It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban Copy and Paste.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
We should ban color too, no not your ethnicity, colors that represent homosexual tendencies and other such frivolous hip-moving inspirations; and not to mention that absurd need to use Red, White, and Blue! It just sends the wrong message.

(now doesn't this sound just as ludicrous as banning media outlets and "copy and paste") Geez Louise!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
look don't get carried away here we have to seriously consider this because it could happen!

A lot of material from MSM is copyrighted material, up until recently this wasn't an issue but now it is.

If we wish to continue using sites like this in the future then there must be some kind of rule or change in the way we do things.

Defining MSM, I'm suggesting Newspaper groups... the ones who sell the information.

I'm only suggesting baning C/P because the rules of information are changing and it needs discussing.. It's not something I desire.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

You forgot something, we should ban avatars© (damn, i said Avatar©, like the movie© AAAAUGH call the police©)

[edit on 1-8-2010 by OTTOKARMA]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by seventytwo
I've noticed myself when feeling lazy that I copy and past quite often but since the issue of copyright infringements have reached a new level, ATS should immediately stop any copying of information from any source except those that ATS will allow.

ATS should block all MSM outlets that are not affiliated in someway to ATS,
within 12 months ATS could have set the standard.
we do not need links or quotes from the MSM.

Copying and Pasting can take away a part of your cognitive process and function to best say what you really feel, It's time for us to express OURSELVES and to add more to the mass of original content we are blessed with here on ATS.

All the Best....

Excuse me for stopping in but................................

I don't understand why 1): You care and 2) you're getting involved?

Don't we have enough people telling us what to do as it is, in this world?

Let the owners and...............the co-owners.......and the sponsors........and the co-sponsors and the Mods, figure it out.

Perhaps they can provide you with your own suggestion box but to start a thread about this is.....................well, again, I just don't get you wanna-be cyber legislators.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I usually only copy and paste words I have trouble spelling. So I punch them in the search engine, and it corrects it for me, and I copy and paste.
Is that wrong? Am I not reliable?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by OTTOKARMA
reply to post by Greensage

You forgot something, we should ban avatars© (damn, i said Avatar©, like the movie© AAAAUGH call the police©)

[edit on 1-8-2010 by OTTOKARMA]

LOL, my thoughts were inspired by the OP's avatar, the pink bag has to be gay, the green has got to be illegal or alien...or both! OMG!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by One Moment

You're easy to notice One moment, all you do is go around entering peoples threads with negative garbage, go to places that interest you and stop joining discussion just to tell us how stupid we are.

or are you speaking remotely??

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage

LOL, my thoughts were inspired by the OP's avatar, the pink bag has to be gay, the green has got to be illegal or alien...or both! OMG!

Pink = Gay
Green = Alien
Oh yes I get it

all the best...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seventytwo
reply to post by One Moment

You're easy to notice One moment, all you do is go around entering peoples threads with negative garbage, go to places that interest you and stop joining discussion just to tell us how stupid we are.

or are you speaking remotely??

Say what????? This is the only thread that I've sprinkled an ounce of negative levity. If anything, most of your replies are against your idea too.

So, those who don't pat you on your back and appalled your brilliant suggest becomes a foe? Hmmmm. Interesting.

I just don't understand why this is an issue to you unless you own some publication yourself.
Why can't I copy-paste an article and put it up for discussion?
It's not your place to find fault with that. If anything, it's the magazine's issue .......with me.

I just don't get a warm and fuzzy feeling when people want to take away yet one more freedom from me.

I think in 10 years, you'll regret you said this because by then, you'll probably be required to buy a federally own license to use your keyboard!

You may not like me (not sure why) but I have nothing against you personally (just your idea)
I'm really quite lovable. Ask any of my ex's!

Take care and be well.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I usually type my response in a word processor. I am a crappy speller. Always have been. I can sit down and calculate propagation and harmonic variables in my head, mathematical figures, no freaking problem, but I’ll be dang if I can keep the difference between “our” and “are” straightened out.

That is why that warning that you get when you copy something from the word processor and paste it in the post window is already starting to get annoying to me!!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by seventytwo

By the sound of it, I'd say the nwo is legally wrangling to make their tall tales immune to conspiracy theory, or fact, as is the case. Everything the media do is designed to assist the big players. It sounds as if they are trying to separate the resistance (free thinkers) from their lies, such that, eventually, you'll be blasted for using their own self-condemning lies on a message board. Is that what's going on? And you side with it?

