It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assad warns of growing threat of Middle East war

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Assad warns of growing threat of Middle East war

www.haaretz.com

Syrian President Bashar Assad said the chances of a regional war were "increasing," in comments published by several official media outlets Sunday.
"The real peace spectrum in the region is moving away and the prospects of war and confrontation are increasing," Assad said on the 65th anniversary of the establishment of the country's military.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Iran: We will torch Tel Aviv

Syria was not the only country to warn of conflict over the weekend, with Iran's delgate to the United Nations warning that his country would burn Tel Aviv if attacked by Israel.

"If the Zionist regime commits the slightest aggression against the Iranian soil, we will set the entire war front and Tel Aviv on fire," Mohammad Khazai told the Farhang-e Ashti daily, according to a report by the AFP news agency.

Many worldwide leaders have now come to a conclusion
that a confrontation is now innevitable:
The former Cuban leader warned in a column published Monday of a possible nuclear war involving the United States and Iran, sparked by conflict over that country's nuclear activities.

Iran sets major exercise; Ahmadinejad sees war by November

Israel convinces US with Credible military plan on Iran

World leaders “believe absolutely” that Israel may decide to take military action against Iran to prevent the latter from acquiring nuclear weapons, Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi said Saturday.

Obama like the oil spill catastrophe ... his role is to downplay everything .. denied it ..hide the true things going on... WHY ?
To avoid mass panic ?? ... or to avoid any home critics that could evolve and stop this insane war with Iran scenario
(the big NWO plan)

thats why he didnt say anything except ... all option are on the table .... BULL*beep*
he know somethings and possibly the date on the first Iran strikes ... where it all goes down (WW3)

and we would have learned it first from foreign leaders

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8/1/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
This thread is to show all peoples that say we are fearmongering things up to much .... ARE WRONG

9/11 false flag operation changed everything "WAR ON TERROR"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/912d8f236cf4.jpg[/atsimg]

the drumbeats before the Irak war ...
were nothing compared to the current heated/hatred drumbeats that will lead us to the futur Iran war...

The plan is there .. the options are on the table ... all pions are now in place around Iran (guess who's between Afghanistan and Irak ... IRAN)
that was the first two strategic geographical move...
they will be costly wars but they have Oil(irak) and Opium(afghanistan) that will compensate...
many more countries around Iran have USA military occupation bases

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c96ce8ed656.png[/atsimg]

The most powerfull US warships are now massed near Iran
the US congress which is 3/4 controlled by zionist have almost given the 100% green light to Obama
he will have no choice now to say YES WE CAN

God bless us all

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Interview: Syrian President Assad on Middle East crisis (Video)

Assad said in this interview that in the absence of peace, there is the threat of war.

Tensions are very high.

Fears that war between Israel and Hizbollah is 'imminent'
King Abdullah of Jordan has warned the US that there were fears in Lebanon that a war between Israel and Hizbollah was “imminent” amid high tensions in the region.

From the link:

The king, in Washington for President Barack Obama's nuclear summit, gave his warning after Israel claimed that Syria had handed over Scud missiles in its armoury to the Lebanon-based Hizbollah.

His comments, which were made to private meeting of the US Congressional Friends of Jordan caucus were said to be "sobering".

Link

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I don't want to come across as wanting war at all but it seems we have seen and heard this all before.

At the moment NOTHING is happening. 2010 has seen some of the strongest war of words but on the whole its been pretty quiet over there between Israel, Syria, Lebanon, Gaza, Iran etc. Its just talk. More talk. Some supposed dates pass and then MORE threats.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Regensturm

this is from yesterday night

Hamas leader killed in Israeli airstrikes on Gaza

Israel Defense Forces said the attack on a weapons-manufacturing site in central Gaza was part of a series of strikes that began late Friday, in retaliation for a rocket assault on Ashkelon earlier in the day.

A second rocket was fired from Gaza on Saturday night, slamming into the Israeli town of Sderot. There were significant damages, including damages to a university building, but no casualties were reported, according to the IDF.

I have enought of Israel arrogant murderer attitude
they want this futur big war to accomplish the prophecy of the second coming of Jesus Christ
they think that "WHEN" Jesus will return he will be in favor of Israel Actions ...ARE THEY NUTS???... if he is in favor then its the Devil wearing a halloween Jesus mask making "lols" that he tricked so many peoples in that hatred insane religion war ....

