It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Drive In Us For Truth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
What is it that drives us to look for truth?
Is there something in that where our values to truth are actually fautly or misperceived?
Why is it that you, and I, or others look for something everlasting?
I know I talk a lot on here and sell the whole self love concept to the highest degree, but in the end what if this is a reality we know far less about in every aspect - it's been touched upon before, but I mean our very basics, our ideas in common, what we try and establish as truth outside the norm?
That's a basic way of putting it. And I want to stick to basics for good reasons.
I notice patterns in things quite a lot. Even patterns in patterns lol - and there is a pattern to my thinking and yours where we don't just repeat a concept but we enhance it or expand upon a way of thinking and 'conceal' other meanings or in illusion go beyond it. But in fact they are all the same thing.

We want to know why we are here. Fact no1. We want to know the worth of the reason why we are here and why we are thinking it. Fact no2. To a lesser degree we want self fufillment and self empowerment. Fact no3. We want to carry on generations and hand down these "truths" and thoughts, and imaginations. Fact no4.... But is it worth excess energy? Is it about worth at all?

I mean you can be coming out of your own * on certain subjects. But I have to have a reason to be on this site. I am finding that my mind is overoccupied with it because of the content, and looking at life as if it were an object.
It seems this site can do the oppsite of what it sells. And maybe it is down to me, but wouldn't it be better to be a speaker of the truth or to 'get out there'?
You've got to ask yourself if you're the right person to do it, that's the thing - I could be completely barmy, and still think I am the "chosen one".

So where's it end? When I do?

these are things I know have been repeated many times but I cannot have it completely divorced as a concept from the whole reasoning behind this site itself. It has to be one in the same - It's either that or I go back to the life that was assigned to me. I go back to doing, and just doing. Maybe that's more proactive than sitting here worrying about the extent of truth.
What do you think?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Well, you might as well start with a definition of the word, truth.

www.yourdictionary.com...

Right there alone, you can see, what might be true for you, might not be true for another person.

Truth is subjective, like the direction of the wind blowing.

What might seem like truth today, can change tomorrow.

Truth is not set in stone!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Truth is simply a factual record or statement.

It is not subjective.

Opinion is subjective.

Fact is fact.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
Truth is simply a factual record or statement.

It is not subjective.

Opinion is subjective.

Fact is fact.

Ok so Maybe I should clarify the 'facts' section of the thread. Not that you mentioned it but anyway its a point. the thing I have to ask here is, isnt some truth about trust? how can you trust the source of the 'fact'? What if it isnt accurate? you'd just be relying on someone elses judgement and reasoning without having done the experiment yourself.
I mean I dont know if you are being totally serious but I dont want to patronise so I assume you are....
What is objective? Is objective itself a truth in itself? Or is objectivity results changed by the subjective viewer/observer? We could go into a long discussion lol

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Truth is momentary, and unless forced to give it, I think people rarely give it, or what they base truth on, as the poster you are questioning says, it's a matter of opinion.

When a person is asked to state the truth, and only the truth, in a court of law for example, I trust that they will give it for testamony.

Otherwise, all bets are off.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

So where's it end? When I do?

Yes. It's important to have an honest perception of yourself. If you are the man or woman for the job than you should be confident in your own power of will to shape your environment, what's called self-efficacy.

Now if one continually deluded themselves into thinking they possesed a higher stature or countenance than nature has endowed, their Will would only be fueling thier ego and be unnable to properly assert itself towards meaningful goals. If this was the case you would naturally retreat from "Doing" and be more inclined to contemplation and inaction although with everyone there is a balance between action and the thoughts to order those actions in a meaningful way.

But you shouldn't have to worry too much about whether you're doing the right thing because "Fate is Temperment" which means you will naturally gravitate towards the situations you have the capacity (or efficacy) to exist in. Saavy?

