It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circle Phenomena - A Serious Debate Please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Please do not flame me, but this is my humble attempt to try and bring some norm to this subject and help stop this endless mudslinging. I would like to start a thread with some ground rules to try and get some serious discussion going here.

If we continue to start threads with the theme “CC are all Manmade” or “CC are not Manmade” we will only allow ourselves to be flooded with the same old arguments and counter argument which we have all heard so many times before. I also believe it encourages the better informed ops to switch off and go else where.

So my challenge to all who are interested in this subject is to provide factual evidence so others can go and research and get informed.

This thread is not about whether CC are Manmade or NOT, its whether we believe a unknown (non human)phenomena HAS and IS happening to make these formations alongside other formations which are known to be manmade.

Let’s for once give each side the courtesy to state their claims and avoid posting opinions and non related comments which only inflame other ops whilst the thread drifts into mudslinging. I for one want to be informed either way.

So without further ado, here is my starter.

My claim to support there is an unknown phenomenon at work here is:

Large complex formations have been created in locations and within a time frame which man has been unable to replicate to achieve the same properties using the same parameters.

Inform yourself

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It's a good idea...and it may work in a perfect world. Unfortunately, this topic has been discussed so far in depth here at ATS that complex discussion that hasn't already taken place is very unlikely.

Try using the search function for crop circles or anything similar and see how many threads it pulls up. The research has been done here many times...the only decision left to make is yours.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I've always loved and appreciate this story of the pilot flying over this field at 5:30PM.
Dropped off his passenger.
Refueled and on his way back at 6:15PM this 915 x 508 ft image appeared:

Lucy Pringle reports “This event is especially noteworthy for several reasons; a pilot flying a light aircraft from Exeter to Thruxton flew over the field opposite Stonehenge at on the afternoon of Sunday 7 July with a passenger taking photographs, at which time the field opposite on the A303 was unmarked. The pilot disembarked at Thruxton, completed the necessary landing and flight forms, refuelled and then got back into the same plane to fly back to Exeter. Imagine his surprise on when flying over the same field opposite Stonehenge some 40 - 50 minutes later he observed an enormous formation measuring 915.2 X 508 ft imprinted in the wheat below. A gamekeeper and a guard at Stonehenge both confirmed that it had not been there that morning.
The formation was named the `Julia Set` as it represented a complex computer generated fractal image to the mathematicians; to musicians, a base clef, and to marine biologists the cross section of a nautilus.

Veteran researcher Colin Andrews tells me "The formation was first spotted from an aircraft at 6.15 PM. The pilot crossed over the field with a passenger (a medical doctor taking photographs) at 5.30pm”

There was nothing in the field at that time but “When the pilot returned at 6.15 PM he saw the formation in the field. “
www.lucypringle.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
My stance is that all crop circles are man made.

There are two main groups who create them, the first is for art and for the thrill of sneaking out at night and creating these works of art.

The second is to turn a profit, crop circles, particularly in the UK is a lucrative business.

So, onto the evididence!

Firstly a fairly comprehensive documentary discussing crop circles, this aired on National Geographic a few years ago.

Nancy Talbot is even interviewed here (man voice and all), she is of course is of BLT fame, your be all and end all evidence against crop circles being man made.

The documentary raises some very good points about her 'investigations', my favourite is the lack of an actual crop scientist.

Another thing to note about Nancy is her association with Robbert Van Den Broeke:

Here the "UFO" appears to be a little higher over the car, and smaller. It appears to be made up of light-balls, perhaps revolving inside a light-ring?

"UFO #3," Robbert turns toward Roy & "UFO" now seems to be directly over Roy's head.

UFOs" #53, #54. Is this a shadow of "UFO" in lower left corner of photo?

www.bltresearch.com...

She even took some of those images herself.

Interesting, no?

So, what else shows that they're man made?

How about the evolution of GPS technology and the intricacy of crop cicles?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

How about a crop circle conference with tours of crop circles booked months in advance?

