It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opera and Adobe Flash Player

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Hi.

Im not sure if anyone can help me with this but i am unable to get the flash player to download and work with the Opera browser.

It would probably be fair to say that i am a 'computertard' so i expect i am making some kind of elementary mistake.

I recently did a complete system restore back to my computers original factory settings and, when this had been completed, i switched back to Opera from Internet explorer (i was on Opera before). Upon logging back on ATS, i found that i could not play any youtube clips e.t.c and i was directed to the Adobe site from where i was supposed to be able to download the flash player.

However, every time i tried to download it i found that it would get to 2.4% complete and then stop - without really giving me much of an explanation as to why this happened. I had a look around Adobe's website but it wasnt much help.

I am now having to negotiate around ATS with Internet explorer (which allows me to watch the videos and stuff) and it is awful. I dont think i can live with it which is why, in desperation, i have posted this.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
use Google Chrome or Comodo Dragon.

they're both safe & fast. but if you feel that you really have to have Flash running on Opera, try downloading it from here. good luck!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

Thank you for the response.

I'll have a muck about and try out your suggestions.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
better try firefox,you dont want chrome caching your every word in theyr creepy NWO servers right? couse they do it,there are evidence,even people made a hack to stop the browser from datamining them

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
better try firefox,you dont want chrome caching your every word in theyr creepy NWO servers right? couse they do it,there are evidence,even people made a hack to stop the browser from datamining them

Oh God.

I switched over to Chrome and have been pretty pleased with it the last couple of days.

But there's always a fly in the ointment - nothing is ever as good as it seems.

I havent been on the internet for long but ive noticed that there is always a catch to something, somebody is always trying to spy and at every step there are Jackals trying to take advantage of you. It's depressing.

Thanks for letting me know Stillalive.

join