It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's that weird thing around Saturn's second-largest moon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

What's that weird thing around Saturn's second-largest moon?

www.csmonitor.com

In 2008, researchers detected a sharp, symmetrical drop in electrons around Rhea, Saturn's second-largest moon. This could be caused by a ring of debris, but the Cassini spacecraft, which has flown by the moon several times, has not seen a ring.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
In 2005, a debris disk was thought to ring Saturn's moon Rhea. However, there was no visual evidence of what would, technically, be the first ring ever found encircling a moon.

This would have been the first ring ever found around a moon. Since this discovery, further observation concludes that something is obviously there, but it's no debris ring,

Whatever "it" is, is some type of anomolous, symmetrical structure lying within the charge-particle area surrounding Rhea.

Obviously, the moon is an inter-galactic space station that simply has an invisible force-field surrounding it to keep out meddling humans. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Funny thing is, after reading the article linked above, that's the first thing that popped into my mind, along with a mug-shot of Darth Vader......lmao.

www.csmonitor.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/31/2010 by WashMoreFeet]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by WashMoreFeet

Strange.

I wonder if it has any similarity to the other strange ring like structure on Iapetus?

Or as has been said a 'ringworld' power station, made from metamaterials to cloak it from prying eyes.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I think there is more to all these rings than we realize (or perhaps: they acknowledge).

Science guesses at best. I also feel, science lies when suited.

What's been the official explanation of the enormous UFOs within Saturns rings?

If they're not addressing (or explaining) this then, the weird ring around its moon will more than likely be ignored too.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by WashMoreFeet

Funny thing is, after reading the article linked above, that's the first thing that popped into my mind, along with a mug-shot of Darth Vader......lmao.

[edit on 7/31/2010 by WashMoreFeet]

You mean this?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It's a good place to hide, if you didn't want humans to see you easily.

But most likely it is simply a unique debris pattern. Still very interesting though!

I wonder if it has to do with vacuum buffering of electrical charges over a natural capacitor of some kind creating a small but constant attractive force?

(Or, you know, aliens.)

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
With all the UFO's, space sightings and UVB-76 all being in the news recently, I just wonder if they are all connected somehow.

But that object is quite odd isn't it?

#

Off topic ( slightly):- Who likes my new signiture?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BSG75

Your tribute to Rover is very moving

But does anyone else, besides myself, think they just conveniently killed the poor Spirit so we wouldn't expect anymore questionable photos?

Why is it, I trust all the other countries (as far as their findings and revealings) way more than I do NASA?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Why would "they" want to hide from humans? If "they" are able to zoom around the galaxy how could we pose a threat?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

A theory I have heard is that we are an experiment being watched to see what happens, and if they intervene it blows the whole experiment.

Just one theory, I don't really believe it but could make sense. We obviously pose no threat and if "they" do exist and are watching us "they" know this. Just waiting to see how long it takes our species to self destruct.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

Yeah, maybe time means nothing to them and we are just a sport..

5-1 odds on all dead by nuclear war in 2011.

12-1 odds on dying from planet x in 2012.

1000-1 odds on dying from man made global warming.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Oops. Double post.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Quadrivium]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

Sorry, that does not make since to me either.
If they are trying to hide they seem to be doing a piss poor job of it. Like playing hide-and-go-seek with a three year old, while their feet are showing beneath the curtain they are hiding behind.

new topics

top topics

join