It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Your rights ... have been suspended."

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Totalitarianism In One City: Shreveport's Gun-Grabbing Mayor

Any time a motorist is stopped by a police officer, insists Shreveport, Louisiana Mayor Cedric Glover, "Your rights ... have been suspended." This includes not only the freedom of movement, but also, in the event the officer inquires as to whether the driver is carrying a weapon, "Your right to be able to hold on to your weapon and say whether [you] have a weapon or not" -- as well as the right to retain possession of that weapon, should the officer decide to confiscate it from you.

Should you choose not to answer the question, or answer it in the negative, the officer could still choose, "in the interest of officer safety, to secure you in a safe position" -- this most likely means outside the car with your hands cuffed behind your back -- "and then do an appropriate inspection of your vehicle." The phrase "appropriate inspection" is more honestly rendered "Unconstitutional warrantless search."

Should the police officer then turn up a firearm or other weapon in the car, the driver "would be guilty or potentially guilty of even a more severe offense" than whatever he had allegedly done to precipitate the traffic stop, according to Mayor Glover. Police officers, according to Glover, are invested with "a power that the President of the United States does not have ... and that is the ability to be able to suspend your rights."

This is "one of the things that I say to each and every one of the police officers who graduates from the Shreveport Police Academy since I've been mayor." Fortunately for the public, one supposes, Mr. Glover remembers the lesson that Peter Parker learned from his kindly and sagacious uncle Ben -- that is, with great power comes great responsibility. "You have to understand there is a great deal of power that is vested within ... the law enforcement personnel of this country," Glover insists. "It's why there is a great deal of responsibility that has to go along with it."

Glover offered those remarkable observations, and many others like them, in a recorded phone call with Shreveport resident Robert Baillio. Mr. Baillio had called to complain about a recent traffic stop in which an SPD officer, who-- before dealing with any other matter of business -- asked if Baillio had a firearm, then temporarily seized it from him.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

DMCA: Digital Millennium Copyright Act

continued...

[edit on Sun Aug 1 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Traffic stop raises gun rights question, Mayor responds

An online campaign is underway, claiming that when you come to Shreveport, your "rights will be suspended." It all started with a traffic stop on a Friday night a month ago. Even though Robert Baillio was never cited, and his gun was never confiscated, his story and a secretly recorded telephone conversation with Shreveport Mayor Cedric Glover has been burning up the blogosphere.

Here is an excerpt of what happened in Baillio's own words, as posted on Conservative.Drink.com:

"Right after I stopped, I got out of my truck and walked toward the tailgate. I kept my hands where he could see them and I stopped right there by the back bumper. Right there I was directly in his headlights, and I wanted to be sure he could see that I wasn't carrying any kind of weapon, and I didn't pose any type of threat to him. Well he got out of his vehicle and walked toward me. He stopped a little short of what I'd consider conversation distance, and he looked at me and said, "Do you have any firearms in your vehicle?" I didn't really expect him to ask me that. And I didn't know why he asked, but I answered and said "Yes"

He asked where they were. And I really didn't understand why he was asking me these questions. But I told him the truth, and I said "My pistol is between the drivers seat and the console. He instantly turned and walked to the drivers side door, opened it, and removed my pistol. I stayed at the back of the truck. He approached me, held my HK 45 Compact up, and dropped the magazine. He then asked if there was a shell in the chamber, and I said, "Yes sir, there is." He ejected it onto the ground, locked the slide back, and walked back to his patrol unit and got in it.

continued.....

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

It is his attitudes toward civilian firearms ownership and the plenary power of police, not his ethnicity or any similar accident of birth, that would make Glover a very suitable ruler of any of the scores of squalid Third World thugocracies represented in the UN. According to Glover, a police officer may properly disarm any civilian at any time, and the civilian's duty is to surrender his gun -- willingly, readily, cheerfully, without cavil or question. This is because police officers, as numinous beings anointed by the Holy State, exude the essence of pure goodness and would never commit acts of criminal violence against disarmed civilians.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/262030a30c52.jpg[/atsimg]

Tell that to Angela Garbarino, a woman who was arrested by the SPD last year for DWI and wound up lying in a pool of her own blood after being "subdued" in a police holding cell.

freedominourtime.blogspot.com...

NOTE: at the end of this video, do you notice the amount of blood lying on the floor around this woman?

