It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosions heard in Mexico - HERE IS THE REAL STORY- Why isn't this on CNN?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+62 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
So, I am posting this after getting calls all night last night about explosions going on in the border, more specifically Nuevo Laredo. I'll rewind a bit first.

I grew up in Laredo,TX the United States side of the Laredos, and have always had my family and friends here. I moved to Austin for schooling and just stayed there, but visit occasionally to see my parents, grandparents, etc. Well, I took this weekend to go ahead and come to Laredo to visit, and take it from a lifetime resident: it has gotten BAD. It's never been "really" good, but I could walk into Mexico and grab a cheap beer, buy some novelties, and walk back without incident.

So... I had a conversation yesterday with my mother and some friends who came by her house to say hi to me. We all talked about the situation, and every single person had some VERY interesting things to say.

To start, no ranches were taken over. That was false. I think they had put out word that they were going to start (they=drug cartels) taking over ranches, but nothing had happened. What caught my attention was the fact that in South Laredo, where we are closest to Mexico geographically, there are actual snipers on the Mexico side 24/7. My friend said if I had guts I could go and try to see them, they are on roof tops with rifles. No guts I told him. Another thing is, my mom said that DAILY there are mexican military helicopters flying around in US airspace over her house, flying SO LOW you can read the serial numbers. i don't know what the laws of airspace are, but I am pretty sure that's not kosher, to have military copters flying in the US. My friend's aunt had her house in Nuevo Laredo broken into at 2am last week, guns drawn, demanding $250 dollars for "rent" or she'd get shot. She didn't have the cash and the people who broke in told her if she didn't have it by the next day, to expect her and her kids shot. She had to sell her tv and dining set to get the cash. The guys who broke in were no more than 16-17, fully-automatic weapons, and they were going house to house to either get the money or make threats.

There have been 103 murders in 2010. That averages to about 15 murders per MONTH, or one every 2 days. This is going on literally 1/4 mile from the United States, and I man LITERALLY. The bridge itself is only about 1/4 mile, and that is all that separates the two land masses. On certain areas it's a few yards separation. Well last night around 3am, a friend of mine who lives about 2 miles from the border heard TWO different explosions. I got 2 more calls at the same time from two more people asking if I had heard them. I didn't, but it's been verified.

I wish I had time to post all of the stories I am hearing. I have no idea why this is not top news on CNN. If there's car bombs in Somalia, or close to the US Embassy in Thailand, it's breaking news. People are having their homes BROKEN INTO, being robbed, pistol-whipped, shot at, living in FEAR, within WALKING DISTANCE to the UNITED STATES.. The majority of the people are just hard working Mexican citizens trying to make an honest buck. US Citizens have been kidnapped already, gotten beheaded, and the media has said that they were involved in drug trafficking. Well, that is a LIE, because two of the girls were my neighbors, and they were the FARTHEST from anyting related to crime!

Where is Anderson Cooper? Where are the news media? Why doesn't anyone care that there is a WAR going on so close to our border? And make NO MISTAKE, it is a WAR!

I am here for a few days, and I will try to get video/pictures of the real story. Consider me your eye on the Mexico situation while I am here. I am going to be traveling to different locations that friends of mine have deemed "safe houses" and going to see what I can find out. Maybe if I can get enough information this will get the attention it needs. I HATE, just HATE hearing stories like the one that happened to my friend's aunt. I am sure it is happening to hundreds of people, but with an average population that doesn't read or write very well, let alone use a computer, they have no voices. It's so sad, it's the wild west all over again, but this time war is being waged with automatic weapons and grenades. Someone threw a live grenade into a soccer field and killed a child a few days ago. They're taking buses over, killing the drivers and people who are "too slow" to get out, and blockading streets. NOTHING IS BEING DONE ABOUT THIS!

Enough is enough, sorry I ranted at the end but this really does get to me when innocent lives are being taken, rights are being stripped of the citizens, and no one is even listening to these poor people because their government has forgotten about them. I'll answer any questions anyone has and post updates here.

Some info:

Mod Note: Caution, graphic content on this link.
Child Killed in Nuevo Laredo grenade attack

Who is stealing Laredo's young people?

[edit on 7/31/2010 by bestideayet]

[edit on 2/8/10 by argentus]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
That's really messed up.
It makes you wonder why the US government is just letting this happen, and maybe the news isn't reporting it because they are run by the government.
I think the stuff that gets out on the news is the stuff the government lets out, so people don't realize who runs the stations, and manages what they hear about.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Send CNN and all the other MSM the story and see what happens.

This kind of news at the border has been being surpressed for maybe decades and most certainly for the last 10 years.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Please keep any and all info you can get coming our way.

This stuff NEEDS to get out, and fast!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
"My friend's aunt had her house in Nuevo Laredo broken into at 2am last week, guns drawn, demanding $250 dollars for "rent" or she'd get shot. She didn't have the cash and the people who broke in told her if she didn't have it by the next day, to expect her and her kids shot. She had to sell her tv and dining set to get the cash. The guys who broke in were no more than 16-17, fully-automatic weapons, and they were going house to house to either get the money or make threats."

I am sorry, but I very much doubt this piece of anecdotal evidence. Would you put up with this if you lived on this street? You are telling me they walked down the block going house to house at 2am and no one bothered to call the police or shoot them instead? They all just handed over $250?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve

I am sorry, but I very much doubt this piece of anecdotal evidence. Would you put up with this if you lived on this street? You are telling me they walked down the block going house to house at 2am and no one bothered to call the police or shoot them instead? They all just handed over $250?
\

The sad thing about it is, yes, they have to. The police and FBI are all bought and paid for. If it weren't for the first-hand accounts, I would definitely second guess his story. I can get him on video talking about it, he gets out of work later. To answer your questions, I would HAVE to put up with this if there was no one to call for help and I had no weapons. The people are in a constant state of fear, many on both sides of the border. It's never been as bad as it is right now. I am currently rounding up a few people and we are going to see what is going on. Calling the police in mexico is USELESS. The media is under constant bombardment. Its a WARZONE!

