It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O.K. America, Exactly HOW does one protect the Constitution against Domestic Enemies?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The reason that people don't rise up when their Constitutional Rights are affected by new laws, is that most people don't KNOW or care about what their Constitutional Rights are.

Most Americans don't know the Constitution, Bill of Rights, Declaration of independance, Habeus Corpus, or any of the other important documents relating to freedoms and rights. They also don't know which laws need Congressional and Senate approval and which laws the President can enact on his own, and they don't have the first clue on which rights are being impeded by those lawss when they are passed.

Most Americans have little or no interest in politics (this is also by design, the mainstream media constantly portrays piolitics as "boring" and portrays financial markets as "too complicated")

This is by design as these are deliberately not being taught in US schools for YEARS now.

Even when rights and freedoms are blatantly trampled on (the "Patriot" Act), Americans are too lethargic to care or do anything about it.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cupocoffee

You sir are an optimist.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I am just going to post some quotes.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. TJ

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable. JFK

A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader. SA

A lady asked Dr. Franklin Well Doctor what have we got a republic or a monarchy — "A republic," replied the Doctor, "if you can keep it." Anon

An honorable Peace is and always was my first wish! I can take no delight in the effusion of human Blood; but, if this War should continue, I wish to have the most active part in it. JPJ

As our president bears no resemblance to a king so we shall see the Senate has no similitude to nobles. First, not being hereditary, their collective knowledge, wisdom, and virtue are not precarious. For by these qualities alone are they to obtain their offices, and they will have none of the peculiar qualities and vices of those men who possess power merely because their father held it before them. TC

Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretence, raised in the United States. NW

Besides, to lay and collect internal taxes in this extensive country must require a great number of congressional ordinances, immediately operation upon the body of the people; these must continually interfere with the state laws and thereby produce disorder and general dissatisfaction till the one system of laws or the other, operating upon the same subjects, shall be abolished. FF

Don't fire unless fired upon. But if they want a war let it begin here. JP

Every child in America should be acquainted with his own country. He should read books that furnish him with ideas that will be useful to him in life and practice. As soon as he opens his lips, he should rehearse the history of his own country. NH

Give me liberty or give me death.

PH

Governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Dec of Ind

Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined. PH

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance.

Dec of Ind

How prone all human institutions have been to decay; how subject the best-formed and most wisely organized governments have been to lose their check and totally dissolve; how difficult it has been for mankind, in all ages and countries, to preserve their dearest rights and best privileges, impelled as it were by an irresistible fate of despotism. JM

I have not yet begun to fight!

JPJ

I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country. NH

If men of wisdom and knowledge, of moderation and temperance, of patience, fortitude and perseverance, of sobriety and true republican simplicity of manners, of zeal for the honour of the Supreme Being and the welfare of the commonwealth; if men possessed of these other excellent qualities are chosen to fill the seats of government, we may expect that our affairs will rest on a solid and permanent foundation. SA

If Virtue & Knowledge are diffused among the People, they will never be enslav'd. This will be their great Security. SA

Illustrious examples are displayed to our view, that we may imitate as well as admire. Before we can be distinguished by the same honors, we must be distinguished by the same virtues. What are those virtues? They are chiefly the same virtues, which we have already seen to be descriptive of the American character — the love of liberty, and the love of law.

JW

Be an information soldier, in an army of one, where no one can follow, only LEAD.

EIN

[edit on 8/1/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

watchtowermaya, this is the kind of thing that I am talking about. See, if you send your representatives and senators letters like endisnighe wrote above, you aren't going to get a positive response.

Who are you going to be most inclined to listen to? The guy who gives you reasons and calm opinions on a subject, or the guy who is ranting and raving about Thomas Jefferson and impotently threatening to kill you if you don't go his way?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink

You sir are an optimist.

Umm..... thank you?

Hey, the world deserves some good news after 9 years of misery.

There has to come a point when a critical mass of people in the military go, "wait a minute, all this corruption and evil and butchering innocent people, this isn't what I signed up for!"

Why not, now?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I'm curious, is there any specific reason you feel that something could happen "as early as tomorrow"? I really want to believe like you.

Feel free to U2U me if you don't want to discuss this in an open thread.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I only quoted philosophers of the past, except for my quote-

Be an information soldier, in an army of one, where no one can follow, only LEAD. endisnighe for tyrants

As JFK said,
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

What, don't like me quoting a DEMOCRAT?!

edit to add-yeah, getting those form letter replies back in the mail really helps, doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I just got finished saying that vitriol violent lased messages to your representatives probably isn't the best way to go.

What's that old saying, you catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

I just got finished saying that vitriol violent lased messages to your representatives probably isn't the best way to go.

What's that old saying, you catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar.

Well not according to some people out there.

I guess the communists in our midst do not follow your rhetoric. From one of Obama's CZARS!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Nice, probably should find the whole speech instead of a clip. We all know what happens when you take something out of context.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by muftanan
I'm curious, is there any specific reason you feel that something could happen "as early as tomorrow"? I really want to believe like you.

Well, it's kind of a long story and hard to explain since all the different sources that have been reporting on it each put their own slant on it - and some of them are likely disinfo etc.

But the gist is that there has been a secret war raging over a huge amount of gold and loot, $27 Trillion or so. The bad guys have been hoarding it to themselves to fund all their bad guy activities, the good guys want to use it to heal the world financial system and a whole lot of other wonderful stuff.

The deadline for the release of the funds is supposedly Monday August 2nd.

RAP (Restore America Plan) are already reporting that the "prosperity packages" are being delivered and people are receiving them.

