It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama approves more funds for wars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Obama approves more funds for wars

www.presstv.ir

US President Barack Obama has signed a spending bill allocating USD 37 billion to the unpopular wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

The new funds bring the total cost of the two US-led wars in the region to USD 1 trillion since 2001
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c356fbe2385a.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is a picture of Obama signing the new war funding legislation. Anyone here notice him smiling while signing this bill?

War makes Obama Happy, apparently. Wonder why that is? Is it because He knows that he's funding Pakistani Militants and arming them with American Technologies so that those in turn can kill Americans?

hmm......

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/31/2010 by Megiddodiddo]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I dont think war makes any president happy after say, 5 years...

but I do think this particular war is making the heads stupid.

This will never end

Can we at least get some cool music coming out now..get on it pop stars..enough about nonsense...start making some classics to reflect america's longest war that has no sign of waning.

Next, we will attack hate and not stop until all people on earth no longer hate things.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
signing another few billions for destruction......

why not allocate the money to NASA ? at least we might get 2nd ISS......

this mentality is what make human slow to progress in space race.

comparison between thinking to win and win to think..
Win to think: Signing 30billion+ fund for war
Think to win: Mitsui planning for solar panel in moon.

this will never end

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Well Democrats, This is the change you called for.
I hope you are happy with the way this all turned out.

To the Op- Yes, I do see that smile, but what I am wondering is...

WTF is up with that person standing next to him in that Window Curtain looking 'outfit' with the Elton John looking tie?
HAHAHAHA!

God this administration is so hard not to laugh at.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Maybe that's why he's smiling..? I mean not everything has to have evil intent, maybe he's just smiling at the ridiculous outfit that guy's wearing.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

lol. I almost wish that was the case, although I would probably be crackin up myself.

But I dont think that even with that freak standing next to me that I would be laughing about signing a bill to increase war.

And I know you were just makin a funny

he might as well of just held up a sign saying "Im happy now"

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Yesterday the House saw fit to deny 9/11 responders aid.

Isn't that why we are in this now additionally funded mess?

What are the priorities of the citizens of America?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
lol... I wonder if that's Harry Ried standing there in that rediculously loud disco era suit....

naaa... prolly just a Biden off-day.

[edit on 7/31/2010 by Megiddodiddo]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Megiddodiddo
lol... I winder if that's Harry Ried standing there in that rediculously loud disco era suit....

From Left To Right-

Michael Jackson--Prince--Elton John

War. BOOO!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Hmmm...thought it was $33B?

Currency conversion difference?

[edit on 7/31/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Hmmm...thought it was $33B?

Currency conversion difference?

[edit on 7/31/2010 by ~Lucidity]

lol.. good morning.

That is what the incursion into Afghanistan was originally billed at by Bush durring his request from Congress for war funds... back in 2002 If I'm not mistaken...

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It's not like Obama has a choice. He's advised by the Military Industrial Complex and warned against opposing it. He really thinks he's doing the best thing for the country.

He's more blind than us. Whether purposely or not.

The problem goes much deeper than Obama.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

Well if he is incapable of making his own decisions(and the right ones at that) maybe he shouldnt be the leader of the 'free world'.

Just a thought

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I agree. But the Military Industrial Complex and the other globalist elites have the two party system as well as the mainstream media in their pockets.

As long as people are voting those two parties, or using television or newspapers for their election information, we'll get the same puppet (with a difference face) and the same agendas that we've been getting since JFK was taken out.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This *#_T has just gotten crazy! That there are members going off about Obama being this and that and how "ya'll drank the Kool-Aid" ,FEH!
They say potheads have short term memory problems but unless some of you are higher than any pothead I ever met I have to ask what the hell is wrong with peoples memories? I just re-watched 'capitalism;a love story' and got to watch Bush's *#_T eating grin as he sent us to the war he lied us into. Remember the guy who took more days off than any other pres? Oh, yeah Cheney ran that regime. Thing is All we will see from now on is Corporate heavy(Cheneyoids) and Corporate light (Obamanations) Blaming Obama for anything beyond doing his job as dictated by those truly in charge and running the show is IMO the height of ignorance.
Until the ACTUAL role of POTUS is accepted as the corporate ombudsman and salesman of corporate policy to the public ,ignorant citizens will continue to point fingers along narrow schizophrenic viewpoints while the over-class continues to plunder the remaining scraps of the middle class.
Can we rise above the ignorance which actually expect the POTUS to be "our man" or to even vaguely have an interest in the prosperity of the peasant class.Oh and if you have a problem with the term peasant...
Look up dead peasant insurance or go to www.deadpeasant.org.
Time to face up to how WE are perceived and start acting accordingly instead of sucking up to the very ones using you as a serf/slave/peasant.
N.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
More money for the Private contractors...that is where this money is going...

At some point, they will realize that they are doing this crap in front of a global audience...unbelievable....

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I am wondering what is the ROI of these wars (for American tax payers, not Halliburton and XO/Blackwater).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join