It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fury as Israel president claims English are 'anti-semitic'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'm English and I must say that I'm deeply offended by Shimon's remarks, I for one DO NOT hate Jews, most of them are just like me, trying to get through day to day with little or no hassle as possible, but I draw the line at being called anti-semitic by those who obviously hate themselves more than anyone else can. I hate those no matter what skin colour, what religeon, what political persuasion that WILL NOT grow out of the misguided belief that the world OWES them something for a historical event, and to them I say "grow up" and live for the future NOT the past.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
As a veteran, I am against oppression. Israel is becoming the oppressor in the ME, regarding the eviction by Israel of that old couple that had been living in their home for 70 years and were evicted for the sake of moving in settlers.

Israel is anti-Semitic for their stand against Palestinians, Iran, etc. However, based on Netanyahu's comments lately, he does not see America as a problem as our religious right supports Israel (out of fear). Our religious right believes that those who fight against Israel will be destroyed by God. Wake up people.

Our position in the world should be one of stabilizing the peace, advancing civilization, caring for the poor, and saving the environment we adore. Any nation that puts itself above the rest is not playing the game fairly. Those who have the ability to help others should do so, if only on moral grounds. Israel is defending it's autonomy on one hand, but oppressing those who have a legal right on the other hand.

I recall a telecast by the 700 Club one morning wherein their news showed that the Israelis purposely go to parts of Jerusalem without permits to parade, just to make a lot of noise and start trouble so the media will blame it on the wrong people.

Israel is a thorn in the side of the Middle East. It is unwilling to stop fighting against the Palestinians. It does not want peace. It is never going to quit being the aggressor. It can't because it needs to expand it's holdings to allow for the growth of it's population.

Other Semites be damned.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Oh please, does anyone actually take anything the Israeli government says seriously anymore? No? They can go # themselves.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
There is nothing that will make me dislike Israel more than I already do.

Jews go around calling everyone racist yet they believe they are Gods chosen ones and the rest of us insignificant humans.

Whats the definition of that?

Israel can only hope that Americans keep supporting their War crimes.

[edit on 033131p://f02Sunday by Seventytwo]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Pentothal

I'm an Englishman (and proud of it). I also agree with the Israeli President.

We pander to Muslims and are our own worst enemies. Thankfully the Israelis aren't afraid to assert their identity.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Originally posted by babybunnies
THis is ridiculous, just because English papers write that they don't agree with how Isreael handled themselves, they've now listed "all Engliosh" as jew haters?

Uh huh. Welcome to our world. Try saying a word against Israel in the southern U.S. where the churches fly Israeli flags. That's a whole lot of fun.

Good point. If a person flies a Mexican flag, they rouse the ire of the Christian redneck, but the Israeli flag is revered. I'm neutral about both flags, since I'm an American citizen. Answer me this: if practicing Jews don't accept Christ, then they're damned to hell (according to the fundamentalists). Correct? So why fly the flag of a nation that has a religious belief that are related to, but very different from their own. I cannot get any of the fundamentalists to explain this coherently. I suspect tha they secretly think that American Evangelicals are the 'Real Jews' or some nonsense and that any attempt by secularists and progressives to keep the theocracy in check gets them hallucinating that they're characters from 'Schindler's List'. #ing bizarre. Only in America.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Hilarious. Seriously and unabashedly hilarious. For all you English out there who might need this translated, here you go: "You don't send us billions a year to help us fight our enemy. You don't blindly assemble your religious and political leaders and have them spread the word for us to support our cause. You don't support keeping your military here to get our backs. You don't side with us on every issue. You know, like they do in the U.S."

Star to you !

Giving them the right time of the day !

edit typo

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Rocker-Mtl]

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Rocker-Mtl]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Wow, this must be the "racism is justified" thread. What a bunch of pompous hypocrits. Every frackking post just drools with racism and hatred/contempt. I see all of you in your truest form. Your comments are ignorant to the extreme and should be called what they are, hate crimes. You practice what you accuse others of portraying, you are exposed. By your screen names you will be known as racist and your comments will follow you like millstones. Is that the way of the elitist, the educated, the evolved? What a bunch of charlatans, you have by your very utterance crowned yourselves. I have seen some of you in other threads, boasting of your enlightenment. You are not what I would emulate, rather you are shame and so you shall be known.

YouSir

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

I have you listed as a friend...I made a mistake and will correct it.

Just because you have problems in the family, you do not throw them to the dogs!!!