In April, Jasmine M. Winston filed a civil rights suit against the City of Shreveport.

A lawsuit filed by Darlene Atkins in 2006 claims that Willis put a gun to the head of her son Dillion Freeman following a brief pursuit and threatened to shoot Dillion if any of his family approached him.

In 2007, eight SPD officers were arrested for various offenses, including perjury, falsification of official reports, falsifying tickets, DWI, drug charges, and maintaining an "inappropriate" on-line relationship with an underage girl.

Oddly enough, Cedric Glover didn't mention the corruption roiling in the SPD when, roughly a year ago, he vetoed a police retention plan that included a pay raise.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4bf09c02620e.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is Cedric, in case you wanted to know...

This post is in support of my recent posts listed below, that champion the cause of Gun Rights Advocacy:

H.R. 2159, the Disarming American Citizens Act

Congress is set to vote on ban of private gun sales!!

THIS is the very reason why we need Guns... to protect us from criminal activities such as this that occur in premeditated "ABOVE THE LAW" incidents...

[edit on 1-8-2010 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
sorry but I have to say this

that pic of Angela above appears fake to me.
Anyone with a knowledge of make-up for
stage or theater can make that very same
appearance. What the difference between
the real thing and make-up is the swelling.
Her eyes are NOT swelled shut. Her nose
is NOT swelled. She is biting her lip to give an
awkward appearance around her mouth
but their is no swelling. There are no lacerations
which needs stitches. This is a half decent
con job of abuse.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
You don't have to answer a police officer's questions.

They'll probably just search you anyway, but you don't have to consent.

We really need to re-work the police thing, it seems everyone is corrupt from the top on down though.

Police forget they are servants and have no right to infringe ours. I wish something would be done about this type of abuse.

During a routine traffic stop you don't ask about a gun, maybe during a robbery or arrest, but not for a traffic stop. That's retarded.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

The image of the woman who is using makeup to try to hide her black eyes is the same woman who is laying on the floor in a pool of her own blood after the video taped beating the cop gave her... look a lil closer boon dock!!...

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
just recieved this email:

According to turncoat Senator Lindsey Graham, that means your voice doesn’t matter.

According to Lindsey Graham, that means we shouldn’t defend gun rights.

Just a few days ago, Senator Graham (R - SC) voted with the gun-grabbers on the Judiciary committee for confirmation of Elena “not sympathetic to your gun rights” Kagan to the Supreme Court.
That kind of defeatist pandering makes me sick, especially when it’s clear that Kagan will bring an ardently anti-gun agenda to the Supreme Court.

Elena Kagan will be a solid vote against the Second Amendment if confirmed, but they don’t want the public to see that for themselves.

We know that:

*** Kagan said she is “not sympathetic” to the right to keep and bear arms.

*** Kagan supports gun licensing and registration.

*** Kagan dismisses the notion that the Second Amendment deserves “unlimited protection against governmental regulation.”

*** Kagan worked as an associate White House counsel from 1995-1996 and as a deputy assistant for domestic policy from 1997 to 1999 in the anti-gun Clinton administration.

*** Kagan personally drafted an executive order for Bill Clinton that banned the importation of semi-automatic firearms.

And on top of another Graham betrayal of conservatives, Indiana Republican Richard Lugar is planning to join Graham in support of Kagan’s nomination. Make no mistake Lugar and Graham are complicit in selling out YOUR Second Amendment rights.

Members of the National Association for Gun Rights -- like you -- have been actively opposing Kagan’s nomination for weeks now. You’ve signed thousands of Firearms Filibuster Petitions against Kagan’s nomination, now it's time to turn up the heat!!

Kagan cannot get a seat... How can this be stopped?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I need to look for this case I know that is out there. It involves an incident where a police officer was doing the kind of crap that went on here in this city.

It ended with the officer dead or severely injured and the person was absolved because of the actions of the officer. If anyone knows of the case U2U me.

And boondock, look at the laceration above her brow, those are STITCHES.

As for makeup and the like, this was taken at the police department, how did she sneak in the makeup?

Please, you usually are pretty observant. Of course I had read about this case before.

S&F OP

If you think all officers are good or think they are all bad, you are wrong.

