS to include freedom to hate - not to harm, but otherwise, hey, welcome the thought police.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

But the hate is only perpetuated by these kinds of acts and freedom can never be attained with hate at its side.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

if these "bible thumpers" were serious about desicrating the islamic holy book, why not just print it on toilet paper instead of burning it?

old ideas havn't really brought us new results, now have they?

pretty soon, if the MSM is to be believed, we all will have to adjust this planet's course, not just the "leaders".

is there something here we are "missing"? sometimes i wonder about us.

ats is fun,
et

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

So you admit it's not all the leaders but just a few nuts. And this idea of "a few nuts" can't even be quantified down to a level for discussion. Yet you still feel it's okay to blame an entire religion and all it's followers?

So, conversely, it would also follow that because this radical extremist Christian church are nuts, it's okay to blame all of Christianity and its followers. Because after all, Christianity needs to reign them in?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RainCloud

But if the work is actually inspired by the devil, then burning the book is a good idea. Do we have any evidence who inspired this work, the Koran? I think we do.

Unfortunately those brainwashed in government controlled education camps follow the religion atheism or as the soviet communists called it, scientific materialism. The other religion the government permits is a form of pantheism.

As we can see from the knee jerk reactions of hatred towards christianity here, the official government religions allow no tolerance for the Judeo-christian tradition. Thus even the slightest entertainment of the thought that there might be a supreme God or a supreme god of darkness, like the devil is the utmost heresy.

While the tactics of the Koran burners are flawed and actually contrary to the teachings of Jesus, their conclusions are correct. The Koran is satanic and should be opposed in any way possible. The fatal flaw in the thinking of the government trained puppets that post here, is that religion is inconsequential, that it can't motivate and that it's practice is morally relative. No one religion is better than another.

That thinking has created a situation in europe, where it WILL be ruled by muslim fanatics within 50 years or so. You are that defenseless precisely because you can not perceive or understand the threat. I predict America will be bombing europe one day, much as we bomb Pakistan today.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join