It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*New Oil Spill* How many will it take?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Is it just a coincidence that all these "accidents" just so happen to involve oil?The gulf of Mexico..

Then China.
www.bbc.co.uk...

A tugboat causes another leak.
www.winnipegfreepress.com...

A Japanese oil tanker was almost blown up by some unknown mysterious flash!
www.guardian.co.uk...

And now Michigan???
link www.marketwatch.com...

All happened in 2010!

Is it just a coincidence?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This is all common man,

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by XxiTzYoMasterxX

well, as long as corexit is used lol!

maybe these effects will spread.

I don't want to hijack your thread, but the facts on corexit are here (please right click, select new tab so as to still deal with OP) www.abovetopsecret.com... here are the factual effects of corexit, so if OP believes oil spills are spreading around the globe be VERY worried!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythic Chris

"This is all common man"

That's a scary thought.

Are you saying let it be?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It IS all common. All done by the common man.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
there are oil spills all the time.

perhaps there is something, but three spills is evidence of nothing other than three oil spills. Or maybe its evidence that we use more and more oil every year.

but it helps that two of them are on american 'territory', so the media actually tells us about them.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The Gulf
China
Tug boat incident
Michigan
And almost Japan.

Almost 5 in 6 months.

I can't believe how careless the oil industry is.You wonder why people think the governments doing it on purpose?It's things like these.And the lies that usually go with it.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It does seem there been a lot of spills lately. Maybe people are paying attention more about oil spills that make it seem like a lot. There been a lot of earthquakes this year and now big fires.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It is unfortunate that such accidents happen quite often. However those are not rising in numbers, it's just that spills are getting way more coverage than before, same as with earthquakes. People swearing there's a rising number or earthquakes all around the world. Wrong again, it's just the increase in awareness, and if you don't believe the facts you can easily check'em out on the internet.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
And maybe they're purposely causing these "oil spills"??

You can't say it isn't possible.The odds of these "spills" happening all the time are beyond coincidence.

Then to play it off like "it's common" is just...sad.So that's your reply?.."it's common"?

It's not like it's spilled milk here.I don't even spill milk as much as they "spill" oil.How irresponsible these people are.Then to play it off as a "oops" is just evil.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxiTzYoMasterxX
And maybe they're purposely causing these "oil spills"??

You can't say it isn't possible.The odds of these "spills" happening all the time are beyond coincidence.

It's certainly possible. Many things are. But to say it is 'beyond coincidence' is not accurate.

Then to play it off like "it's common" is just...sad.So that's your reply?.."it's common"?

It's not like it's spilled milk here.I don't even spill milk as much as they "spill" oil.How irresponsible these people are.Then to play it off as a "oops" is just evil.

It is common. I know you are referring to someone else, but oil spills happen A LOT. Saying its common isnt to excuse it. Its to add some perspective to the situation.

I dont know about 'evil', either. My dad used to bury our motor oil in a hole in the ground. He did that because his dad did it. Thats pretty destructive, but is it 'evil'?

"Evil" is a concept taught by those who seek to control your mind. There is no evil. Only misguided deeds.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
But saying "it's common" is accepting it as so.

"There has been a lot of oil spills in the last few months".

"It's common".

"Yeah you're right"..so what now??We just leave it at that I guess?

"It's not a conspiracy folks...it's common"..nothing to see here...go back to sleep.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

But saying "it's common" is accepting it as so.

"There has been a lot of oil spills in the last few months".

"It's common".

"Yeah you're right"..so what now??We just leave it at that I guess?

"It's not a conspiracy folks...it's common"..nothing to see here...go back to sleep.

Except that the dialogue went like this:

"Is it just a coincidence that all these "accidents" just so happen to involve oil?"

"It's common".

"Why the hell dont you agree with me?!? You aren't wringing your hands enough for my tastes?!?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I never once disagreed that the spills were common.I was saying it happens to often.

Doesn't matter what the dialogue was.It was obvious that I was adding to it.I was just trying to make a point.I'm sorry "it's common" don't sit right with me.

I don't care if you agree with me.It's obvious you have your mind set...and so do I.You can say "it's common" all you want(sorry I don't agree with you)..I say there's something foul going on.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I understand your stance. It also disturbs me how common these accidents are, however (and fortunately) the earth and it's oceans are still big enough to cope with our stupidity. The same cannot be said for our forests or other natural resources...

The oceans have dealt with natural oil leaks for all these years, so these leaks are not dangerous at all. Yes, of course they'll kill plenty of marine life, but those species will proliferate again, eventually.

As for your mindset, there's nothing anyone can do to change that but yourself.

Oil spills will keep happening as long as oil is still needed for our daily lives.

Unfortunately (and contrary to popular belief) trying to make a change by using your car less often you're only hitting the most popular edge of a thousand edged problem. Giving up on oil means giving up on almost everything but wooden furniture and handmade clothing.

Oil is necessary which means oil spills will keep happening quite regularly with some eventual massive disaster like Ixtoc or this one. HOPEFULLY the industry has learned some lesson with these biggies !

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I don't care if you agree with me.It's obvious you have your mind set...and so do I.You can say "it's common" all you want(sorry I don't agree with you)..I say there's something foul going on.

My mind is most certainly not made up. Its unfortunate that you state yours is. Thats how you keep your mind closed.

Something foul may indeed be going on. Or it may be business as usual, taken out of context by a closed mind.

The point is, you came here and asked a question, and then attacked those who gave an answer you didnt want.

Next time, if you dont want answers, dont ask for them. ATS isnt meant as an echo chamber, it is a forum where people DISCUSS.

Be Well.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Good point with an honest answer deserves respect.I agree with you.

I just can't believe how many oil spills occur each year..it's crazy.And I agree that the reason I've been noticing it more now is because of the Gulf and how they made a huge deal about it.More so then any other leak I've ever heard about.And then the Japan incident where an oil ship was struck by some unknown mysterious flash.It makes one question if there is any shred of decency left in our pathetic species.

new topics

top topics

join