Be smart and if you possibly can, purchase a small vid recorder. I have a cheap one I keep in my vehicle. Cops have power. The possibility that cops are criminals are the exact same statistical possibility that anyone is a criminal, if not more. Power corrupts and power also attracts corruption.

Thanks for the read OP.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

con job of abuse.

You have a preconcieved notion of what a beating victim "should" look like? Do you get that image in your head from movies and TV?

Google "domestic abuse photos" and have a look. Most of the pictures I saw, the women had black eyes but they weren't swelled shut. Some were, sure, but most were not. They had injuries that were very similar to this woman's.

Try getting to know some facts before declaring something fake.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Thanks for the story, I suppose. S&F. The problem is that this story just absolutely enrages me to no end. I see this kind of action, that I find criminal, and I can hardly see straight. I feel completely frustrated and like my hands are tied. I don't know what course of action we have left to stop this kind of behavior.

We are way past voting making any difference in this country. We just replace one scum bag with another. The elitist scum at the top make sure that they control both sides of an election or issue before we ever even have a say.

I found that out for sure when a friend of mine decided to run for the state house of reps last year. Because of people's anger at both parties they were afraid that he (runnung as a libertarian) might actually win. People from both parties came to see him repeatedly. They offered him money or a job not to run, when he refused, then came the threats. He ended up pulling out of the race but you see my point.

This disgusts me and I am at a loss for action. Especially with 80% people still as lazy and brain dead as ever....

[edit on 31-7-2010 by Redwookieaz]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I've done the best thing I could do for this thread:

Star & Flag!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

con job of abuse.

Either you are a cop or got cop relatives and have trouble
believing there are bad cops out there.

I know you know how to use google, but because you might
be just feeling lazy I did it for you.

www.google.com...

If you cannot even do a little research before calling something
fake then you might let us know you form opinions from emotion.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Megiddodiddo

That happens when people vote in a democrat sorry to say. There are SOME democrats that might believe in the right of citizens to own and posses firearms, but the mayority don't believe in this right.

I am not saying that there are no republican mayors who are corrupt, but on the overall democrats, and a lot of people on the left don't believe in the right of the citizen to own and bear arms, and instead believe that all the problems in the world will stop occurring if people are disarmed.

This is the brainwashing that the American public, and people around the world, have been subject to, and this is part of the goal of the elites. An unarmed populace is very easy to subjugate.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
On the subject of Angela Garbarino.

From what I understand; she had actually fallen flat on her face. She wasn't beaten. She has two black eyes like that, perfectly symmetrical because of the broken nose she suffered after falling down. That's what happens when someone breaks their nose that badly.

I'm not vouching for the police officer's integrity here. But.

#1. Garbarino may have been struggling as the officer gripped onto her as he tried to move her out of the room. And in the process she slipped from his grip, tripped, and fell flat on her face. How? Because she was drunk @ she was in handcuffs?

or

#2. The officer pushed her on purpose.

------

As for the mayor of Shreveport. I think he needs to be tarred and feathered. And then hung for treason. Simple as that.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

con job of abuse.

So ah...what about all the blood in the video??? What about the missing tape in that video???

DUH!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Either way looks like I will never be going to Shreveport!!! Never had the desire to anyway I guess.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

WOW - welcome back Electric Universe!!

I remember a certain post you made awhile back... and you mentioned that it would be your last... great to see you again

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Megiddodiddo

According to Louisiana state law: A permittee armed with a handgun shall notify any police officer who approaches the permittee in an official manner or purpose, that he has a weapon on his person, submit to a pat down, and allow the officer to temporarily disarm him.

That's the Louisiana state law. Like it or not. Apparently if a police officer in this city asks if you have a gun in your car, you are required by state law to answer truthfully.

But if you have a permit, there's nothing the police officer can do about your being in possession of a handgun.

My advice if you carry a gun in the state of Louisiana, get a permit. If a police officer asks if you have a gun in your car, show the officer your permit.

What could be simpler?

If you are from another state, driving through Louisiana, you might want to pack your handgun in the trunk of your car. Unloaded. Whatever. I don't know for sure unless I read further into Louisana gun laws. There is always a problem with interstate travel while armed.

You got'ta watch your arse.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Then I remember this incident...

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
How do we get from a discussion about Louisiana gun laws into a discussion about a woman supposedly being stripped searched? Oh, yeah. It's called segue. I almost forgot.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join