It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosions heard in Mexico - HERE IS THE REAL STORY- Why isn't this on CNN?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bestideayet

wow... i gotta say this is one hell of a story... can't say whether all of it is true coz i live across the pond and don't get to hear of whats going on out on the Mexican border but this sounds real bad situation.

I think i'd have to cross into the USA if i was on the border getting abused and nearly killed.... especially if i had family and no weapons of my own...

Hope the situation can be bought under control!

History books are a bad thing yes?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I got one question...in the age of the internet, why is there little to no footage of incidents around the border and from Mexico? Is it being censored or is it nonexistent?

We all keep "hearing" things and reading reports of violent border clashes, but I have yet to see footage. Indeed, the media is not covering it, but I wouldn't mind some amateur documentation.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
PLEASE send this to all the media outlets and let's see who has the guts to tell the truth on this issue. Horrifying stuff. We are being taken over by criminals. But they say the fish rots from the head down....

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
ohhh you are all just silly, crazy redneck hillbilly racist trying to stir the pot. Why must you pick on the poor mexicans who are only trying to make a better life?? You should be put to death for speaking out like you have! You are obviously just some crazy conspiracy theorist!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
I am sorry, but I very much doubt this piece of anecdotal evidence. Would you put up with this if you lived on this street? You are telling me they walked down the block going house to house at 2am and no one bothered to call the police or shoot them instead? They all just handed over $250?

Let me paint a picture for you.

Imagine when you called the police they A. Didn't show up B. were paid off by the drug cartels or C. too scared to mess with the drug cartels.

Imagine you have a family, imagine that people depend on you to make the right decisions to keep them alive, to put food in their mouths.

Imagine you are poor, and live at the border.

Think about it for a minute before you go breaking out your rambo handbook. These drug cartels have bought out large majorities of the justice system over in mexico, and I'd be here in the US as well. Killing one of these petty drug cartel members isn't a petty crime for them, its a death sentence.

You shoot them, you and your family will disappear. Kidnapping is at a high in places like Arizona, because the drug cartels.

The reason you can't understand how gunmen can come down the street in the middle of the night for "rent" is because your lifestyle lacks one condition theirs has, and that's fear.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

"Explosions heard in Mexico - HERE IS THE REAL STORY- Why isn't this on CNN?"

It appears we need to rely on ATS for news.

www.americanthinker.com...

[edit on 1-8-2010 by quest4info]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The explosions could be getting closer to your house.

Hey, you could end up right in the middle of the explosion.

Explosive new evidence shows ruling of AZ judge illegal
www.examiner.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Wow ATS... Even your mods have resorted to using patronizing responses.

Oh don't mind me I'm just lurking here. A fly on the wall if you will...

...and I will.

By the way, Mexicans are the new Jews. Let that sink in for a moment.
...and I mean that in the most polite way possible.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
I've been called a fool by saying this. America is too big to fail!

Everyone prospers in our great shadow. No way would the world let us fail. That's why I say deficit's probably don't matter. Not to us at least.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Come Clean]

There is a level of truth to what you say, but deficits do matter. To quote social observer Dimitry Orlov, "But one of the best-known fact about empires is that they do collapse. No exceptions."

Here's where I part ways with the most of the NWO believers on ATS: the future of government isn't a single powerful government, but no government.

The US is going to collapse, it's only a matter of when. Notably, when the US does go belly-up, we're going to take a lot of the world with us. The future won't be one of Mad Max or The Book of Ezekiel, but one of the Dark Ages of 476. With the flow of goods being reduced to local market places; other members of the fractured new world simply won't have anything that the producers want. That premise, in terms of the US being a massive consumer economy, puts us at the mercy of others to fund ourselves in terms action. That action could be anything from foreign intervention to economic stimulus.

Hence we cannot police the border without the assistance of others; it is beyond our grasp.

According to Tobler's first law of geography there will be a cascading effect as the violence of Mexico bleeds over into the border states, which will bleed over into other areas.

In short, this is an existential threat to the US, but like terminal cancer we are not in a position to do anything about it. The final refutation of your argument is that while Mexico is a creditor of the United States, they themselves are in no position to shield us from their violence. Despite being necessary to their growth (i.e. "too big to fail") the social rot that plagues them is now infecting the US.

We live in a very fragile state.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by kozmo

Wow I wish for happiness, yours is a strange wish.
Second line reserved for a cool phrase.

(Edit)
Seriously folks, if your hood suffers from roving bands of kids or trained soldiers kicking in doors and the police will do nothing the fix is a simple one.
Kill them all take their weapons and pile them on a corner somewhere.
the police and the bad guys will understand this.
Just because I read about victims does not mean I will be one willingly.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by g146541]

Hey I have some sympathy for this point of view, however...

Isn't it precisely this kind of attitude that has moulded US foreign policy into the wicked and hypocritical demonic entity that it is today? When US troops commit atrocities abroad it should not be surprising that acts similar in nature end up occuring in your own back yard. As I said, you guys have my sympathies and I wouldn't wish this situation upon anyone, but there are some very pertinent reasons why the chickens are coming home to roost. US citizens need to rise up en masse against the criminal US government and return to the principles of the founding fathers. Add to that fair and equitable economic polices and restrictions on corporate power and we could all wake up in a better world.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by spookfish
Isn't it precisely this kind of attitude that has moulded US foreign policy into the wicked and hypocritical demonic entity that it is today?

...US citizens need to rise up en masse against the criminal US government and return to the principles of the founding fathers. Add to that fair and equitable economic polices and restrictions on corporate power and we could all wake up in a better world.

