It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks founder accuses US army of failing to protect Afghan informers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I love how some Empire supporters still cling to the forlorn belief that we are the good guys, that air attacks on wedding parties aren't reprisals for resistance attacks on ISAF and that "rags" pulled off the two towers scam.

Wikileaks has been very responsible in weakening the Empires propaganda efforts, by revealing the truth, though I'm suspicious about the dark hand using this affair to censor the net.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Thepreye]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye
I love how some Empire supporters still cling to the forlorn belief that we are the good guys, that attacks air on wedding parties aren't reprisals for resistance attacks on ISAF and that "rags" pulled off the two towers scam.

Wikileaks has been very responsible in weakening the Empires propaganda efforts, by revealing the truth, though I'm suspicious about the dark hand using this affair to censor the net.

So when did this "wedding attack" happen?? where is the proof? And do you know that the insurgents HIDE amongst the civilians so that way we kill some civilians too. Also they take the weapons from insurgents we kill THAT ARE ATTACKING US so it makes us look like we killed innocents. Also we do NOT I repeat DO NOT engage the enemy unless they are deemed hositle to civilians of Iraq or Afghanistan or are hositle toward or attacking us...... You need to stop looking at the BS stories because YOU have no clue what the hell you are talking about. Just like we (US military)are "brainwashed" or so you say.... YOU are brainwashed by the conspiracies and the media on the internet.

Don't believe me fine, but don't talk about stuff that you have no clue about. Go expierience it for yourself and then your 2 cents actually might be worth something more than a cheeto found under a couch.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Doing this for me? No.

Praising you for doing your job either here or at home?

Get over yourself. You might just be the brainwashed one.

reply to post by Faiol

Proof of who he or the NYT contacted at the "White House" or when or what they said? No. There is no proof.

[edit on 8/1/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

How do the Mahmudiyah killings fit into your snug view of things?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
WOW big freaking deal.... Not all of us are perfect... How many people are raped in 8 years in the US??? I bet it is a lot more than an isolated incident in a war zone. Not all of us are bad seeds and do evil things. But there are those who do stuff like that. For instance state and local cops have done way worse, you are not crying and complaining about them doin an unfair job are you? And I already know the next thing you are going to bring up.

Civilian casualties again I'm sure.... Look at every other major war that lasted over a year. How many civilians deaths are there?? You people weren't complaining about us carpet bombing citites during WWII, I wonder how many civilians died back then?

Here is a FACT! OIF and OEF have had the fewest numbers of civilian casualties in ANY MAJOR WAR IN HISTORY! COMBINED!!!

We do NOT engage unless attacked or there is a direct threat of an attack, yea mistakes happen but if you are out in the crap and you have a car speeding directly at your checkpoint and he is not heeding your challenge to slow down or stop, what would you do?? You have literally a few seconds to make up your own mind on whether or not to shoot.

You can't hate us all for a few accidents and some stupid people that want to rape and kill someone and then try and cover it up. That is like saying I hate all Germans for killing Jews, I hate the citizens of the US for raping people and killing people.

You are ignorant and believe everything you hear, well what you hear is anti-American propaganda used because they think our war is unjust. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. That's for the president and our government to decide not us. Maybe YOU should do a better job electing a president. Instead of electing Bush AGAIN.

You may take their side and feel sorry for them. But they still will kill you because you are not the same religon as them. So who is the ignorant fool now???

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Reign02]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Where is all this coming from? Take a chill pill. Seriously.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I am chill I just hate you ignorant fools who think they know everything BUT DONT KNOW SHT!!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
WOW big freaking deal.... Not all of us are perfect... How many people are raped in 8 years in the US???

Wow... this is your response to the rape & murder of a 14 year old girl and her family, along with the systematic cover-up that followed? You have serious issues, kid.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by john_bmth]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

... they think our war is unjust. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. That's for the president and our government to decide not us.

Its a voluntary military there is the US right? You had a choice to join or not. You decided to join without considering the consequences or whether or not the US government was right or wrong in waging war.