[edit on 31-7-2010 by AProphet1233]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
humans have searched for truth since the garden of eden.
every time they look up at the stars.
every time a baby is born.
every time someone dies.
every time there is doubt.

truth fills a void in our very soul.
if it is not filled, then mankind tries
to fill it with belief. but eventually
belief is no substitute for truth.

free thinkers and truth
are one in the same pod

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I don't believe that everyone or even the vast majority have this drive. We see plentiful evidence of this on these very boards and on the entire web daily.

Many if not most people seem to me to be perfectly willing to accept what they're told by someone they look to as a leader, parent, minister, or other trusted source and let it be.

I almost said this seemed to be a recent trend but realized I don't really know this for sure. Maybe this trend has always been there but it is now just more visible to us.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I know some things about truth (Truth). Sorry, but I do not know where to begin, nor where to end.

I choose to start with conspiracies: In conspiracy land most just blame the bad governing. "They control money and media, they have set us up". As if people do not have their own mind. YOU, my brothers and sisters, have the capability to think. Even more than that. We have the truth inside.

Truth will hit you like a brick, no denying to the event. "As clear as a brick". I got hit, and I hope you will too. BTW I have had a very bad decade (10 years) after I got hit, but I feel alive now.

YES according to the media and sub-media are we ruled by ....(what was that? banks?) But we still have a choice. We can blame, or we can live in happiness (YES it is possible!

Freedom of choice is one Truth. Unless you are scared, then you feel no choice.

O.k., so many people do not think for themselves. They digest whatever information is being fed to them. You too? I truly know I have a tendency to try to make sense of stuff I am not really interested in.....

Maybe you are too young to know about Truth. Just follow your path, not anyone elses. Try to find out who you are. Don't be afraid to close your eyes and breathe. See all the stuff that comes into your mind and then let it go and let it go again. Even when your eyes are open. After some time the turmoil will subside and THEN you know something. The turmoil will subside.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The OP seems to have tired of all this internet rigmarole. O well.

The truth will set us free!

Eventually...

Until then it's lies, lies, and more lies.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Ok it's hard really to explain because, for all it's worth, once you've opened the box 'you can't go back' syndrome, there seems to be 'little wrong' with others lives when they are not involved in the crusade of truth.
They just go on regardless.
But I see hypocrisy on this site with the advertising. Either it should be a read only, or a read only with a chance to listen to a radio station and to be an active participant in events. maybe I am being ignorant and this is what ATS already do, but it's like - I am seeing flashing images of products going past my field of vision, and I think 'well this is ATS, I should trust it'. but should I really?

You are damn right. Being scared makes you a coward to life and crawl away from the incoming truth. It hits you like a bullet. It is sometimes concealing more truth. But isn't it about self examination?
There has to be a simple explanation behind my desire to dissect "facts".
It must be a personal reason. Like it had been for you, unless you 'accidently' came across it, but then you'd have to be the type of person to believe it.
Whatever that 'it' may be. if we are talking about conspiracy theories here.

can I ask you all a question?
Has the truth, your truth, improved your life or made you live in fear?
Do you believe there is an ultimate goal to it, or do you feel you have more mastery over your life than before?
What is it that motivates you and your drive?

So what next?
If we are all to participate in truth then there has to be a crossing. We have to do something about it, if that is what we are preaching. ('we')
I have written posts so similar to the whole "goodness" of truth, and I am not being pushed away from it, but I just see pictures and numbers on a board. I do not know these people, or know you.
I am putting myself in a position where my thoughts are heard by strangers.
And for all I know that could be anybody.
I am not scared of the truth if I can trust myself and trust my truth.
but I will move away from a truth that gets you buried deeper in more fantasies. It seems I, and others are feeding them on here.

If we get the strength to 'do' then maybe it makes more sense.
Do we love mankind? Each other? I am not talking about the brainwashed love. But the ultimate truth.
It would be easier to sleep but I'm on a bridge. Excusing my own contradictions on this site in general.
I think it would be dumb to think of this as another reality and to believe everything on here. Maybe going back to reality helps.
I mean the one I was in before hand - though this seems to be elusive in itself. Ok I mean being active in reality instead of thoughtful, but thought-fulness + action.

What do you think?

top topics

join