Conversely, they are trying to meld your media monitor to your internet terminals...perhaps the most dangerous trend I have spotted, dressed in sheep's clothing.

The two could not be any more opposite than they are: with your telescreen, all that you can do is to defend against it, and if there are children in the room, you have to instruct them about the propaganda at all times. With the net, you can research whatever strikes your fancy, and even respond. That gates is bringing them together is so that one can take out the other.

You are lost, OP. They are hitting us hard with clubs and when we grab on to one of their weapons, you will assist them in crying 'it's not fair!' Nice try.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

I'm really talking about Copyrighted material, something to protect places like ATS from getting sued.

That's all I'm trying to say.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
If you look at the board you will see many forums that take their issues straight from the ......

wait for it.........

news.

Breaking political news. Breaking Alternative news. Regional Politics. Political issues......

These all come from Mainstream, alternative sources and even some blogs by those involved in the issues. Cut and paste makes sense for some of the things we do here on ATS.

Banning cut and paste won't stop people from coming up with frivolous threads. They will do it all day long, they just won't bother to add any more to them than they feel like typing.

The rest who use it judiciously will be penalized.

It's a nice idea at first glance, especially when you are frustrated by the constant bombardment of new threads that are just reposting mindless crap but it is usefull and sometimes necessary for some forums.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seventytwo
reply to post by Mr Tranny

I'm really talking about Copyrighted material, something to protect places like ATS from getting sued.

That's all I'm trying to say.

Isn't almost everything that's printed copyrighted?

Nice that you have the owners of ats in mind. I don't buy it.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Thread closed>>>

I've got a frigging headache...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Maybe we should just ban the people who complain ?

If you don't like something on a website then don't use it or read it, pretty simple.

Why punish others for 1 persons lazyness/ineptness ?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Seventytwo

I don't really understand why you're suggesting to implement something that isn't of your concern. We're allowed to quote sources and are supposed to credit the copyright holder in the ways prescribed by the owners. It's been discussed in a few threads and we were told to keep on quoting as usual and there's nothing needed to change. Why is that not good enough?

since the issue of copyright infringements have reached a new level, ATS should immediately stop any copying of information from any source except those that ATS will allow.

They're already doing exactly that and aren't allowing one site as source material. But then you go on about blocking MSM and not needing them. Which is it? Are you looking to be their legal council or do you not like discussing an article which we need in order to discuss it? We can and do express OURSELVES although we depend on sources that are properly quoted and linked, in accordance to the T&C, along with some pasted information to gain our interest. I don't truly understand what you're trying to achieve or why.

Me too!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Three_moons
reply to post by Seventytwo

I don't really understand why you're suggesting to implement something that isn't of your concern. We're allowed to quote sources and are supposed to credit the copyright holder in the ways prescribed by the owners. It's been discussed in a few threads and we were told to keep on quoting as usual and there's nothing needed to change. Why is that not good enough?

since the issue of copyright infringements have reached a new level, ATS should immediately stop any copying of information from any source except those that ATS will allow.

They're already doing exactly that and aren't allowing one site as source material. But then you go on about blocking MSM and not needing them. Which is it? Are you looking to be their legal council or do you not like discussing an article which we need in order to discuss it? We can and do express OURSELVES although we depend on sources that are properly quoted and linked, in accordance to the T&C, along with some pasted information to gain our interest. I don't truly understand what you're trying to achieve or why.

Me too!

Psssssssssssssssssst. Say? Do you get foe'd too? Cause I basically said what you said only OP foe'd me.
Not that it matters much but I've never been foe'd before. I was a virgin.
Hey OP? Was it good for you (pervert)

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Completely agree, more not less always. Control is fascism, and copy and paste is an extemely important function used alot. And this copyright issue is absolute fascism and crimes against humanity. FAIR USE! Its people that need to write in and tell their representatives that if they so much as make a move in that direction and don't undo what they've done, they 're gone never to return and will be facing criminal charges for all the harm they have caused families up until now over this. Its up to us to tell them, the employee group, what their employers demand.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Furthermore I just realized the OPs implications. Just all opinion oriented posts, not article based, not research based. Just a big fluffy think tank of ideas that no one would ever pay attention to, not a threat to the nazi controlled mainstream media in the least.

That would effectively gut and nullify all conspiracy sites and alternative news sites and forums, don't you think.

So does the OP work for Msn/Fox/Cnn by any chance, because this is something they dream of.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Unity_99]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join