For that to be true, that must mean that the "bad guys" were defeated. Several sources have been reporting that Obama, the Bushes, the Clintons and other criminals were dragged off to some sort of world military Tribunal on charges of High Treason, so it's possible that that's so.

Like I said, hope for the best, and pray that the bad guys don't do something insane in their desperation like launch a nuke etc......

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by cupocoffee
reply to post by Megiddodiddo

Something huge is rumored to be going down as early as tomorrow. Be patient, hope for the best and pray that TPTB don't do something insane and start WWIII......

I sure as heck hope so. It's going to be fuuuuunnnn...!

I keep my cell-phone on constantly and I'll be waiting to get a call from my boss with orders to jump in my uniform, don my badge and 9-mil. And shuffle out the door.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The battle to protect the constitution is lost! Has been lost for a very long time.
The war still remains as long as people have the right to arms. This in and of itself keeps the shackles off and PTB forever maneuvering in the legal realm to imprison an American without Habeas Corpus.

Then there is truly an Oligarchy in America. Dissenters go to jail. Poor behind in bills go to jail. Jail becomes an ever increasing population that produces goods cheaper than China.

They want to confuse us with race issues at the moment, white/mexican and white/black, I won't insult you with links. Even NBC carries this news.

Our most discontent with blow a valve and rampage against the nearest target, racial, instead of the perpetrators in DC.

If this happens then the war will be lost. If Americans wake up and take the politicians out of office. We have a chance.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Unless he disavows everything he was saying, I could not see how this could be considered taken out of context.

But since I posted his barrel of gun video, might as show my barrel of gun gif-

Gotta love it when the CZARS and Obama talk without using their teleprompters and paid speech writers.

Oooops, looks like he needs a foot in mouth extractor. I guess they are selling like hotcakes nowadays in Washington.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I'll bet you that $27 Trill that the bad guys are Chinese & Russian.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

How is what he said any different than what you wrote?

The quotes you copied and pasted here, what is the difference? Besides his being metaphoric threats, and yours being literally threats.

Seems to me that you are advocating "the live my way or I'll kill you" system. I don't know why you would call that freedom, that to me sounds like totalitarianism.

[edit on 8/1/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Oh and the ventriloquist shows up.

Not playing that game anymore.

All I did was post quotes, mine being one about spreading information and you come back to your ventriloquist ways.

Nope, I am not your puppet and you definitely fail as a marionette.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I watched the JBS speech from 1958.

I have read Senate Report 93-549, and realize that no one I know has ever lived under the Constitution.

I, like many kids nowadays, took an Oath of Office, which was 100% ceremony and tradition, and 0% force or effect.

Despite my reluctance towards federalism nowadays; despite my appreciate of the efforts of people to hold the banner of liberty and justice for all high; despite the total control of every aspect of my legal life... I still see many victories.

I recall the old days when I first woke up before the Inet. The leaflets I left on the bus, the informative bookmarks in books in the library, the meetings I led, the LPFM I turned on...

I remember how everyone would either roll their eyes at you, call you "crazy," or laugh when you left the room.

That doesn't happen like it used to. In a world where millions have seen home-made videos of college kids, where the bulging testicles of young men and women carry their "ambush journalism" to the very beastly names I've only read about, when Sheriffs stand against the globalists, the federalists, the culturally drowning hegemony.... I see victories.

Take a moment- there is a forum, popular beyond belief- ATS, where ppl are discussing freely their opinions, sharing information, and really - CHANGING THE PARADIGM.

No, there is no one standing to defend the Constitution. No mass of soldiers standing in violation of the UCMJ. No significant minority of Legislators calling for Grand Jury investigations into Treason charges. No overt mobilization of men at arms to stand in the breach... although, if you look....

There are millions choosing not to voluntarily access their own income taxes. There are even more engaged in "black market" deals on craigslist, or altogether creating barter systems. We've seen in Alaska the re-introduction of a real and true COMMON LAW COURT!

While the shine and polish fades from the spewing corruption of the federalist cabal, and the stupefied sheeple bay loudly into the deaf ears of incompetent government clerks, there also exists a non violent (thus far) alternative system birthing new opportunities beyond the reach of the international criminal syndicate (ICS).

The vet, the truth seeker, the beatnik, the true greenie, are all finding their way into a marketplace of application, of intention and honestly- the FUTURE in the rotting carcass of the infrastructure of the Constitution.

"... all experience hath shewn that mankind is more disposed to suffer while evils are sufferable, than to Right themselves by Abolishing the forms to which they're accustomed..."

I say the battle is already won. I say we can only continue with the deafening sound of our march. I say, let the suffering rise, and therein the light will truly and inevitably SHINE!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by cupocoffee
reply to post by Megiddodiddo

The white hat factions in the military/intelligence will purge the government of the bad guys long before the masses ever do. I believe this is happening right now. But they are smart enough to work quietly and behind the scenes, instead of planning their moves in an ATS thread in plain view of the bad guys and the entire world

Something huge is rumored to be going down as early as tomorrow. Be patient, hope for the best and pray that TPTB don't do something insane and start WWIII......

White hats in the government are pretty few I am thinking.

I think the back hats are aware who most of them are because
the black hats go to different kinds of parties.

I think all the white hats can do is be VERY careful whistle blowers
like Sibel Edmonds and then end up losing your jobs over it.

en.wikipedia.org...

The white hats are under observation, and I imagine most have
be told to "play ball" so to speak or get canned like Sibel.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
All I can say is Dr. Ron Paul the Champion of the Constitution was sure trying to give it a shot.

2nd line...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join