It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is ATS attempting to read my browser history???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Is it do to with the Google ads?
If you look at the adwords and the ad placement have you ever wondered why you've looked at a certain product or website and lo and behold there is it at the top and down the side of ATS.

LOL @ google chrome is telling me that google is spelt wrong!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I have been waiting on some reviews for Sandboxie before using it. But i love the concept of how it works.

I've used Sandboxie on a laptop and older PC without any problems. It takes just a few minutes before you can work it out. If you run a browser through it, it only stores the history and bookmarks/favourites within the sandbox. Using FF, you can export the bookmarks or save them as a file. Anything you download has the choice of being saved to your normal documents or a sandboxed version.

I no longer use it, but can vouch for the application. I never had any trouble with it and it doesn't need to update all the time like NoScript does.

Probably a hardcore set-up would be running a Trucrypted virtual operating system with a Sandboxied browser through Tor that features NoScript, AdblockPlus, Comodo Firewall and AVG or Kaspersky. On the other hand, distinctive computer set-ups run the risk of being more identifiable. In that scenario, a bog-standard IE version would be less noticeable to anyone paying attention by becoming part of the herd. Security is a bitch

yeah, that is true.

The thing is, most of what i use is standard edition in the modern world. Firefox has quickly moved in as the standard for the average pc user, with it being mostly the uncaring that use IE (of the uninformed).

I have a friend that is barely PC literate. I was going to set up his new system with FF and all the cool little security features. He already had it on there. I asked him, and he said "doesn't everyone use FF? I just added in what sounded important or cool".

I was mostly thinking about sandboxie for the oldest boys laptop. he goes to Tech this month, and i wanted to give him a machine that would be harder for him to break (he is like Typhoid Mary....i told him if he crashes windows, i am putting Ubuntu on it).

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
At the risk of turning this thread into a computer security thread I will add that I use Sandboxie on all my windows PCs and have done so for years. If you can spare the time to get to know it and to set it up then you will be well protected when surfing or connecting to the internet via Sandboxie.
It is free, although you can pay a small once off fee and get a few extras but the free version is fully functional.
I could go on and recommend other great free security software but this is not after all a computer security thread.

<< 1   >>

join