It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Saddam being set free???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
is he??? I was watching the news the other morning, and i heard that Saddam hasn't been charged with anything, and he could be set free. Would the American government do that?

Personally, i think they should have fried his Western-hating a*s. Then they wouldn't be in this mess. Would America seriously let him go?

[edit on 18-6-2004 by AliensExist182]

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I dunno but i smell something fishy about this capturing him and not charging him seems like he and Bush reached a secret deal of some sort maybe

"You tell me where the WMD are and where Osama is hiding and will let you go"

[edit on 18-6-2004 by drunk]

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Maybe it has something to do with him being a former CIA asset (Saddam first became involved with U.S. intelligence agencies at the start of the September 1980 Iran-Iraq war, his first contacts with U.S. officials date back to 1959, when he was part of a CIA-authorized six-man squad tasked with assassinating then Iraqi Prime Minister Gen. Abd al-Karim Qasim.
www.informationclearinghouse.info... ),
and they have plans to utilize him later, under the guise of an Iraq prosecution.

Makes one wonder doesn't it, considering the CIA connection, webs with binny boy too...

[edit on 18-6-2004 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Good information you shared 'Advisor'

Along with Saddam being a CIA man at one point Bin Laden too was used by the CIA. Two of the most wanted people and Bin Laden is still hiding somewhere we are led to believe and its been documented on a news channel that Saddam hasnt been charged and stuff.

Something fishy alright

Rynaldo

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
If the U.S. doesn't charge and convict Saddam of anything, then he will most likely get out of jail at some point. Unless they kill him in prison and call it a heart attack or something.

Anyway, if the U.S. brings up no charges and the Iraqis are left to deal with him, its highly doubtful anybody will be willing to testify against Saddam given the extreme likelihood of retribution. So really, unless something happens to Saddam while in prison awaiting trial, I doubt he will ever be convicted on anything.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Have they done a DNA test on that flea bitten mongrel they have in custody?? What is even to say that is him? If it is...he'll never stand trial over there. Once our back is turned they will put him in power again. They aren't intelligent enough to run a democracy..

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
It would be rather ironic if Saddam had some very incriminating evidence about past relationship with past U.S governments that if allowed to go to trial might compromise our government or even get some people convicted...

Dang I predicted his release weeks ago in prediction section! Maybe I was right lol.

X

[edit on 19-6-2004 by Xeven]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AliensExist182
is he??? I was watching the news the other morning, and i heard that Saddam hasn't been charged with anything, and he could be set free. Would the American government do that?

Personally, i think they should have fried his Western-hating a*s. Then they wouldn't be in this mess. Would America seriously let him go?

Saddam isn't from America, so what right do they have to hold him?

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I believe he will be put to trial, as has been said, in the newly liberated Iraq...

It would be very interesting to see just how many former CIA pawns were now enemies... Or was that the whole point of many of them?

Besides which, any court will have a hard time finding evidence against Saddam. In fact...

www.drudgereport.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surreal_Rain

Originally posted by AliensExist182

Saddam isn't from America, so what right do they have to hold him?

Their helping Sadaam from himself
Have fun with that one

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
dunno if this has been posted before, but there is some good info in THIS link about how freeing Saddam would help restore order in Iraq - basically, the Shi'ites hated the americans due to them abandoning them after Gulf War 1, but feared punishment once again from Saddam if he drove the US out of Iraq successfully. Now Saddam is gone, the fear is gone and they are now in revolt against the US.

Interesting stuff.

But I say lock the ba$tard up and throw away the key.

[edit on 20-6-2004 by narmus]

top topics

join