Check this out...
www.ksat.com...
this was yesterday...
I will resume updates as I get them... thanks for the replies more people need to hear about this.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I`d have me some new weapons if they did that here. Their weapons. Believe me they wouldn`t need them anymore.
No police needed.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Lucidity, I am headed out now, hopefully I can get something on camera or talk to more people. PM me and let me know where I should send the stories, and I will do so. Someone somewhere needs to hear about this.. It is SAD

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
" To start no ranches were taken over. that was false" why would you include that? to me that greatly reduces any credibilty (no more so than my spelling). And yes I am aware of the thread that you speak of.
Don't bother calling CNN, there all at Chelesy's wedding stuffing there faces with free food. And the jr reporters are at Robert Gibbs house doing yard work.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by nocents]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
All I suggest is to gather some local people and organize them. Keep making videos and share it on internet. There are many professionals that will eventually contact your organization. And believe me, your efforts will pay off. But you have to be organized to make it easier for professionals to contact you. Provide them some shelter and food and local help of security. You will be surprised how the help will reach you.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Ummmm, so.... where are the explosions as advertised in the title of said thread?
Full on story sounds like fearmongering.
Thanks but I have more important things to fear like Sasquatch, Chupacabra and Loch Ness monsters.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Believe it or not there are places that law enforcement are reluctant to go into. Yes they may have to go into these places, but only when they are heavily armed and alot of them. And now with the way things are going I will bet that there may be a place that officers are really happy about going into in your community. Just because you don't know these places doesn't mean it is not there.Law enforcement will tell you they are out gunned when it comes to weapons on the street. This is very plausible that these neighborhoods are taken over. It happens with gangs in housing projects and with street gangs all the time.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I believe this is the explosion.

Unidentified released yesterday from a moving car a grenade at the premises of the Televisa network in the northern city of Nuevo Laredo, Causing no casualties but damage to two vehicles, officials said.

The city government , through its Twitter account , confirmed that the Republic Avenue in the neighborhood InfonavitWhere are located the offices of the television business , there was " a risk of detonation . "

www.impre.com...

In Spanish translated with Google.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
start a Facebook fan page and post as many videos to YouTube as you can, especially eyewitness accounts. do it now and it will go viral and then...

no one will be able to ignore the truth.

btw - start more than one fan page so "they" can't turn it off.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
WOW!

What is going on in that country? It is out of controll, Big time!!!

Something has to give there. I think this is all for the North American Union.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I just found the event on CNN.

The Mexican CNN.

mexico.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I am familiar with the reports that you are stating. It confirms what I thought, that it is not a false flag, but a diversion tactic. Though the lack of information from the media is not surprising, as I would believe that both the Mexican and the United States governments are in the process of trying to censor all reports, to prevent mass panic and from this getting way out of hand. Pictures and video would be good, especially if you can release it onto the internet, and to send it to as many different news agencies as you can, and right onto Youtube would be good and to ATS itself. The more noise that you and others, who know what is going on can be brought up, the more chances that there will be action that takes effect. The reports of military helicopters flying down in that area is not new, though the question is why is no one doing anything.
The only thing that can force the local and federal authorities is to act.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Boy, I sure do wish those punks would show up at my house looking for "rent"! I'd give it to 'em alright, but it would be in pure lead!!!
They'd have to bring in a forklift to remove their bodies!

If the federal government can't or won't find a way to deal with this, then they had better prepare for citizens to take things into their own hands. I am willing, ready and able... and far, FAR from alone!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Build a fence yet?

How about Border Patrol?

Weren't National Guard being sent to the Border?

Well maybe start laying out some booby traps and landmines. Then put some night watchmen with thermal scoped sniper rifles on duty. Also, maybe you want to look into getting some surface to air missiles for those helicopters.

That'll get some attention down there.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by Myendica]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

"My friend's aunt had her house in Nuevo Laredo broken into at 2am last week, guns drawn, demanding $250 dollars for "rent" or she'd get shot. She didn't have the cash and the people who broke in told her if she didn't have it by the next day, to expect her and her kids shot. She had to sell her tv and dining set to get the cash. The guys who broke in were no more than 16-17, fully-automatic weapons, and they were going house to house to either get the money or make threats."

It could be an extremely poor neighborhood, and with no money, no one can buy guns that they need to protect themselves. and besides, are you gonna take a .38 snubby for home defense after a couple guys with machine guns just broke into your place, and caugtht you with your pants down? Its a rhetorical question, but let me answer it for you anyways. NO your not going to charge out in the street after these guys. YOur out gunned, and now livng in fear of reprisal for your familys life. And also I ask with another rhetoric question. If you have no money, could you buy a phone? Let me answer that one for ya too. You probably cant afford a phone. So Ya, lets get back down to reality pal. These guys are probably going house to house, or at least every couple houses! It would be like taking candy from a baby. And a lot of these teen gang bangers down there already got their cherrys popped for cappin people. A teenager usually has an immortal mentality anyways. and if they get killed, they died in honor for the gang, and guess what!!!! two more kids will pop up doing the same $#!+. Its a vicious circle, and wont be stopped until some group has enough man power and fire power to confront these goons face to face.

GUNSHOOTER OUT!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join