It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Your rights ... have been suspended."

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Reply to harblargh

If you wish to register your vehicle, then that is your choice. If you wish to obtain a license, that is your choice. Wishing to force others to do so with the force of law because of your anxieties and fears is unacceptable.

Remember "With the CONSENT of the governed". Otherwise it's fascism.

You can not place restrictions on RIGHTS.

I too have fears if ignorance behind the wheel or a gun. However as I wish to not have my rights restricted, I must honor the rights of others.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by mryanbrown]

To Add...

Let's say we keep licenses under your "model". For safety purposes.

This still grants the government an adhesion contract granting them the right to revoke your license at any time for any reason.

Fail to pay a ticket for a cracked window? License revoked..

Just a "scenario" after all...

The point is that once you allow footing to restrict rights, you ultimately lose your rights to the whim of the government. Which as we can clearly see, is not the will of the people but rather that of revenue collection for federalist profit.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz
reply to post by endisnighe

Fantastic posts you two!
Truly informative links and info I'm still making my way through.
Between the two of you this thread has turned into a goldmine of information and insight - So much to be learned from both posts I've got them on bookmark so I can revisit the links.

Though I was familiar with the barbaric treatment of the Japanese, I was unaware of so many changes to the Executive Orders and Patriot Acts, specifically Is The Patriot Act Upgrade of the McClairn Act? (your link)

Especially interesting (to me) were the points made concerning the following quote by Endisnighe:

Now, in Constitutional Governance, you are GUARANTEED a republic as laid out in the Constitution. Each State is allowed to foment their own Constitution. As long as it does not DIRECTLY deviate from the original Constitution of the united States of America. Thereby each county and city is also restricted by both the US Constitution and the State Constitution.

As a citizen of your REPUBLIC, you should actually know your own Republic Constitution.

For years I mistakenly assumed that the US Constitution was the law of the land. It is, but your state (Republic) Constitution is actually MORE important. There are things that I am finding in my state Constitution that are blowing my mind.

Definitely something I'll be looking into. Thanks for the heads up. I too thought the Constitution as an end all - and through it is - as you've so eloquently pointed out - there's MORE here that will 'blow your mind'.

Question is, now armed with the above information, is there anything in the State Constitution (of the State in question) that reflects any validity to what the said Mayor purports as being law? Or is he correct (who knows?) when he flatly states he's breaking the law and will continue to do so? That part is a bit confusing.

Thanks you two...

peace

reply to post by Exuberant1reply to post by Megiddodiddo

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d232fcbf7f4.jpg[/atsimg]
peace

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by fred call
reply to post by Wolfenz

The chickens have come home to roost and the Americans are racists for bombing Hiroshima...........Jeremiah Wright

Spoken like a True Neo-CON as your Profile Shows

True The bomb wasn't necessary it was a propaganda Power Trip Act..

Im talking about American Born Citizens taking there rights away just Just because the People that is the same race as them that lives in the same country where their descendants are from (Japan Germany) have cause destruction to the country they(Japanese Americans )(German Americans) were born and raised in... (uSA) Wow maybe Eisenhower Should been in a Interment camp because his Grand Parents were from Germany

Maybe we Should round up Afgans Iraqi descendants Iranian? too
ahh hell just say the whole Middle East... put them in Interment Camps opps i mean Fema Camps hey that something maybe its for the descendants of the Middle east , and some Political & Civil Activist

Even Tho The Majority on those 4 Plane's of that dread day of September 11th of 2001 were mostly from Saudi Arabia and a one from Egypt !!! and one for Lebanon!!

America has dark past as well we wish to forget.... Slavery, Native Americans Slaughter for Homeland and Relocation , KKK is Just a Few

My Guess your the type that thinks that everyone in Iran is a Muslim !
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Hijackers of 911
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

So, you served in World War Two. You were in the First Infantry Division waiting to invade the beaches of Japan.

You knew that there was a projection of at least a million casualties before you got off the beaches.

You're odds of surviving the invasion of Japan was thin.

Oh, wait. You were one of the Americans who died during the Bataan Death Markc.

That was you......No, that wasn't you. I was thinking of someone else.

Never mind: The chickens have come home to roost and Americans are racists for having bombed Hiroshima.....Jeremiah Wright.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by fred call

Was there any point to this? I'm beyond confused. Like the post completely derails attention from the topic as a whole.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

Hang on....I'm not sure to which post of mine you are replying to. I have you confused with someone else.

Which post of mine were you replying and I can reply to your reply....

[edit on 1-8-2010 by fred call]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I didn't write it. But more importantly is that both sides were ignorant, unlawful, and horrendous.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Okay, I'm taking a guess here at what you are referring.