I simply CANT understand Israel warmongering behavior
they fear death like its the end of everything ... thats not normal
people who beleive in Jesus shouldnt fear death at all
people who beleive in the soul shouldnt fear death at all

what would be the reasons to be so scared of death that it will go in offense and massacre entire villages and other countries for its defense

"Quote from Yoda: FEAR CAN LEAD TO THE DARKSIDE" ...very true

with this behavior
combine every antisemitic complains they labelled to anyone
are nothing compare to the amount of antisemitic attitude they have in themself ...
that behavior is harming jews worldwide
some of them are very good people like us
who denounce Israel behavior ....
that regime with their hatred policies needs to change
we cant generalise the jewish community all together
but they will suffer the retaliation from others when Israel bombs will fall first ... so in conclusion
the Israel gov is antisemitic themself 100% Proven

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
I don't want to come across as wanting war at all but it seems we have seen and heard this all before.

At the moment NOTHING is happening. 2010 has seen some of the strongest war of words but on the whole its been pretty quiet over there between Israel, Syria, Lebanon, Gaza, Iran etc. Its just talk. More talk. Some supposed dates pass and then MORE threats.

Very true. At the moment it is a war of words and warnings, but the physical side is (seemingly) sitting still. No major military moves that would signal an imminent conflict.

But then again, how do these stupid wars start anyway? I can't even remember how the last war in 2006 started.. Was it totally out of the blue, was there a war of words like there is now?

It probably won;t take much to make the spark of war happen, but who is going to do it and why?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

No NEW news is OLD news ...
they will never be OLD news before the strike happen
we need to carefully analyse all signs

My thread might be the last one ever posted on ATS before the big showdown strike...
this is what the ME tensions are like today
might happen at any hours any day or any week from now
but they wont wait another year for the start
its hard to pinpoint a date ... any little accidents/developments can today lead up to the big war...

90% chances it will happen before November
im not fearmongering anything .. you have all the fact in the thread

I advice you to start doing provisions ... like water bottles..canned food... we cant never be to late to prepare
i have only 30 little bottles of water... i should buy more i think

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
...And the threat of war grows and grows and grows.

It does look inevitable. I only hope we can prolong it for as long as we possibly can. Maybe forever?

Anna Nicole Smith on world politics:

"Why can't we all just get along?"

Ditto.

eta: ladyinwaiting on the ME:

Take a circle, caress it, and it becomes vicious.

[edit on 8/1/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I agree with you.

Add to that the troop movements in South America, with Venezuela massing troops on Columbia's border, the sinking of the S. Korean ship and the resulting tensions in the Seas around China, the strange 'Explosion' near a Japanese tanker in the Gulf, Civil war in Mexico, Federal/State tensions in the US), the Economy, Religious tensions...

The pressure is definitely, building.

Will it release, or be defused? Ever since September 11, 2001, I feel like I have been waiting for the 'other shoe to drop'.

I think I hear Shoelaces dropping. And the Shoe is on its way down.

I don't think it is too late to be averted, but nevertheless, believe it will not be so. This could actually turn into a world wide War.

Glad my Boys are all 10 and under, sorry for the parents that are not so fortunate.

Buy War Bonds!!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Syria's probably pretty damn worried. Although not as much attention is focused on it as on Iran, it is every bit as much in the crosshairs as Iran is. They know that if Iran falls, they will be next.

reply to post by Ben81

Great map, Ben! Did you make that? There was another thread around here that was keeping track of troop locations and

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I understand what you are saying, but the general feeling in The Middle East is that things are different this time, the threat of war is more real than ever, and in The Middle East, as we know, that's saying something.

There are tensions everywhere you look, and I've heard it said the atmosphere in The Middle East at this time is akin to 1930's Europe, where there was tensions, an inevitability of the sinister threat of war loomed large, did not happen, people relaxed, then BANG it did happen.

That is why it's very important for people to post about the political wheelings and dealings and what people say in The Middle East.

The threat of war can be tiresome, but it's still a threat of war, it's tangible, and it's frightening to read between the lines.

If we say "Well, people are always warning of war and nothing happens" then we begin to fool ourselves into thinking war will not happen, when there's every possibility it will.

