It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Rep. Waters may face fall ethics trial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Fresh off the presses. Another congressperson being brought up on ethics charges. I guess Pelosi had her fingers crossed when stating this was going to be the most ethical congress ever.

Snippet from story.

Associated Press

WASHINGTON — A second House Democrat, Rep. Maxine Waters of California, could face an ethics trial this fall, further complicating the election outlook for the party as it battles to retain its majority.

People familiar with the investigation, who were not authorized to be quoted about charges before they are made public, say the allegations could be announced next week. The House ethics committee declined Friday to make any public statement on the matter.

Waters, 71, has been under investigation for a possible conflict of interest involving a bank that was seeking federal aid. Her husband owned stock in the bank and had served on its board.

New York Democrat Rep. Charles Rangel also faces an ethics trial this fall on charges that include failure to disclose assets and income, nonpayment of taxes and doing legislative favors for donors to a college center named after him.

Here is an additional link to some information on this I believe-
Waters Helped Bank Whose Stock She Once Owned

A snippet from that article-

Wall Street Journal

WASHINGTON -- When Rep. Barney Frank was looking to aid a Boston-based lender last fall, the Massachusetts Democrat urged Maxine Waters, a colleague on the House Financial Services Committee, to "stay out of it," he says.

The reason: Ms. Waters, a longtime congresswoman from California, had close ties to the minority-owned institution, OneUnited Bank.

Ms. Waters and her husband have both held financial stakes in the bank. Until recently, her husband was a director. At the same time, Ms. Waters has publicly boosted OneUnited's executives and criticized its government regulators during congressional hearings. Last fall, she helped secure the bank a meeting with Treasury officials.

I do not know about you folks, but I have a very bad feeling about what is in that Financial Reform bill with these ethical charges being lobbed one after another. What else has not been released by this "most ethical congress ever".

I think the ship is sinking and that is all I am going to say about that.

[edit on 7/31/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Why ridicule Nancy Pelosi for this?
She is not caught up in scandal herself and is only guilty of having high hopes, optimism and faith, however misplaced, in her fellow man.
When she said this was going to be the most ethical house ever, I think she was making a comparative analysis.
Compared to this type of unethical behavior...by Republicans who previously held office..a few examples. Actually I don't have room to post them all. Mark Foley Senate Scandal -Cybersex with a teenage boy...

And here is a whole lot more...if you are curious...
www.salem-news.com...

(SALEM, Ore.) - "He who lives in a glass house should not throw stones." It seems that old adage may be lost on the confused mass that we call modern society. The Grand Old Party, once known for controversial abolitionists, has become the moral party of today, or so their elected leaders will tell you.

Our nation spent more tax money conducting Ken Starr's investigation of President Bill Clinton's affair with intern Monica Lewinsky, than they did in the investigation of the September 11th 2001 attacks on the United States. Many Americans fail to see the logic behind this.

I have located a website that boasts of 10 democrats caught up in sex scandals but when you look up Republican Sex Scandals here is what I come up with, at least a hundred....www.dkosopedia.com... including Roy Ashburn

Roy Ashburn, the conservative Republican California state senator who was arrested last week (Mar. 2010) for drunk driving after reportedly leaving a gay bar, has acknowledged that he is gay. Ashburn, a divorced father of four, has repeatedly voted in opposition to gay rights, and in 2005 hosted a rally in favor of "traditional marriage." He has voted against expanding anti-discrimination laws to include sexual orientation, recognizing out-of-state gay marriages and establishing a day honoring gay lawmaker Harvey Milk.

Micheal Duval, Mark Sanford, John Ensign, Bob Allen, John Bryan, Larry Craig, David Vitter, John Gosek and Joe McDade

Joseph M. McDade, 75, was issued a summons on a charge of exposure of sexual organs, a misdemeanor that carries up to a year in jail and a $1,000 fine. The longtime Pennsylvania Republican congressman who served for 36 years in the House and now works for a Washington lobbying firm, has been accused of exposing his private parts to two women at a beach resort on Sanibel Island.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 31-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Off topic.

The slight to Mrs. Pelosi is for her "unwavering support" of a corrupt congressman.

The rest of your comment should go to your own thread.

Oh, because THEY did it, it is okay.

Anyway, Bush was the devil and the Dems are alright.

I thought the Dems called out their own, I guess NOT.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Would you rather hang out with petty thieves or lying perverts?
I guess this is the democrat-republican quandary in a nutshell.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

HAHAH This isn't a fuggin party. And no one will be having fun in 2011. I'll bet your life on that.

Who are these freakin' congress people that seem to live forever? "Sharp as a whip..." as they say.

Just my opinion, but do they have "organ donors" that keep their pathetic asses alive or what?

Off topic... BUTT, There needs to be an investigation as to why these scum bag politicians live so long once they get into office.

I think even worse atrocities committed by these evil inhumans would be exposed if their health records were made public.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Imagine, after being their one year, they bring you to a meeting and they tell you, mr. endisnighe, here is the deal, you been eating and drinking all these poisons all your life. You will live 35 extra years if you drink this stuff right here. It counteracts the poisons.

The humor of it all.

Yep, they should have a mandatory retirement age for people in congress, along with term limits.

top topics

join