I earlier said that it is Louisiana state law that if a Louisian police officer asks if you have a weapon in your possession, you are required by state law to answer.

Like I said, that's the Louisiana state law. Whether you like it or not. It's the law.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I don't think anyone has an issue with identifying they have a weapon to police. I think the issue is when an officer unlawfully seizes that property without warrant.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Okay, once again....according to Louisiana state law, the police officer is allowed to disarm you.

That's Louisiana state law. Whether you like it or not. It's the law.

Laws can be changed. Obama is doing it all the time. And he isn't even asking congress to be part of his law changing. That's what Obama's Change is all about.

When in Louisiana, I guess you do what the Louisiana law and police say to do.

If you've got an alternative, well, have you tried it in Louisiana?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

You can pass whatever you want as *law*. That doesn't make it Lawful. Both the LA constitution and federal constitution clearly state a warrant is required to seize property.

If you are wearing your weapon and being arrested, an officer may disarm you. Not TAKE your property. (EDIT: To clarify they can take it with them as your "personal belongings" but must hand it back when you are released. I concede to this.)

An officer may not disarm you if you are being detained. That's the constitution, the basis for which all further laws must adhere to. (EDIT: I still hold this to be true)

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Wolfenz

So, you served in World War Two. You were in the First Infantry Division waiting to invade the beaches of Japan.

You knew that there was a projection of at least a million casualties before you got off the beaches.

You're odds of surviving the invasion of Japan was thin.

Oh, wait. You were one of the Americans who died during the Bataan Death Markc.

That was you......No, that wasn't you. I was thinking of someone else.

Never mind: The chickens have come home to roost and Americans are racists for having bombed Hiroshima.....Jeremiah Wright.

here read some literature
was Hiroshima necessary
A Secret Memorandum
www.ihr.org...

Soviet Declaration of War on Japan – Aug., 8, 1945
historicalresources.org...

Attempts to deal with the Soviet Union (read all from this point down!!!!)
en.wikipedia.org...

or was it that Truman Fear the Soviets that was pushing to declared war on japan then 2 days after the bombing Hiroshima fearing that the Soviets will get their first and own the big chunk of the Pie and declare the surrender of Japan ! then whamo Nagasaki .....

can we be be on topic now thanks

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by harblargh
Some unlicensed, 95 pound, 14 year old girl getting behind the wheel of an unregistered car after getting piss-drunk off half a Bacardi Breezer and running down some poor schmuck while he stands on his lawn waiting for his dog to finish going to the bathroom is not my idea of a feel-good story. Especially if there's no way to track her down, thanks to a lack of registration.

Or what about that seven year old kid who lead the police on a forty-five minute chase through town, narrowly avoiding several accidents, because he didn't want to go to church with his parents?
[edit on 1-8-2010 by harblargh]

Well? In my opinion. That's because parents don't beat their kids enough anymore. But that's a different story.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Well, now, see there.....you got a distinct problem.

With Obama, law isn't a law unless Obama says it's a law. And Obama can change the law at his whim. Without congress's approval.

So, you want to talk law, when law in the morning may not be thet same law at night. Because law is a toy that Obama plays with.

Meanwhile, you're standing there being questioned by a police officer and you no longer know what the law is, because Obama may have changed that law on you five minutes before.

Well, ain't we having fun with law in Obama's American anymore....

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Philosophize all you want. Hiroshima and Nagasaki both happened. As did Pearl Harbor. Guadalcanal. Iwo Jima, Etc. Etc.

You might consider spending a little more of your time accepting what has happened, as well as accepting what you can't change. And you can't change that Hiroshima and Nagasaki happened.

I mean, if you want to join Jeremiah Wright in condemning racist as what has happened, sounds to me like you might consider finding another preacher who is more up to date.

But, then again, it's your choice what you do with your time.

I mean, it's great you can read about history you weren't a part of....but.....

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Megiddodiddo

Exactly what video beating are you alluding too? I watched the video twice and did not see a single blow struck.

[edit on 063131p://pm3107 by debris765nju]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by harblargh

Uh-huh. You're all for gun ownership just as long as it is treated as a privilege and not a right and registration is required just like a vehicle, huh? Thanks for sharing you're opinion, brother. As dangerous as that opinion is, I will fight tooth and nail for your right to express it.

I wouldn't.

Maybe twenty years ago I would defend him - but people like him have ruined this country. There are plenty of other opinions which need defending, the statists need no help.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Wolfenz

Philosophize all you want. Hiroshima and Nagasaki both happened. As did Pearl Harbor. Guadalcanal. Iwo Jima, Etc. Etc.

