It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks founder says he did right thing. Named man is already dead.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Baldur

I saw a Newsnight interview with him and wondered what on earth was going on. His eyes were rolling, speech slurred and the interviewer's face was saying: Is this guy for real?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Baldur

You got that right. (About Lamo and drugs) in the Video on the previous page he is so out of it he can barely talk, and his eyelids are hanging low.

You gotta wonder how much longer Mr. Lamo is going to be around. One, he is an incredibly bad spokesperson for the PTB that he is sucking up to. I cant imagine they are too thrilled that their "saviour" is a drug addled mess who insists on jumping at every interview he can get his paws on. It just kind of says something that the person who supports them isnt the wholesome looking and intelligent Manning, but the sleazy addict who can barely speak or hold a thought. Bad PR, that.

Two, at the rate at which he apparently consumes drugs, even if they dont decide to disassociate themselves from him by hastening his "suicide/overdose" he is probably an actual overdose just waiting to happen. If you cant lay off the drugs long enough to be coherent for your television appearance, you have a pretty serious problem.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
reply to post by Gorman91

no, they are talking about the witness names presented on the reports by the us soldiers that the wikileaks provided that MAY EXIST, I dont think it was confirmed

[edit on 1/8/10 by Faiol]
Second line is a very good point Faiol. At the time of internment here in NI, there were internees, most likely temporary, who were actually sons or daughters with the same names after their parents, their seniors may or may not have been "involved" Just one facade of faulty intelligence. You can easily transfer that to a foreign country, with a foreign language and the farce can only get worse.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
What if wikileaks is a lever to get more people on board for more war in the mid east.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by truthy-bird

wow, just amazing the amount of misinformation in the american public

if I was wikileaks, I would leak something worse than that, I mean ... its not like you are going to change their opinions that are based on misinformation

they need to put something out there that they cant reply ... that would be something

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Yes, you are right and your words are further supported by that Fox News interview posted within this thread. Incredulous remarks coming from the guests and the interviewer, but what else could you expect. The propaganda machine is really working over time.

I wouldn't be surprised if something gets cooked up regarding a death of an Afghan informer or a compromised military operation that can be blamed on the leak of these documents - however tenuous it may be. Some of the reporting reminds me of the rhetoric displayed in the run-up to war in Afghanistan and Iraq. Broad statements about al-Qaeda and Saddam made by the government and rammed down our throats by mainstream media.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
reply to post by truthy-bird

wow, just amazing the amount of misinformation in the american public

if I was wikileaks, I would leak something worse than that, I mean ... its not like you are going to change their opinions that are based on misinformation

they need to put something out there that they cant reply ... that would be something

Yes o-lot of misinformation ! he state what everybody already knows, July as the most highest rate of suicide and they blame bad leadership.

Of course !!! And dont give me that BS about the "soldier dont have enought free time". You would force me with some order to kill children or other innocent people ... I could not live with my self very long and thanks giving would just not be the same anymore.

According to Birgitta Jónsdóttir, there is more to come ! The "crême de la crême" ... I just dont have enough finger nails to wait for what is coming ! I guess this is not a fight against the US army, in my sense it's a fight against TPTB or NWO. Imagine there next move, the internet kill switch. If internet become like Fox news... outch³ !!!

Ho BTW, Julian Assange should have a whole forum for him self on ATS, just next to Jim Marrs and Scott Creighton.

EDIT : correction, bad english ! :$

[edit on 1-8-2010 by truthy-bird]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

And I read somewhere that Mr. Murdoch was invited to Bohemian Grove this week - along with Arnie.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Imagine being a fly on the wall during their conversations. Well, I guess future strategies will be worked out as they all frolic in the woods together.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
There is this kind of warped logic that goes on.

The war in Afghanistan is illegal, on top of which they kill civilians, carry out all sorts of actions which are in breach of all the laws of war. They lie, they deceive their own people, they illegally cream off billions of dollars into the same old Corporations,

BUT IF SOMEONE TELLS THE TRUTH THEY ARE ACCUSED OF CAUSING PROBLEMS!!!!!

Hundreds of thousands are being killed all over the world by this criminal, terrorist government, BUT

TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT THEM IS A RISK TO 'NATIONAL SECURITY' !!!???

This kind of thinking is totally upside down and ridiculous to the point of being insane.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by wcitizen]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

Yes, and who knows what little surprises they've concoted whilst 'baring all' and which they will hit us with when their little jolly is over!!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

You hit the nail on the head. Insane it is and right from the get-go. When you consider we went to war against al-Qaeda and not the Taliban, and al-Qaeda quickly setup camp in a number of other countries, you wonder how they could still sell us this war? If the truth was told from the beginning and not massaged by the military, then we may not have stomached the horrors of the Afghan war for as long as we already have.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove

I wouldn't be surprised if something gets cooked up regarding a death of an Afghan informer or a compromised military operation that can be blamed on the leak of these documents - however tenuous it may be.

