It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this weird thing appearing on my photos ??

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

I'll start with the 1st photo. I'm not accusing you of a hoax but either of the 2 photos you posted could be easily manipulated for these effects.

Samsung phones have terrible cameras. I have one, I know. SO sometimes you get unintentional "double exposures", blurring, etc... Your orange orb, if it isn't a photoshop piece appears to be on the lense. The camera is focusing on this rather than you which is why you are blurry. My best guess would be pollen or part of an insect. If the same person took all of the pictures he/she could have on a particular scent that attracts insects which is why it shows up when they take the pic not when you do. But the orb is on the lens imo. The 2 o'clock portion is translucent and can see the outline of your leg. The crappy samsung camera and lighting could produce that effect on an insect with wings or on a piece of pollen. The blurring around the edge could be due to slight motion of the pollen allowing us to see the outline of your leg. But I don't believe there is anything paranormal there.

THe photo with your arms disappearing is either a photoshop or simply having the pic snapped while in your "ta daaaa" motion. No offense but I wouldn't know exactly where my hands were at the exact moment someone took a photo of me unless it was in the pic. With my samsung camera, I have a delay and poor shutter speed so when I take a pic on it they are frequently blurry and missing limbs depending on the motion of the target.

So if they were not photoshopped then you have your rational explanations. An artifact on the lens for the orb, the camera focuses on it causing you to blur. Your disappearing limbs were do to the delay, shutter speed and crappy camera coupled with your motion in doing your lil ta daaaa move.

Hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Chatting about paranormal experiences and stuff... i remember about 15 years ago or so when i was at work on a break and i wanted a coffee from the coffee machine so i put me cash in and while i went to grab my coffee some spilt over my hand.... now this was boiling hot water... you know the sort which comes out of these machines.... th first seconds was like ow, that's bludy burnt me for sure' but as i looked at my hand there was no mark there, nothing.... and the burning sensation had literally only lasted a second or 2 but i'm telling you it was boiling hot enough to have left a scolding mark!!!

Anyway just thought i'd add that in

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

I just wanted to come back onto the thread to thank you, and everyone else that has given a rational explanation on cam problems, very much indeed.

I have already posted that I accept camera fault as the explanation for this as far as the thread goes.I know nothing about cameras so I take your word for this, as you obviously are very savvy on photography.

Unless anyone has any evidence to support a paranormal theory, then I guess it has to be pollen/ long exposure etc.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I have looked through the entire thread and quite frankly I cannot see how what happened to the photos could possibly be camera malfunction.

Take for example the photo with the two missing arms. If part of an arm and part of something else was missing then logically could be camera malfunction. But for two arms to be missing from the photo just begs for the camera "malfunction" to be a bit too intelligent.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

That photo was not the only one.....

If you zoom in on this, you will see that there is no way my arms were behind my back.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

As dudez has already pointed out the arms can clearly be seen here:

This is a common occurrence in photography when the arms make a sudden movement. Nothing unusual.

Edit: Because it looks like that might not be UK's hand after all.

[edit on 10/8/10 by LiveForever8]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Just for reference I'm a firm believer in the paranormal, I've seen too many things to have doubts.

But, when analyzing evidence you have to eliminate the rational explanations before venturing to paranormal explanations. Just because we can create rational explanations dfor what happened doesn't mean that they are correct. It's simply more evidence. It could very well be paranormal. There is evidence leading me to believe there is a normal rational explanation for it, but I can't prove that's what happened because of the quality of the photo.

So there is a possibility that it is paranormal, albeit unlikely. It's far more likely that it is what I stated. But, it can't be proven either way. Gratz for producing an interesting photo worthy of debate. And while we have a possible explanation for it, we haven't explained it.

My suggestion would be to try and duplicate the photo. Same place same time same camera. Move your arms quickly, perhaps not behind you back, but start the photo when they are down and then move them up at varying speeds to attempt to recreate the effect.

The yellow orb may be tougher to replicate. Find something flowering in your garden that was flowering when you snapped the picture. Take tweezers and place it on the camera lens. Snap the photos. See if you can replicate it. I believe a piece of pollen placed on the lens of that samsung phone would produce that effect. It's going to try and focus on the pollen and distort the rest of your pic.

Duplicating it still won't prove 100% that is indeed what it was. But hopefully, if your able, it would reproduce the effect closely enough that you would feel comfortable again. And that's what is important, not proving it's paranormal or it isn't, but you feeling comfortable in your own home again.

Good Luck!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

Makes perfect sense what you are saying, and for the purposes of this thread I had accepted cam malfunction of some sort.

But when I read the reply from expat, doubts have obviously surfaced on this.

If ALL rational explanations do get eliminated on the camera aspect of things, then it would certainly make a case for paranormal much stronger.

At this point I still accept it was a phone problem, but I am also pursuing privately the paranormal possibility as well.

Btw, on that pic I posted today, I've just noticed that my dress is visible through my black top, down the side, where my arms should have been.
I was standing with my arms by my side when this was taken.

Thanks for your reply as well

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
You have MUCH more patience than I do. If I had come to a site with images I couldn't explain, kindly asking for opinions .... but then got several accusations of hoaxing, only doing it to gain attention, and assorted other insults .... I would have left for nicer pastures long ago.

But that's saddly how much of the internet has started working in the last several years. Hopefully those who regularly engage in that type of uncalled-for attitude will eventually mature out of it. Don't know if they will or not however.

