It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands trapped by Pakistan floods; 900 dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Thousands trapped by Pakistan floods; 900 dead

hosted.ap.org

PESHAWAR, Pakistan (AP) -- Rescue workers struggled Sunday to save more than 27,000 people still trapped by massive flooding in Pakistan's northwest that has killed over 900 people and destroyed thousands of homes, officials said.

The effort has been aided by a slackening of the monsoon rains that have caused the worst flooding in decades in Khyber-Pakhtoonkhwa province. But as flood waters have started to recede, authorities have begun to understand the full scale of the disaster.

"Aerial monitoring is being conducted, and it has shown that whole villages have washed away
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
english.aljazeera.net
www.cbsnews.com

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Floods Earthquakes, War...

End of Days?

I have no idea, but I do know that this country has suffered tremendously in the recent past.

"Entire villages washed away"!!!! What a tragedy. The loss of life will be staggering and there is more to come as we all know, the disaster response and medical treatment in that area is not what we have come to expect here in the West.

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Death toll is different now:

PESHAWAR, Pakistan (AP) -- A Pakistani official says the death toll from massive floods in the northwest has risen to 1,100 people.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The death toll could go as high as 3,000 because the level of destruction has been so great,” Mujahid Khan, chief spokesman for Edhi rescue service, the country’s biggest, said by telephone from Peshawar today. Khan later said the number of fatalities was now 817.

The flooding deaths come after 152 people died when a plane crashed in heavy rain near the capital on July 28. Homes and bridges have collapsed in the rain, live electric wires have fallen into the waters and families have been swept away in the floods.
www.bloomberg.com
Absolutely awful. At least a million affected by the flood: www.CNN.com video

Related: Dozens killed and stranded by Afghanistan flood

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
BUMP!

It's a sad state of affairs that this thread has recieved no interest. Even with such a US centric board as this I would have thought ATS members were more internationally aware and concerned than the average bear. Perhaps you should have put HAARP? in the title.

I find it very interesting that while Pakistan, Southern Asia and China have been seeing devastating floods, Russia has been experiencing record high temperatures and fires due to drought conditions. Some areas of Africa have been experiencing such dry conditions that the harvests have been devastated. Could this all be by design through HAARP to manipulate and restrict the global food supply.

If it wasn't for the responsibility and need to be around for further input, I'd start a thread about the current 'war' on the world's food supply. Gulf of Mexico, Pakistan, Russia, Southern Asia, China, Africa. It's the beginning of the rise of the cost of food that will eventually result in hundreds of millions starving to death. Apparently grain prices are rocketing already.

Anyone motivated enough to start that thread?

Thought not.

Gimme a month and I might get round to it. Darn it I'm part of the problem too.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
When the US offers aide and assistance will the Pakistan Taliban lay down their rusty knives and join US soldiers around the campfire in Afghanistan singing and roasting marshmallows? Maybe they will say, "Hey, those infidels seem okay since they are helping our people through this divine chastisement from God." Highly unlikely! They will do what they have been programed to do strap explosives to themselves, throw their assault rifle over their should to cross the border into Afghanistan or cause mayhem in one of Pakistan or India's major urban centers. In all actuality, it sounds like a devastating calamity of Biblical proportions and lately that has been the scope of natural disasters. Regardless of our petty differences every nations who capable of assisting should offer it. Fellow human beings are in peril.

End of Days? I am not to hip on the Bible prophecies and take them with a grain of salt. However, something seems to be astray in nature? Some contribute most of these calamities to mingling with the ionosphere at the government facility, HAARP, in Alaska. That may very well be the case, but I reserve making any judgments on that as being the cause for all his calamity. Nothing of any substantial evidence has been attributed to HAARP being the cause of all this. Perhaps, this may be the warning shots of the pole shift that some have been talking about for years?

I am floored by voracity of these quakes, storms, and floods. We have floods, quakes, and storms of the century. However, when has these types of calamities happened in such short succession? Nature has been giving quite the walloping this year from calamitous floods to earthquakes in practically every locality of the world. With financial uncertainty, war on the horizon, and violent natural disasters, we are certainly going through trying times.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
As if the flooding isn't bad enough and with such large numbers of loss of life, 1,500 now. They also now have to worry about a major dam giving way.

Adding to the misery, fresh rains in the northwest threatened to overwhelm a major dam and unleash a new deluge, while rescue workers struggled to deliver aid to some 3.2 million people affected by the floods despite washed-out bridges and roads and downed communication lines.

Full Story

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
So now 14 Million people are being reportedly affected by this flooding...

and..

...I remember reading earlier this year about cloud seeding, and remember reading about it being used in china, i specifically remember and instance where they made it snow over a city.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

OK well, WE KNOW WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY.

So I began to look at this issue of the flooding in a geo-strategical point of view. We have been on the Afghan Pakistan boarder fighting for the past couple years. We are constantly saying Taliban fighters from Afghanistan are resupplying themselves in Pakistan. In other words, the rebel fighters never had a wall against their backs. They could retreat further and further into the country while we were forced to only fight on the western most edge of the country. Well now with this rain the country has virtually been split into two.
Check out the map on the BBC's page of this story at the very bottom, i would post it here but I cant figure it out quick enough. www.bbc.co.uk...

So the Taliban fighters are now unable to retreat deep into the heart of Pakistan, and, are if anything being pushed by the flood waters towards the boarder with Afghanistan....Where we have been openly waging a bombing campaign and secretly murdering high priority targets.

Now I know flooding regularly occurs this time of year. It is "Monsoon" season after all. However, I would not be surprised to find out that our military is starting to use geo engineering as a means of controlling population movements.

At least it all kinda makes sense in my head....

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

top topics

join