Hope for the best. Expect the worst.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Syria's probably pretty damn worried. Although not as much attention is focused on it as on Iran, it is every bit as much in the crosshairs as Iran is. They know that if Iran falls, they will be next.

reply to post by Ben81

Great map, Ben! Did you make that? There was another thread around here that was keeping track of troop locations and

So true !
Iran is the big Empire in that Region
but they cant be compared to the USA, China, Russia empires
If Iran falls... Syria will be next and Lebanon, Gaza, Turkey, NK etc
their regime will falls like dominos...if they succeed to make an Irak#2
you control Iran... you control the ME
Its the big country right in the middle...
you can see that on the map it is surrounded by red :S

PS: I wanted to make a map, but i might be wrong on it to show how much troops control the country
in Iran today they have CIA cells and a little fraction of the country is controlled by them...
its like in Irak and Afghanistan... they do "control" the gov yes but only some fractions of the country itself are controlled today by US marines
it would simply be to hard to pinpoint where the troop really control the terrain
so No!! i didnt make that map lol

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I'm friends with a few boy's that recently came back from helmand both of them have separately told me that their not going back to afghanistan but theirs a new conflict on the horizon. they have no idea were their of to next , i keep banging on about Iran trying to get something out of them but they genuinely don't seem to know whats gonna happen next. on a related note my mum was on the train alongside some troops who she had ended up in conversation with she was telling them how her son was in the proses of joining the army (that's me) they said it'll be good for him etc and mys mum said something about being worried about me getting shipped of to afghanistan if i did get in to which an drill Sargent piped up don't worry about that their about to stop sending troops to afghanistan but don't worry their will always be a war to fight. me and my mother talk allot about world affairs and share our opinions on such things. she said she got the feeling from those soldiers that we were about to have a new conflict. my friend in the navy has just left for six months and of course with the nuclear capabilities of subs doesn't know were he's going i was joking with him in the weeks before he left that he was heading to the Persian gulf it will be interesting to find out were he's been in 6 months time. that is if we haven't found out for our self's by then.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Regensturm

You raise some very valid points.

I would say the biggest difference now as opposed to even a year or two ago is this -

Once something kicks off, be it Israel and Gaza again or Hezbollah and Israel this time the WHOLE region will be at a state where tensions are just too high to stop escalations.

A very real scenario is this (and i will refrain from taking sides) -

1) Something kicks off skirmishes between Israeli forces and Hamas on a big scale, atleast bigger than anything in the last 18 months.
2)Hezbollah retaliates as they have stated the next time war happens in Gaza they will not hold back.
3)Syria is found or suspected to be aiding Hezbollah and Israeli forces clash with Syrian forces in the Golan heights. War is declared vice-versa.
4)The situation degrades pretty badly over the course of weeks (we are talking large-casualties on both sides) until the US sends over aid and perhaps troops, under the guise of the UN, to back-up Israel.

Thereon its a guessing game. Things could cool or a strike on Iran's nuke sites could be seen as warranted, especially since the violence could be used to gain support for a strike.

[edit on 8/1/2010 by jonny2410]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I got a LOL out of the title of this post.
Then I read the post, ok I skimmed and then I LOLed again.
I refer to the middle east as the catbox, the land is just one big conflict ground and people have been dying over a simple sandbox because why?
mmmmhm a temple mount, history is history and most of it is miswritten on purpose, who cares about the place?
I wish they would nuke the place and then no more will have to die for it as it will glow for years to come.
The middle east has been at war for centuries, it is not about to break out.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

You raise some very valid points.

I would say the biggest difference now as opposed to even a year or two ago is this -

Once something kicks off, be it Israel and Gaza again or Hezbollah and Israel this time the WHOLE region will be at a state where tensions are just too high to stop escalations.

Agreed.

I very real scenario is this (and i will refrain from taking sides) -

1) Something kicks off skirmishes between Israeli forces and Hamas on a big scale, atleast bigger than anything in the last 18 months.

A possibility with the current bout of violence.

2)Hezbollah retaliates as they have stated the next time war happens in Gaza they will not hold back.

It's possible, or Israel attacks Hezbollah, accusing them of supporting Hamas.

3)Syria is found or suspected to be aiding Hezbollah and Israeli forces clash with Syrian forces in the Golan heights. War is declared vice-versa.

A Golan Heights clash is possible, and could spark of a wider war, but another scenario of a Israel-Syria War is if Israel attacks Lebanon. There is a point in Lebanon where if Israel attacks and advances to it, Syria would intervene like they did when Israel invaded Lebanon in 1982 and nearly did again in 2006, when Syria warned "it would not stand by" if war continued.

Generally, it's the area of the Beirut-Damascus highway, which Syria sees as being strategically important in defending the approach to Damascus. A clash there could spark a war on the Golan Heights, and from which Iranian involvement either happens or is alleged by Israel, and from there we see a war with Lebanon-Syria-Iran.

4)The situation degrades pretty badly over the course of weeks (we are talking large-casualties on both sides) until the US sends over aid and perhaps troops, under the guise of the UN, to back-up Israel.

Very likely.

Thereon its a guessing game. Things could cool or a strike on Iran's nuke sites could be seen as warranted, especially since the violence could be used to gain support for a strike.