I'm not even going to give my opinion on the images, although I do have one, because I believe you have already hit upon the most reasonable thing you can do in this situation. Gather info & research it yourself, to see if you can come up with a good explanation. From what I've seen concerning your images, nothing good will really come from discussing them here.

One other possibility that may provide more useful ideas is to present them on a forum ONLY devoted to professional photography examiners, nothing about the paranormal or unexplained stuff. Seems to me a place like that would have less desire to try to prove you are committing a purposeful fraud, or just trying to seek attention .... and be more intent on actually examining the photos. They would be trying to explain how this could happen in NON-paranormal ways, like double-exposures, movement, & other mechanical failures.

If none of those panned out, THEN you have a mystery to take to the paranormal people .... and you ALSO have professional documentation & opinions to present that show it's NOT mechanical failure, photo manipulation, camera straps, reflections, etc. So then there should be no reason for that stuff to come into the discussion .... the experts have already ruled it out.

Whatever happens, hope you figure out the truth behind the pictures.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I've posted this question to you because I've noticed that you're online at the mo. Hope you don't mind, its just that you may be able to reply quick on this because its freakin me out a bit.
But this is a question for anybody who is a photography expert.

Is a mobile phone camera capable of actually taking a pic of an item of clothing, shot through another item of clothing ??

If you blow up the last pic I posted, you can CLEARLY see my dress visible on the side where my arm is missing, and yet I'm wearing that black jumper top over the top of it !!

It may have a rational explanation and if it has, I'd appreciate it ASAP because it is spooking me.

Thanks.....

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

I don't think it is your dress. It seems to just be 'noise' that comes from the poor image quality. It is merely a blurring effect that can also be caused by slight overexposure.

It can also be seen in effect on your left should where I'm guessing the dress doesn't reach, so can't be the dress. It's just unfortunate in this case that the dress you are wearing is of a similar colour to the anomaly.

'Tis nothing out of the ordinary

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Thanks for replying quickly on this, much appreciated

But I have to disagree with you on this I'm afraid beacause it is clearly my dress.

I could only blow up the pic to 150%, and that IS my dress.

Both my arms are missing in that picture, I know only one is clearly shown as missing, but both actually are.
I don't understand what you mean about the left hand side in relation to my dress ??? I just don't see it ?? Sorry if I'm being a bit thick !!

The other side clearly shows it is, and if anyone can enlarge that portion of the pic more than I can, I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I think I know what you mean...

My jumper top is quite loose, and its slightly to one side, which would be the LHS I presume that you're referring to.

Edit to add:

The colours are the same, it IS my dress showing on that RHS !!

[edit on 11-8-2010 by uk today]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

It is CLEARLY your dress?

I think not. How you can state it is clearly the dress is beyond me, it isn't clearly anything.

But I stand by my original diagnosis - overexposure/camera noise.

You can see a correlation between the white background (fencing) and the white blurs on the image. This appears to be an overexposure and the fencing colour (white) is bleeding into the jumper colour (black) giving the transparent effect.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I'm sorry, and sincere apologies if I am proven wrong, but it sure looks like my dress to me !!

Difficult to tell in that blow up picture unfortunately, but if anyone else can work their magic and maybe analyze the pic, blow it up, do anything at all with it to either prove or disprove this, do it please.

Maybe it is my eyes playing tricks, but they sure keep on doing it with this one...

edit to add:

Just taken another look...it IS my dress !!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

:shk:

Well, I don't know what else I can say to persuade you. I suppose wanting to believe something can blind you to the obvious.

I'm happy with what I have presented, as far as I'm concerned it isn't your dress. Life goes on...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Hey seriously maybe it is an optical illusion on my part, but I'm still seeing it, and also it appears to show up slightly in the yellow object pic as well !

My eyes could be deceiving me, so can some other eyes out there please take a look just to confirm one way or another...cheers...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Well here is your pic again but this time showing the other side which you did not.

A. You can CLEARLY see were your arm is and that your are swirling it around. Ok, could be up and down, too..

EDIT TO ADD: The arrow is NOT pointing to the green branch it is pointing to the black shadow which is your blurry arm

B. The motion blur which is normal when somebody is moving his arms hence the transparency. And no, that is not your dress showing, its the fence behind you. By the way you can see the motion blur going all the way to your boots. Unless you have a dress under your boots too, I'd say its pretty much motion blur

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Hellas]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

No, my arms were definately by my side, there was no movement. I was not swirling them round, or up and down, or any other way either.

I still personally believe that is my actual dress showing, and I also believe it is showing in the thread posting picture as well, the one with the yellow object.

But that is just my take on it....

I do know there was no deliberate movement though.

I guess unless anyone can prove it was my dress, then I'm unable to argue on this as I know nothing about photography. I don't have any equipment or the know how myself to investigate it further.

But if anyone else does.....

Edit to add:

Your arrow is pointing to a green branch btw.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AstroDav

Thanks for your kind words AstroDav, they really mean a lot to me, they really do.

I've wanted to walk away a few times, but the search for answers was greater at the time than any insults etc that were being thrown at me.

But not any more.

I still have doubts on cam malfunction but I'm no expert so I guess that still has to be the rational explanation.

I will pursue this privately, but will continue to read members comments on here, just in case anything is mentioned that will help me in my own investigation of it.

Take care.....and THANK YOU !!

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join