As an English Celt i am aware of your reference to the lost tribes, and find the subject very interesting.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by YouSir

You put it so much better than i could.
You Sir, are a scholar and a gentlemen.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
After going through replies on this thread I would urge everyone not to get baited by Peres into thinking his remark was supported by all Jewish people worldwide. Guys, we all need to keep an open mind and remember these statements are not from Jews allover the world. These statements are from a political figure who is using the old baseless used tactic to silence people and garner more support for it's apartheid government. It's not the fault of Jewish people allover the world that Israel is following Nazi footsteps.

As for the remark by Peres, I'd personally laugh it off as it has no basis, no meaning and nothing more than words by a whining government when it's propaganda and sham is not working on English.

"The elephant keeps walking as the dogs keep barking."

reply to post by YouSir

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Sheol]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Shimon Peres is as nutty as Ahmedinejad.

Yes, blame the Brits who gave you a state. brilliant.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The more accusations like "racism" and "anti-semitism" get tossed around, the more they lose their power. It's like the boy who cried wolf.

The sad thing is that there is real racism and there is real anti-semitism in this world. When real, egregious racism takes place, it needs to be called out. But when people begin slinging around the word any time it suits them, it weakens the impact of the charge overall and does a grave disservice to those who are actual victims of real racism.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I think Shimon Peres is expecting the world to give his terrorist nation a green light to freely bomb the Sh*t outa anyone it feels like and if anyone dares question israel's terrorist activities than they will automatically be labeld 'anti-semite'.

What a loda bolloks!

I think the British still haven't forgotten how Irgun zionist terrorists bombed King David hotel killing many British personel.ISrael is also responsible for killing British protesters in Palestine.

Than we have the pro-zionists who twaddle along complaining about Hamas's rockets.I find it funny how people call those Pringle tubes 'deadly WMD rockets' which misses its targets 99.9% of the time and kills 2 people every 5 years.And in retaliation we all know what israel does after stealing vast amount of lands from the palestinians.

The world has seriously gone mad!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
A trip to the British museum shows you all the historical races in the middle east the Egyptians,the Persians,the Babylonians,the Hittites,the Arabians and they all waged war and squabbled with each other since time immemorial.If Israel were wiped off the map it would neither concern me or bother me as its dead centre in a part of the world where hatreds have allways existed and there will be a war there sooner or later history prooves this.The problem is that with over 200 nuclear weapons in their arsenal they're gonna make on hell of a mess before they down the s bend.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouSir

Wow, this must be the "racism is justified" thread. What a bunch of pompous hypocrits. Every frackking post just drools with racism and hatred/contempt.

No, it is not. Maybe you should read the OP.

I see all of you in your truest form. Your comments are ignorant to the extreme and should be called what they are, hate crimes.

Contains no value. I made a post about a report in a national newspaper. I followed it with information showing the other nonsense spoken by the 'leaders' of Israel. If part of it is incorrect, please point it out. You are just throwing around insults with no actual point being made.

You practice what you accuse others of portraying, you are exposed. By your screen names you will be known as racist and your comments will follow you like millstones. Is that the way of the elitist, the educated, the evolved? What a bunch of charlatans, you have by your very utterance crowned yourselves. I have seen some of you in other threads, boasting of your enlightenment. You are not what I would emulate, rather you are shame and so you shall be known.

YouSir

I practice what you accuse others of portraying. So do you. Anyone can throw insults. Try making a point. Are you saying that, because I dislike the way the Israeli military and leadership conduct themselves, that I am a racists? This is not the definition of racism.

I thought you were going to call me an anti-semite for making a post about being called anti-semite, and not liking it. Who is full of hate?

People are becoming wise to these methods.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Pentothal]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I've been reading what anti-semitic is, and still do not understand
i just seem to not get this at all is it even in the English language

[edit on 1-8-2010 by aspx]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheol
After going through replies on this thread I would urge everyone not to get baited by Peres into thinking his remark was supported by all Jewish people worldwide. Guys, we all need to keep an open mind and remember these statements are not from Jews allover the world. These statements are from a political figure who is using the old baseless used tactic to silence people and garner more support for it's apartheid government.
reply to post by YouSir

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Sheol]

I agree 100%. But there are people who actually want confrontation and see it as a means to an end. Calling people 'anti-semite' is now soooooo old. People know this.

It does not matter a bit what religion or colour people are. It matters what they do with their power and influence. When leaders of nations friendly to Israel start to criticise maybe it is time to listen... or throw the anti-semite card in again.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It was my understanding that England actually gave the land to Israel... is it because they didn't killed all arabs living there they are anti-semite?

Those claims are getting ridiculous, I proclaim Israel anti-everything-that-is-not-remotely-jewish.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by aspx
I've been reading what anti-semitic is, and still do not understand
i just seem to not get this at all is it even in the English language

[edit on 1-8-2010 by aspx]

It's a simple concept...talking about Israel war crimes and apartheid is anti-semitic. Hope that clears it up for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join