It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you Dream? i don't

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Hopefully it won't induce a reality too frightning.
I'm scooting over to ATS live sounds interesting.

S&F for OP.

Chears, robbo2006.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
lol

just because you dont remember, doesnt mean it didnt happened

thats why this so memory thing is so weird

if somebody had a machine that could erase your memory, they could do anything to you, and you would never know hahaha ...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
i swear ATS is psychic. I am awake right now because of a dream I am trying to currently forget. they are so very real all the time to me. As scary as they can be though i still am glad that i have them

I decided to log onto twitter, just to see if i would be right, and sure enough, a post on dreams. probably right about when i was starting my dream knowing my luck. this always happens with ATS...it can read my mindddd

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
If I don't get what many people call the proper amount of sleep, I don't remember having any dreams either. In other words if I'm pretty tired and only sleep for 2 or 3 hours, I don't remember any dreams. However when I sleep extra time on the weekend, I remember having some dreams. At times, it is like I cross over into another world almost at will. Sometimes I can see images from the dream forming before I'm even completely asleep when I know I'm about to fall asleep. It's almost like a hypnotic trance I go into when I go to sleep. When I do get a lot of extra sleep, I can easily stay up all night without feeling tired and most of the next day. I have to almost will myself to sleep at least a few hours the next day after that.

If I'm not too tired when trying to sleep, I can create worlds or whatever I want while falling asleep. I have the entire universe to choose from which includes billions of years, billions of galaxies, countless star systems, different dimensions, parallel worlds and dimensions, different Earths, different realities, alien races and civilizations and our own world on present day Earth. Imagine having fun or doing whatever you want to do and maybe you'll have a fun dream. I've heard you tend to remember your dreams if your sleep gets interrupted by something. I sometimes get woken up by all kinds of noises since my hearing is too good. Maybe the lucky ones are the ones who don't get woken up while sleeping.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
We all dream op if you didn't dream you would be going insane, dreaming is a regulator to the sanity of this world we live in, you dream you just don't remember what you dream about or in most cases that you dream at all.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I personally think you have to think whilst going sleep to dream.

By this i mean, hard days graft you lie down think about what fun you had during the day, anything that comes to you mind. Then you start trailing those thoughts such as say.

Yeah i saw ben today he looked well, havent seen him in ages. I remember the fun that we had back in the day, awsome times" follow the thoughts on" That time he was so drunk that he walked in to a stranger car thinking its a taxi, that was hillarious.

Keep thinking like that whilst your eyes are closed and dont go sleep with a blank mind. This sorta builds up your imagination aswell because in those thoughts add some what if's scenarios then bam youll probs have a dream. Works for me, well thats how i go sleep and i have like 4 dreams in 1 night.

ps try not to eat cheese or have your hand over your chest because rumour has it thats how you have nightmares.

safe.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I love the topic of dreams, as it's the one area of life where you can truly experience things with no restrictions and they can be a lot of fun, as well as occasionally terrifying.

I went for a long period of life where I didn't dream at all, at the time I was drinking rather too much and also doing other unhealthy things, as soon as I stopped those things the dreams just flooded back like a torrent that had been held back by a damn for years on end.

I've also had one really terrifying episode of sleep paralysis, which was pretty terrifying.

As others have said there are lots of techniques you can use to try and remember your dreams like setting an alarm to wake you up at a time you are likely to be in REM sleep etc.

If you get a chance take a look at the movie "A waking life" which is an excellent, but slightly bizarre film all about directed dreaming.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
What a (not) surprise!

I DONT work(slave) for my food..

Yet i DREAM of people who do work....
In Grey, Filthy, factories.. Science labs, schools with to many elevators and doors, leading nowhere.... Nightmares.

Sumtimes I to have nice dreams, but 97 % of the times.. Its these dreams, that I DONT WANT.

At the moment, Im considering not ever sleeping again..
And leaving mankind (parts of it) behind..

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
This is going to sound silly but it actually works for some people.

Before you go to sleep, say "Im going to remember my dreams" out loud at least three times. Do that every night for a week. Think about dreaming before falling asleep.