You might consider spending a little more of your time accepting what has happened, as well as accepting what you can't change. And you can't change that Hiroshima and Nagasaki happened.

I mean, if you want to join Jeremiah Wright in condemning racist as what has happened, sounds to me like you might consider finding another preacher who is more up to date.

But, then again, it's your choice what you do with your time.

I mean, it's great you can read about history you weren't a part of....but.....

what ? yeah it happened the American Government Knew about the Peace Talks before but it Happened

Bomb Hiroshima was Civilian City Nagasaki Civilian City the Ones you mentioned Peal Harbor Military Base , Iwo Jima Battleground Civilian evacuated Moved , Guadalcanal big ass Airfield Japanese Base/Battleground

Attacking Japan Could of been Prevented if the Big 6 Had Not Stopped The Emperor of Japan Speaking Sooner as Peace Talks with the Soviets would of Turned...

Here Relearn Some History
10 Facts About the Atomic Bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
www.listfied.com...

Yeah i know about WW2 , I have known some People that were there..
I can get the Info I need from them but your right i wasn't there but old clips from Reels & Articles News Papers etc... still exist ...

but i wasn't there to see the Atrocity Aftermath of the Bombing s i wasn't there to hear the sounds or or it Smelled Like

but i know Someone that was There just after the Surrender.of Japan . and what he said to me of what he saw a Relation Grandmothers Brother

I know someone that saw The Aftermath of Dachau and was in Patton s Army as a Pontoon Bridge (Baily bridge) Engineering Group that went everywhere Patton went and was at the Bridge of Remagen
My Grandfather..

Ohh Here some Quotes of People well known that Disagreed with the Bombing .... and the Sources of the Quotes in the Articles
www.doug-long.com...

In a Newsweek interview, Eisenhower again recalled the meeting with Stimson: "...the Japanese were ready to surrender and it wasn't necessary to hit them with that awful thing." - Ike on Ike, Newsweek, 11/11/63

about Wright well... I don't listen to Reverend's , Preachers Evangelist, from the start Im not Religious I do not Worship but i do love Researching about Mythology with Religion Am i a Atheist nope I do have a belief there some Higher being a ( Creator ) I set my own Rules ... I dont Use
The God History & Instruction Book (Holy Bible) as it was made
(put together) by Hebrew & Roman Human Hands .. of the Council of Nicaea

Let get on Topic ! ok... '
' stop Trolling
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back on Topic !

Well speaking of JAPAN! on the Subject of Civil Rights!

Well Does Japan Have More Rights than the USA ?
www.solon.org...

Some of those rights we need here in the states !

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by harblargh

if you are referring to me and what i wrote !

I said Driving is a Privilege NOT A Right! Fact Limitations

and you have no Civilian Rights it more like Privileges !
Comparison ....

did you not see what i wrote about the Japanese Americans of 1942
Interment Camps !!! Civil Rights Research That!

Ignorance is Bliss

Gun Rights or should it be a Privilege say how about Rights for Defense & Hunting === Privilege for Attack during Peace Time ! all with a Criminal Violent only Background check of course..
yeah a Right for Sane Non violent People that are needed to be taught a Required (course) how to Use a Pistol , Rifle, Shotgun , Machine gun , Anti-Aircraft gun & Cannon's The Right Way!! and a course in how to AIM at a Baker & Body Targets and where to hit for the most Damage !

Just in case a Attack of a Enemy, Terrorist , War Enemy , Invaders ,Raiders , Intruders & Trespassers (Texas Only) Etc...

I could of Gone through what you did about 14 year olds & granny's with guns but i would be here all day .....

Maybe we Should have the Law of the West reinstated ! Free For All zone !
except in Towns and Villages of course! boy that would reduce the Population quickly ! would it not ?

Code of the West Re-enactment of the Gunfight at the O.K. Corral A new code of behavior was becoming acceptable in the West. People no longer had a duty to retreat when threatened. This was a departure from British common law that said you must have your back to the wall before you could protect yourself with deadly force.[132] In 1876 an Ohio court held if attacked you were not “obligated to fly”. The Indiana Supreme Court upheld the legality of ‘no duty to retreat”.[133] The code of the West dictated that a man did not have to back away from a fight. He could also pursue an adversary even if it resulted in death. He needed to retreat no further than “the air at his back

Code of the west!!
en.wikipedia.org...

you get star for that ! for totally misunderstanding what i Said !

Thanks for the Post though I should worded a little Better..

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by Megiddodiddo

That happens when people vote in a democrat sorry to say. There are SOME democrats that might believe in the right of citizens to own and posses firearms, but the mayority don't believe in this right.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

Yeah. Because it was Obama that enlisted the military to start confiscating weapons after Katrina.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join