It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this weird thing appearing on my photos ??

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by uk today
reply to post by crazydaisy

This is for all the members that have based their replies on the photo being shot through glass.

Sorry, its dark outside, I did'nt arrive at my friends house till late but you can clearly see it is the house from the fence outside.
I can always get a better pic if required next time I see her.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/86b40307eee3.jpg[/atsimg]

I have read the entire thread. I do not understand how no one can see this was taken through the glass, and the yellow circle in the stained glass is the "orb".

The light source, the sun, was apparently in the upper left hand side of the image in the original pic. This is evident in a couple of places in the image, but one most noteable on her chest, and ironically, on the top of the yellow blob on the stained glass window.

Add in the obvious motion artifact - which again is evident in the chest area of her pic - being as it was the brightest area - the blur is the motion artifact of her shirt collar and the collar of the sweater she is wearing. Not only did she move as the pic was being taken, but the photog moved in a different direction. This also explains the blur by the grill as well as other areas of the photo.

You can also see motion artifact on the clothesline, as well as further evidence of sun reflection as the clothes line where it has the motion artifact has varying colors.

It is obvious either this was taken through the stained glass window OR the stained glass was reflected in a closed glass storm door. The stained glass yellow area is almost an exact duplicate even in shape.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Libertygal]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Not being funny here, but what ????

That is the back door yeah, the back door is OPEN, you step out of it onto the paved area .

So please explain how that pic could possibly have been taken through glass ???

For the FINAL time, there is NO glass there !!!!

Would you like a pic in better lighting ???
A close up ????

In fact tell ya what, next time I go round there yeah, I'll do a leg kick pic or something from the outside into the house to prove it, or maybe laid on the floor from the outside stretching into the house with the back door open !!

There is no storm door, just the back door you see in the pic....

[edit on 5-8-2010 by uk today]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
Hey uk, does your niece maybe have one of those funny pendants hanging from her cellphone?

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Hellas]

I've checked and she does'nt, she has nothing hanging from her cellphone.

Its just a cellphone.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by nexusferox
Uk today, I'm stuck firmly on the fence on this one but here's a PS image of the original pic, inverted, with a curves adjustment. not saying what it is or isnt but it's interesting that its slightly anthropomorhic and has 2 eyes lol. btw, love the FM Boots.

img835.imageshack.us...

Thank you so much for taking the time to do that, it is rather interesting.

No idea what it is though ???

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Still havent figured it out eh?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
reply to post by uk today

well if u look close, the yellow on the ground is blobbin and morphin everywhere

Does this mean something Myendica ??

I take it you're referring to the yellow circle that is stuck down onto the patio yeah that I told you about ???

There is definately only one btw....

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

sorry but in the first pic the door is clearly open and if that was the stain glass if you look there is a dark line going up out the top of the yellow flower (or watever it is) on the stained glass. Try Again lol

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

There is no glass there, and there is no child there.

Let's see what the exif data shows because that may be rather interesting.

peace

The other thing is, when the photo was taken, I told my friends niece I wanted it full length to get my new boots in !!
Yeah ok..sad but whatever !!

So if a child was in front of her, I think she would have maybe noticed

Hey, I'm doing everything I possibly can on here to get an answer, I'm desperate to get this exif data removed. You can't do it can you ??

[edit on 5-8-2010 by uk today]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by discobiskit

sorry but in the first pic the door is clearly open and if that was the stain glass if you look there is a dark line going up out the top of the yellow flower (or watever it is) on the stained glass. Try Again lol

Does this mean I don't have to lay flat out on the floor to prove it !!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by uk today

Originally posted by discobiskit

Does this mean I don't have to lay flat out on the floor to prove it !!

lol i wouldn`t say that ...NOW Don`t be hasty ... the more veidence the better ... i mean we have to eradicate every possibility after all :-)

* i meant evidence* see the excitement got to me lol

[edit on 5-8-2010 by discobiskit]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by 308
reply to post by uk today

Looks like I can't send PMs till I have made 20 posts

So if you can U2U me your email addy then I'll reply and you will know where to send the photos. You'd think in this age of mass media it would be simpler!

You've only got 3 more posts to do, get on the case !!

Now I need this exif data sorting ASAP....

Just had a thought, would it be possible for me to send you a message through with my mobile number, then you could text your E-mail thro to me ???

I'd like to actually keep your E-mail on my phone because if any more weird pics are ever taken, I could send them through to you straight away then to get the exif data removed yeah ??

Plus I can also text you to make sure you've received these pics through ok ....

Do I have to defo send them as E- mail, they can't just be sent through to your phone ???