Like I said, it sounds silly but I know it works for some people and you have nothing to lose by trying it. I have no rational explanation for why it would work, but apparently it does.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
We all dream op if you didn't dream you would be going insane, dreaming is a regulator to the sanity of this world we live in

There really is no evidence for that. Scientists dont know why we dream. They think it must be so the brain can optimize and store memories better, but I dont believe that because its just them guessing.

These are my thoughts on dreams, and is a personal opinion only:

I think dreams have a far more interesting purpose and that it doesnt have anything to do with the actual brain at all. The brain is a receiver, and while it has limited processing power much like a desktop computer, its connected to the whole enchilada.

While we dream, we are out of body, tuned into another frequency of reality. When we later remember the dream, it seems fuzzy, but I think everything is actually crystal clear while we are experiencing it. We may be creating the reality of our dreams or we may only take part in a experience, Im not sure about that. But I think whatever happens is actually happening on that frequency and is not just imagination.

That is why you can sometimes go back to where you were in a dream after waking up.

We are more than meat bags. I have a strong intuition about that personally.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

I have bizarre dreams every night. I find it surprising that people claim they have never had a dream or a nightmare. My mother is the same and claims she's never had a dream. It's also bizarre that older people's dreams are usually in black & white, while younger people dream in colour. Another thing I find bizarre about dreams, is that no matter what the scenario is, I always tend to see the same people in nearly every dream. It's weird, it's like the characters are being recycled and given different roles and only the story itself changes.

If you want to remember your dreams, maybe you should try and discipline your mind by learning to meditate. Meditation helped me over come sleep paralysis and helps me remember more details when I dream.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by kindred]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

I agree I don't get much sleep either. Most nights I get less than 2-3 hours, but as soon as I fall asleep, I'm dreaming. There's also been times when I've just woken up, my eyes are open and I'm fully aware, but I'm still dreaming. It's like both realities are flicking back and fourth and sometimes they even merge. I love dreaming and I could lie in bed forever and just dream. Unfortunately there's no escaping this reality.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I found years ago that if I used marijuana, it would stop me dreaming, or my ability to remember them.

Now I only eat organic foods and drink pure water, and always remember my dreams. Some even for several hours.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
O.K. last night i drank a cup of Mugwort tea my wife made for me..

then i put my pen and pad by the bed, just in case..

I slept on my right side, or tried too....

thought really cool thoughts and fell asleep..

then i woke up..nothing..no dream i can recall..

weird huh?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Ok, this might sound weird, don't laugh, and don't tie it tightly, but, pick a peice of yarn, a color that you like. Tie it to your thumb, or toe, just before you fall asleep, and tell yourself, that you will remember your dreams when you see it in the morning.

Like others have said, don't move quickly, and relax for a few mintues, before rolling out of bed.

Look at the yarn, and see if it reminds you of anything. Don't rip it off like opening a present!

Just gaze at it, and see if it brings any recall.

I have heard this works for people who are too lazy to keep a journal!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

LOL..ok.. i am one of the most un-lazy people on the planet..

but i will give it a try..can't hurt ..right??

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I used to dream alot and have full control of them. And I know this will make me seem even more out there than normal, but someone or thing has banished me from my dream state. After coming in contact with this entity my dreams stopped. I wish I could dream again

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Hm, I have always had dreams. Sometimes several per night, sometimes they continue another day where they've left off. The fun part though is that I always remember them, at least partially if not fully. They are very vivid and feel real. I know we astral travel at night and experience different lessons which could help us throughout the day, but tell me - why some people remember these so called dreams and some don't?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Hm, I have always had dreams. Sometimes several per night, sometimes they continue another day where they've left off. The fun part though is that I always remember them, at least partially if not fully. They are very vivid and feel real. I know we astral travel at night and experience different lessons which could help us throughout the day, but tell me - why some people remember these so called dreams and some don't?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

i dont i dont realy remember any from wen i was like 7 and im almost 16 now and i dont even know if they ( like 1 ) were real dreams

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join