How does this make you any better than the Germans who went along with Hitler, or the Russians who went along with Stalin, or, name your tyrant.

The fact that you let a corrupt government do your thinking for you is disgusting in itself, but abhorrent in the fact that so many lives are lost needlessly in the process.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth

WOW big freaking deal.... Not all of us are perfect... How many people are raped in 8 years in the US???

Wow... this is your response to the rape & murder of a 14 year old girl and her family, along with the systematic cover-up that followed? You have serious issues, kid.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by john_bmth]

Im just comparing rape stats to what you civilians do in the states.... crap happens it is a war zone and once again not everyone is a perfect little angel.

IF YOU ARE NOT A CHILD OF ISLAMIC FAITH THE EXTREMISTS WANT YOU DEAD!! It is that simple, we are setting up shop to prevent them from hitting American soil and killing more Americans.

If you don't like our country then LEAVE!!! Or go get elected to senate or be a mayor or do SOMETHING. Don't sit and complain go change it YOURSELF.

Now stop directing posts at me because I am done trying to talk some kind of sense into you brainwashed internet morons.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This blog post offers and interesting point of view on this..

www.thedailybeast.com...

How does Assange justify putting these people at mortal risk? Predictably, he does not, taking refuge behind a weasel-worded insistence that he and his team had edited the material so that there was “harm minimization,” a morally teasing phrase that might, so ironically, be part of the Pentagon’s own lexicon. So are we to assume that the Afghan informants whose names were left in the WikiLeaks texts amount, in Assange’s reckoning, to an acceptable quantum of collateral damage in his Quixotic war against the warmongers?

Well written post, but fails to see Assange as an operative.

If Assange is really all about exposing truth, why edit, or withhold anything?

It's not entirely his agenda!

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Now stop directing posts at me because I am done trying to talk some kind of sense into you brainwashed internet morons.

Wow, such intellect. What an astounding arguement.

It looks like the military has reduced your reasoning capacity to that of an 8 year old: resort to name-calling when you can't make your point with logic or reason.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

actually those documents with informants details ARE NOT available to every soldier. And they definatley ARE NOT available to every sub contractor.

Why lie about this dude?? You don't know anything....

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

well it is kind of frustrating when EVERYONE is against me and what I am saying. I have spelled it out 1000 times.... DO MORE RESEARCH or join up and expierience it for yourself. You too can sit on post for 12-14 hours a day just waiting for something to happen. Hell most of the time downrange you go weeks without stuff happening and when something does happen its just a rocket or a mortar launched at base.

All of you people think that you know what is happening but YOU are the BLIND and the internet and media are GUIDING and MISLEADING YOU!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

DO MORE RESEARCH or join up and expierience it for yourself.

Thats the very point Reign, I would not sign up for something like the gulf war. I can appreciate the boredom and futility of the mission without actually being there. I can also understand how someone like yourself, or anyone for that matter, who once there, has to try and rationalize for him or her self that it has to be for some good.

But it isn't. Their people, and our people are dying needlessly. Guys like you are putting yourselves in harms way needlessly. The powers that be do not care about you, or the "enemy" or the civilians.

I wish you all the best man, but hope that you survive to see the other side of the story.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

reply to post by wayno

well it is kind of frustrating when EVERYONE is against me and what I am saying. I have spelled it out 1000 times.... DO MORE RESEARCH or join up and expierience it for yourself. You too can sit on post for 12-14 hours a day just waiting for something to happen. Hell most of the time downrange you go weeks without stuff happening and when something does happen its just a rocket or a mortar launched at base.

All of you people think that you know what is happening but YOU are the BLIND and the internet and media are GUIDING and MISLEADING YOU!

Face facts you made some wrong choices, got suckered by the man and now you try to justify it all, but dude you're wrong and FFS why would anyone want to join up to fight in the Lobbyist Wars, to end up broken, dead, suicidal or in a constant mental battle to persuade yourself that it was worth it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join