I'm asking on here, because you can't reply to me if I send you a u2u.
and I really need your E-mail address or whatever to send them...

Cheers

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Ok. Wow. No storm door. I wish I could see in person how that thing that appears to be a frame for one is configured so I can understand how all the light in the original blob photo got reflected. I can pretty much go through my own motion blur photos and find a twin effect in mine to match the oddities in yours. Taking pics of fast moving kids and pets in inadequate lighting is a recipe for freaky looking photos. But nothing I have in my own library matches that effect of reflections coming from glass that is not there. The only thing I can think of is prints on the camera lens. Lol I wouldn't know firsthand because I'm a neat freak about that sort of thing. I wear glasses and have astigmatism so if I don't keep my lenses pristine I'm seriously disadvantaged. And end up doing things like spelling my own ATS user name wrong.

Oh and I mean the prints on the lens would only account for the impression there is glass there. It might cause all the glare and reflections we see. We still lack an explanation for yellow blob and handprint though. I would have to agree it appears there was a child there to at least make the handprint. If you know there wasn't one and you are not playing a joke, and you have been experiencing other paranormal manifestations then I can only guess you need ghostbusters more than you need visually impaired armchair detectives like me peering at your pics and pestering you with questions!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
sorry if this has already been cleared up, havent had time to read every post IN DETAIL but are u saying that 'hand' is the grubby mark on the door? wrong location for a start... plus, after many different filters and effects applied, ive come to the conclusion, like others, that its:
1. A Real Hand
2. A Kids Hand
3. A Kids Head

pics 3 and 4 below show a very definite physical reality, as opposed to 2d dirt smears.

img442.imageshack.us...

img707.imageshack.us...

img571.imageshack.us...

img716.imageshack.us...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

sorry if this has already been cleared up, havent had time to read every post IN DETAIL but are u saying that 'hand' is the grubby mark on the door? wrong location for a start... plus, after many different filters and effects applied, ive come to the conclusion, like others, that its:
1. A Real Hand
2. A Kids Hand
3. A Kids Head

pics 3 and 4 below show a very definite physical reality, as opposed to 2d dirt smears.

img442.imageshack.us...

img707.imageshack.us...

img571.imageshack.us...

img716.imageshack.us...

Nice Effects. I assume the kid is a blonde little girl base on her shoulder length hair which is swinging to her right side. She might have just turning her head to face OP when the picture is taken.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by EasternShadow]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
ARGH.

I've read through all of this! No one asked what type of phone exactly it is that I can see, and some misconceptions I feel.

Firstly, not sure why people are using HDR style techniques etc ... on a mobile phone photo. There isn't enough data there - it's already a mess to begin with. The kernal/filter thingo I saw before would just introduce more contrast and confusion??? I don't know, maybe am missing something.

The other is the misconception about the 'long exposure'. The phone isn't actually taking a photo generally speaking, it's taking screen caps. However, it isn't taking a single screen cap. It's averaging/mixing stills together from the cached footage in the phone's memory. Some phones cache the last 10 or so frames, other phones cache the next 10 frames coming in. Thus pseudo motion blur is created.

So it's quite possible the subject in this instance has heard the phone 'snap' or 'click' and thought the photo was over. Meanwhile the phone is frantically caching frames and mixing them together! Many of these frames would be of the subject perhaps even walking creating a lot of these looks. If it's an old phone it may be in quite a state and already slow. Further compounded by the person shaking, and it also has an auto focus and exposure. This auto features, again, is software based and not hardware based so it's flaky at best, and at worst may create giant orbs after viewing a passing butterfly. To test the auto exposure on your phone (and how laggy it is!) try covering it with your hand repeatedly.

Mobile phones are the worst medium for these types of shoots! If you see a UFO or an alien, let it go! Don't take a photo with your Nokia classic because it will likely just leave you more confused than when you went in. Phone photos are simply not reliable. And if both phones used in this situation were similar and used in similar ways then you would see artifacts like this. I seriously doubt it was on a tripod.