You've hit the nail on the head. Israel could attack Lebanon, provoke Syria, and then as a pretext accuse Iran of supporting both and wage war on them.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Adding to this thread... :
(The proof they control some parts of our brain that we will be like zombies agreeing on whatever they pitch us via the controlled media)

The controlled Media/Movies giants producers
everyone knows that 3/4 of those giants are Pro-zionist
like the USA congress

Quoted by Oliver Stone:
Jewish control of the media is preventing an open discussion of the Holocaust, prominent Hollywood director Oliver Stone told the Sunday Times, adding that the U.S. Jewish lobby was controlling Washington's foreign policy for years.
"There's a major lobby in the United States," Stone said, adding that "they are hard workers. They stay on top of every comment, the most powerful lobby in Washington."
Referring to the alleged influence of the powerful Jewish lobby on U.S. foreign policy, Stone said that Israel had distorted "United States foreign policy for years," adding he felt U.S. policy toward Iran was "horrible."
"Iran isn't necessarily the good guy," Stone said, insisting that Americans did not "know the full story."

he his a little producer and he will stay that way because he speaks to much loudly.. but i respect the guy .. he have balls lol

BUT some more wisely major producers made movies with hidden messages to help identifying the real dictators of today...
this is a little movie list to watch and compare the "bad guys" & "good guys" with ours

1. V (with Nathalie Portman and the Masked moustache avenger)
2. StarWars saga abovetopsecret
3. Lord of the rings saga
4. Starcraft 2 (lol some hidden references are even there to :up

some might think the links i made with some movies and games are silly ? yes a little bit but not to much

It can actually help to compare things up more deeply and help realise the truth from a lie and the lie from the truth...
in resume: THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GOOD AND BAD

So we can MASS tell the white house NO MORE WARS
let the kids(marines) come home from the Middle-East

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Now these news
(they like those news on Debka)
Pure propaganda but its coming from real high official peoples...
Story from Debka

The statement by parliament speaker Ali Larijani July 31 that Iran can obtain nuclear and missile technology is theclosest any Iranian official has come so far to admitting his country is within reach of acquiring a nuclear weapon, debkafile's military sources report.
Further turning up the heat on Washington, the foreign ministry in Tehran announced Sunday, Aug. 1, that the three American hikers detained a year ago would stand trial for illegally crossing the Iranian border - and possibly on security charges. Shane Bauer, Sarah Shourd and Josh Fattal, who accidentally strayed into Iran while hiking in northern Iraq, have therefore become hostagesin a sharpening face-off between Tehran and Washington.

and from Obama :
CNN story link

Washington (CNN) -- President Barack Obama is calling for the immediate release of three American hikers seized by Iranian forces along the Iraqi border who will have been in custody for exactly a year on Saturday.
"Their unjust detention has nothing to do with the issues that continue to divide the United States and the international community from the Iranian government," Obama said in a statement Friday. "This is a humanitarian imperative, as these three young people are innocent of any crime."

is it me or the no return point.... boiling point is about to explode
tension are extremely high... i have never smelled so much heat...
the heat before Irak was nothing compare to THIS heat

the only solution we the people have is ..... :
General Strike by everyone in USA in a non-violent protest to Obama that we dont want things to escalate to a new war
it doesnt worth the risks and lives... PERIOD

if YOU DO NOT COMPLY we will non-violently remove the usa regime by putting REAL americans in the US Congress that will put their country interests FIRST, SECOND AND THIRD in the top priority list

NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW
a mass citizens arrest is the solution...
People need to RISE UP and MASS WALK to the white house pacifically
like in the final segments of the movie V
No police/army mens would fire on us if we dont pose any threat

Imagine 100000 peoples standing quiet "wearing mask or not" in front of the White House gates
Obama will have no choices to react and answer to the same peoples who elected is beautifull smile.

Who's ready to mass marche to the White House quietly without saying any words until Obama shows himself to the gate ?....
any dates anyone ???? ...

"REMEMBER THE FIFTH OF NOVEMBER" comes to my mind

that marche could save countless of lifes.... its free..you dont have to talk....doesnt take much effort.... you can take food and water with you (ONLY)... and admire the beautifull big White House that americans are so "proud" ....

Anyone think im silly ... ? this war can happen in november like the president of Iran told the media recently...
the fifth of november might be the last chance to make a peace history acheivement before the massacre take place
it might actually work

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
fine. great. whatever. i wish they would just get it over with already. it is their plan and none of us has a say in the matter.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by normal_human_being]

<<   2 >>

join