It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three convicted murderers break out of Arizona prison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Three convicted murderers break out of Arizona prison

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- Authorities are hunting for three convicted murderers who escaped from a Kingman, Arizona, prison on Friday night.

The Arizona Department of Corrections and the Flagstaff police said on Saturday that the three disappeared from a medium-security facility and are considered to be armed and dangerous.

State and local authorities are searching for the men, who were discovered missing after the 9 p.m. count in prison. All three suspects were serving time on murder convictions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well, it's happened again. I just saw this story as a CNN headline and thought I would share. While these men are clearly a threat to society, I have to say that this made me think of the now dead Fox series Prison Break in which the impossible became Hollywood reality.

Given the tensions and increase in AZ law enforcement I can't help but think how rightfully screwed these inmates will be in the next 24 hours. Still...impressive.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Spelling edit.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by NewWorldDisorder]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
There are 2 things from the source article that really bothers me...First let's look at the escapees.

Province is serving a life sentence for murder and armed robbery. Renwick is serving 22 years for second-degree murder and McCluskey is serving 15 years for second-degree murder and other charges.

I think we can all agree that these are some potentially dangerous people to have running loose. They were convicted of these crimes and deserve to be in jail.

Now this next part is what bothers me

The Arizona Department of Corrections and the Flagstaff police said on Saturday that the three disappeared from a medium-security facility and are considered to be armed and dangerous.

Now I think we can all agree based on what these men were convicted of, the fact they used a weapon and took 2 people hostage during their escape, that they should be considered armed and dangerous. My question is... why were the in a medium security facility to begin with? People convicted of the crimes that these men were convicted of, are the whole reason why we have maximum security prisons in the US. These are the people who are supposed to be housed there. So wtf are they doing in a less secure facility?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

didn't you know? medium and minimum security prisons are for child molesters and murderers, the maximum security prisons are for drug dealers. some child molester can touch a kid and get two years probation, but i know a lot of good people who got sent to prison over drugs and got the maximum sentence just because the police think they might look threatening. i'm not talking about a thirty year old career criminal, i'm talking a kid just like your own who made a couple mistakes. well i better trade in my nikes for some pedophile glasses and a rapist moustache because something is really screwy here with our court system. when you get more time for selling weed than rape theres definately something up

[edit on 31-7-2010 by 2weird2live2rare2die]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
CNN reports that one of the men has been captured as of this morning, they suspect that the inmates split up. All I know is that if I lived in AZ and had a family, I would most certainly have a loaded gun within arms reach at all time.

These do not sound like happy people.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldDisorder

Well since I lived there a long time (12 years) doesn't surprise me at all that the incompetent Sheriff's office lost some inmates.

He is so busy chasing helpless defenseless illegal women and children he has long since left the violent criminal element to run amok, yewhhhh yeh there illegals and blahhh blahhhh but they don't fight back so they are the best criminals to go after, he has more wanted fugitives running around Arizona than any other state because they DO NOT ACTIVELY look for them, someone could get hurt.

new topics

top topics

join