Anyway, it's the caching that causes the oddity. Caching and average and auto exposure oh my ... Anyway, I figure no one will believe me without evidence so I brought some. Bare in mind in these photos I have colored tattoos, and I also cannot keep the camera steady whilst being in front of it so there is some blur unintendedly - now look what the phone software does in my examples. (As presented by Michael Shanks and Amanda Tapping!)

www....(nolink)/i/?h2gw2twk53uoaj1 - Note in this one the shot looks stabled and mostly well exposed. Then note my over blown GLOWING white card and transparent arm. It didn't even really catch my tattoos.

www....(nolink)/i/?h0h1rp4sgtvgpc7 - This one my arm didn't even appear. It was in shot at all time and moving much faster than my previous example!

www....(nolink)/imageview.php?quickkey=rrfcu50hma0b80a&thumb=4 - Oh my! A spirit orb! Oh no! Must be radioactive energy!!!! No ... it's still my arm!

www....(nolink)/imageview.php?quickkey=l4bxuvrjtu23lxe&thumb=4 - An extreme example taken on another phone. Still my body!

www....(nolink)/imageview.php?quickkey=32hfm5oxgsyogco&thumb=4 Spirit orb attacking my cat? Ummm nope. Still a person.

www....(nolink)/imageview.php?quickkey=t4hy8155k1xyxcu&thumb=4 Spirit orb?! No still my arm. They're so hard to catch?!

www....(nolink)/imageview.php?quickkey=gdusi4agxxe40pl&thumb=4 Spirit orb?!!!!! No it's my arm outside.

www....(nolink)/i/?8444hsr5uw241h8 Spirit orb attacks restaurant!

www....(nolink)/imageview.php?quickkey=hisx91l3yvixu3p&thumb=4 What the hell is this?!!! I'll paypal someone $1 if they get it right.

Note the ridiculous hazing from the blur in all these images (also in OP photo). Also I'll point out if you cause these blurs with various other objects and things they'll look even more ridiculous.

Disclaimer: I've just scribbled this out so my words may not be precise and such ... am not writing an essay!

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Pinke]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by EasternShadow

1. A Real Hand
2. A Kids Hand
3. A Kids Head

img442.imageshack.us...

img707.imageshack.us...

img571.imageshack.us...

img716.imageshack.us...

Nice Effects. I assume the kid is a blonde little girl base on her shoulder length hair which is swinging to her right side. She might have just turning her head to face OP when the picture is taken.

^ This.

There's nothing paranormal here. Nothing to be afraid of.

Just a cheap camera phone doing what cheap camera phone does! There are piles of youtube videos like this, and the whole shape shifting myth loves a good camera phone and persons moving around in front of it. I hope there's no deliberate deceit here and I think it's possible the OP simply is scared by how mobile phone cameras works.

Take a photo with a good SLR at least to rule out software doing dumb things to the images.

Oh my gawds a shape shifter?!!! Nope! It's a sony!

Thanks for reading.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Pinke]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

Thanks. I'm not saying the kid is paranormal. LMAO. I don't believe in ghost whatsoever. I only post what I think of the weird thing.

EDIT :
Anyway, based on your lengthy explanation and as your evidences suggest how unreliable images from a mobile phone can be, i do agree very much with you.

There is nothing out there.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinke
I've read through all of this! No one asked what type of phone exactly it is that I can see, and some misconceptions I feel.

uk today has given this information: the first two photos (the yellow orb and the no-arms) were taken with a Samsung Tocco lite phone and the third photo (indoor shot) was with a Sony ericsson Z750i. I don't know about the last photo (the reference photo of the open door so we can see there's no glass).

The other is the misconception about the 'long exposure'. The phone isn't actually taking a photo generally speaking, it's taking screen caps. However, it isn't taking a single screen cap. It's averaging/mixing stills together from the cached footage in the phone's memory. Some phones cache the last 10 or so frames, other phones cache the next 10 frames coming in. Thus pseudo motion blur is created.

I admit I don't know anything about how camera phones work, I did try to look it up and the sources I found didn't say anything about "caching". It was more like building charges over the course of a digital "shutter release" time that could then be measured.

If it works like you say, how many frames per second are captured, or does that vary by phone model? How is "shutter speed" varied -- by capturing more or fewer frames? Honest questions here, I'm just trying to figure this out.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Cheers for posting the phone info again

The last pic posted was on the Sony ericsson if anyone needs to know.

I admit, and have done openly on this thread that I am no expert on phones, so any technical phone info is lost on me, it really is, but 308 has kindly offered to extract the exif data, which hopefully will explain a few things to the photography experts on here, shutter speed etc.....

I'll just be leaving it all to them to analyse

peace

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Thanks for your reply,

No, I can assure you there really was no glass.

I even posted that last pic to try prove that.....

Tell ya what SFA, if I didn't believe 100% that something weird went down that night, then I think I would have walked away from this thread a LONG time ago

I'm just so fed up with having to keep defending myself on it being a child, etc, although to be fair, I can see exactly why some members are convinced it is.

The only reason I'm hangin in here now, is because I know it wasn't a child !!!

OMG, I think I'm going to have a nervous breakdown...seriously

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join