Do those principles include slavery, no granting native americans citizenship, and incomplete census counting? Or how about voting for only property-owning white males, over the age of 21?

As Lewis Carol wrote in Alice in Wonderland:

`Do you mean that you think you can find out the answer to it?' said the March Hare.

'Exactly so,' said Alice.

`Then you should say what you mean,' the March Hare went on.

`I do,' Alice hastily replied; `at least--at least I mean what I say--that's the same thing, you know.'

`Not the same thing a bit!' said the Hatter. `You might just as well say that "I see what I eat" is the same thing as "I eat what I see"!'

`You might just as well say,' added the March Hare, `that "I like what I get" is the same thing as "I get what I like"!'

`You might just as well say,' added the Dormouse, who seemed to be talking in his sleep, `that "I breathe when I sleep" is the same thing as "I sleep when I breathe"!'

I'm not trying to attack you, but simply point out that your reasoning and citation is flawed. Furthermore, the Founding Fathers did have a policy of foreign intervention.

I can cite more, if you like.

So instead of wrapping your rhetoric in a historically flawed overcoat, simply say what you mean. Unfortunately, any attempt at historical revisionism that make the Founding Fathers 'better' disparage any further argument you may have.

Moreover, the US government isn't criminal (they make and enforce the laws and have Sovereign Immunity for self-compliance), but it could be failing to represent the population adequately. It's not so much as voting in the right people -since so many Americans have differing opinions- but having enough volume to represent the people.

Might I suggest, if government reform is a passion of yours, to get involved in the Thirty-Thousand project.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
That's really messed up.
It makes you wonder why the US government is just letting this happen

Are you serious? We have issues within the US border that we need to take care of first, before we go meddling in another country's drug war.

Besides all of that, US gov't will always be in a sort of catch 22. If we did do something about it, there would be thousands of people saying we were Unjust, and shouldn't be trying to "force" our way on anyone.
Now that we do nothing we are called lazy...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Yes, and don't you wonder exactly what would happen if an American Homeowner with a high powered rifle took down one of those Mexican Military Helos?
Is there some law that we are not allowed to fire upon invading foreign military?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
So, another day and a Sunday no less without an update of footage.

I'm one minute away from calling bs on the op.

He regurgitated a link that another member was kind enough to post to my question. Thanks by the way.

I hope this isn't just another tall tale. OP?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Laredo Violence, Lack of Border Security? Blame NAU and NAFTA Superhighway! After reading this post I thought this idea should be expanded upon so I made a new post here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is a connection there and we need to explore that more.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It's kind of funny how the media isn't giving any notice to this at all. A few days ago on TIME, I read an article that was about the safety of our borders. Apparently they're very safe right now.

www.time.com...

[edit on 1-8-2010 by wlffmn27]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I've finally caught up reading this thread, and it's obvious that a lot of Americans don't really get what's on in Mexico. Hands down, it is dangerous, people saying 'why don't they call the police?' In Mexico you can't just call the police, they are bought. The government is bought by these drug cartels, and anyone (I MEAN ANYONE) that gets in the way will be killed, they're spouse, children, anyone they can get that is close to you will get killed.

I have family over there especially in this little town. And as of now it's controlled by what they call 'Los Zetas' and man they are the worst. Once zetas are in your area it's the plague, my family says that the town they're is in their control. And when I say control I mean, they find out what stores make money, or what family has money and how they make it or where they get it. And then they charge rent (Like the OP said; they go to people's homes/stores and make people give them 'rent' for living in their own home (or what they sell they can only sell that, they can't sell anything else) if they don't; they kidnap/kill them. This is so very true).

I wish I could talk about this in detail, but I already feel like I'm rambling, but I just wanted to point out to people that it's not easy to defend yourself from them. They will get you, and torture you (someone that owed them (drug-dealers) money, kidnapped the man and put him in a those big metal bins with hot boiling oil and fried him alive basically) and if you're lucky they kill you quickly.

And on a note, there are some zetas already on this side of the border, especially in one of Texas' big cities, and that is bad news.

Quick info on los zetas en.wikipedia.org...

And to the OP, you have to be very careful when you go out and investigate. I am telling you now, you can't trust anyone in Mexico right now.

Sorry, one last quick info. The reason why there isn't a lot of media coverage on this problem is because if a news source (especially in Mexico) like a TV station tries to shed light on what they're doing these guys will take them down. There was a story some time ago where a news station was reporting on what they were doing (drug dealers/cartels) and they're station was bombed to make them shut up about it, and they did.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I think American drug dealers should look to the diamond industry for advice. Diamonds from unethical sources are now referred to as blood diamonds. So all American meth dealers need to do is form a lobby group and start an ad campaign stating that they only use ethical American manufactured meth.

Don't use blood meth kids! While destroying your life don't destroy another country at the same time!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

BestIdeaYet, Bill O'Reilly on Fox is very aware that there is a war in Mexico. He's mentioned it a number of times over several months -- and that the Mexican government is in danger of being overthrown by the drug cartels.

Remember back in May, Obama promised Arizona 1500 National Guard troops along the border by August 01, 2010. Now Obama says the troops are NOT coming until OCTOBER.

Arizona Governor Jan Brewer asked for 5,000 troops after an American rancher was murdered on his own property by Mexican drug traffickers.

Count on Obama to renege on a promise and leave Americans in imminent danger.

SeaWind

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I understand this is my first post here but I have to comment on this. I respect your positions on this subject but I feel this is what's wrong with the U.S. as a whole. We are worrying about what is happening in other countries and places rather than what is going on here. Truthfully, if Mexico can't control themselves then it's their own problem. If they bring that stuff here then we can start taking care of it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join