I would not be surprised either if something like that doesnt happen.

Hopefully, Mr. Assange has already laid the groundwork for that scenario by making it very clear that he offered to let the US look at and redact any names of people whose lives might be put in danger.

That is the thing for people to remember in this, if any "deaths" do pop up. They will not be on Assanges hands, but the US officials who declined to help him assure that no innocents would be harmed by the leaks.

These economic powers are willing to sacrifice anyone for the sake of increasing their wealth and power, it strikes me as incredibly ironic that they can even with a straight face talk about the blood that will be on Assanges hands when they have made it so crystal clear that the blood of innocents is the lubricant they use to oil the gears of their empire building machine.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Anyone care to share his contacts within the gov, or is this a taboo topic although it has its virtual logo. Wiki, we did specifically outline and in plain English, " we don't play games" Enjoy your limited fame.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
That is the thing for people to remember in this, if any "deaths" do pop up. They will not be on Assanges hands, but the US officials who declined to help him assure that no innocents would be harmed by the leaks.

And that's the thing. This popped up a day or two ago and is conveniently being ignored or downplayed. It is a huge bombshell and serious questions need to asked of the Obama administration in regard to this.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

? Are you threatening Wikileaks on behalf of the US government?

I am pretty sure our leaders arent so foolish as to think killing or jailing Assange could do anything of value to their cause. Just shutting down the internet would likely do them more harm than good, to be honest. The very illusion of freedom they have been using against us will crash down on them if they do.

Martyrs work miracles for causes. Even those reluctant to wake up and smell the coup would be alerted if they try something that obvious. If they want to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they are indeed the traitorous wretches trying to overturn democracy in the west that we here already know them to be, they should get right on that.

Where Wikileaks would fall, a hundred more would sprout in its place. People everywhere are downloading that insurance policy Assange took out, and what do you want to bet the key will be distributed the very second anything bad happens to him?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Thanks for clarifying this for me, Faiol. Assange is going up on my metaphorical wall, of dudes with platinum balls.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I give you a star. I give you a flag. And a star and flag for Assange...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Can someone explain what this whole ordeal is about to me?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
Anyone care to share his contacts within the gov, or is this a taboo topic although it has its virtual logo. Wiki, we did specifically outline and in plain English, " we don't play games" Enjoy your limited fame.

Of course "you" play a game ! it's your rules, your actions .. Your mistakes! Sharing contacts !? Yeah right Manning is a good example why we should not share contacts. Sally rabbits ! Trix are for kids.

If Assange though us one good thing, it's never give your source, NEVER! Just the content. It's our duty as a citizen or journalist to double check-it before releasing or endorse-it. Build confidence about your subject. If your part of a controlled environment or organisation without ways to denounce or express bad behavior, then you can say life really sucks! If go along, then it's sad ! Ether way you will get blood on your hands.

Giving name to justify the truth or some argument is becoming a hell of gymnastic routine these days. Facts buddy, facts ! And facts are not to be used for country wide paranoia. It's like pretending that a scholar have more hands on knowledge then other "simple folks". This is ridicule !

Once in a will a genius without education pops-up and sometime is discredited by mainstream because is not fitting the mold. This reminds me, Ho ! Scholars are governing our huge corporation, our countries and "the wars" ... petty job there doing! ... petty job !

tristar, If your a scholars, only if ? Can you tell us why there is there a war in afgan ? If you answer is civil war. Big horn sound, you failed. You also failed american history! Civil war made America into a great country... without any foreign help ! America grew out of it, so they will. Have faith mister "in god we trust". Remember "nam" ? Look at it today. In a sense, university is like a prison, you meet people with same interest beside learning/reforming your self.

G's country fathering other countries is just ridicule, or there really not good fathers. Maybe mothers should take over! I guess for now, super hero Assange is redefining "your rules" and "your game" and on an international level. What a intelligent man he is, regardless of is true intention.

Is not famous yet, for now is just brave and courageous ! (dont mix up Hollywood and politics). You'r never really famous until you'r real actions are well establish. Is fame will come in 50 years from now when they talk about him, make movies about what he did... and how he died. That is if the internet and the becoming scholars did not turn into fox news type corp (BS-ting everybody).

The only real legacy of the twenty first century, is Julian Assange fighting Goliath. Not the world police resolving afgan differences. I should make a parody of "leave Britney alone" with Assange flavor ... lol J/K

Peace, plz I beg y'all !

EDITED : my english again :$

[edit on 2-8-2010 by truthy-bird]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join