Circles of knowledge conference 2010

How are they to know that there will even be any crop circles around when they have these tours?

Unless they make them themselves...

You can even book a helicopter flight, it's only a measly £85 for a 15 minute flight!

I could go on so I will leave you with a couple of links to peruse at your leisure.

www.ufologie.net...

circlemakers.org...

[edit on 31/7/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

UFOs in the American west and southwest are not a lucrative business. Maybe in the UK crop circles are.

Mostly a matter of interest here. Plenty of bizarre stories paid for or not.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
i will say some are real, some are not , only when a team of true science post a report do i believe, and there, to my knowledge, have been 2 cases of such, were there has been hard proof of heat transference, stepping on wheat with a board or a roller does not do it nor produce radio activity but if you look long enough at the photos you can tell which is art and which is a message, and i will not say for then it would be no fun as to say who is who now would it, so for the time being go look back to the very first ones, have fun looking to see if you can tell which is which. next time one comes up is it art or is it from them , and do not take the word of a circle maker for granted, ask him how was it done in ten minutes?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
There is quite a serious debate with evidence, research photos, videos, etc. on this thread:

Crop Circles... with some actual evidence

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I used to think that if there were any phenomenon out there that may have some strange explanation behind it that crop circles, at least some of them, might be it. But the fact is that the most likely explanation is that it's the result of human activity.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

It's one thing to have a strong opinion but it's a whole other thing when you feel a need to poke fun at someone. Case in point:

Nancy Talbot is even interviewed here (man voice and all)

So here's my opinion about YOU.

You seem to have a deep issue with this for some reason. Because if you just felt this was a new-age man-made past time then, you'd leave it right there.

But to cast dispersions on an innocent Human, whose doing what she's passionate about, takes it to another level (unless you're 8 years old which, I doubt)

Maybe you're just afraid of this phenomenon because it's bigger than you and you just can't comprehend it (and crack the code) so.....and in a defensive posture, you attack!

Oh yeah, I think I'm on to somethin' here Chadwickus!

Peace

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by One Moment

Well this isn't about ME is it?

Why not address the rest of my post?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

that is the stuff i was talking about! thanks for the post, now i can re add that to my files.It is a shame we do not have a group that is willing to do some back yard testing, it would be the first step but the naysayers would have a field day, they would say were are the NASA SETI and others? i say would they tell the truth?, NASA is in it self full of hush hush knowledge, SETI has no funding for out side research but some thing needs to be done. proof of or proof of nothing just a bunch of good pranksters, one way or another we need out side the box research!!!!!

[edit on 1-8-2010 by bekod]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
hi all, i personally think they are all manmade, firstly because of all the reasons chadwickus posted and because for me there is absolutely no logic and reasoning for any alien to do this, ill repeat part of my post from the other crop circle debate:

IF any alien race is intelligent enough to create the technology to come and visit us surely they wouldn't waste their time flying all the way here and do nothing except fly around the skys, graffiti on the fields and assault garden furniture!!!.

alien 1 "hi zog ive just created an antigravity interstellar lightspeed timewarp drive"
alien 2 "great, im bored of drawing pictures on the reticulan tube trains, lets send thousands of ships across the galaxy and start tagging the fields of some far off planet mwuhahahaha"

now my little joke may seem like im taking the p, but its designed to show a bit of logic on why i dont believe there's any alien involvement.

thanks

rich

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
My opinion:

There are 2 types of crop circle.

Man made and the others are a natural / supernatural phenomena.

Maybe magneticism or something? I'm not fully sure.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

"How are they to know that there will even be any crop circles around when they have these tours?

Unless they make them themselves... "

Er, no. That's a non sequitur. It is also a slur based upon no evidence. Participants in crop circle conferences cannot be sure that there will be crop circles available to inspect. But past experience indicates that this will be likely enough to make the risk of registering for such conferences acceptable.

top topics

join