It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC: Helmand Afghans Want to be Governed by Taliban

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

BBC: Helmand Afghans Want to be Governed by Taliban

kevboyle.blogspot.com

Top story on the BBC news tonight (30th July 2010)was from Nad-e-Ali in Afghanistan's Helmand province.

It was about the British Army's surge to clear this area of Taliban.

There was much talk about difficulties and where this new initiative falls relative to overall coalition strategy, but the astonishing part of the report came when the reporter interviewed a large group of local shopkeepers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I am guessing this is not the kind of news TPTB want the media to be broadcasting...

Basically, I would guess that this group of Afghan locals are not alone in feeling this way.

They don't want us in their country...so why the hell are we there? Initially the reason for invading Afghanistan was to 'flush out' Bin Laden - the guy who DIDN'T blow up the WTC.

Bin Laden isn't there. The Taliban DIDN'T attack the WTC. So, why the hell are we still there?

Ask the greedy Cabal.

One thing is certain - it is not for the good of the Afghan people or the US people or the UK people.

The PEOPLE want the invaders to get out of Afghanistan.
The PEOPLE want peace.
The CABAL want to plunder and kill.

kevboyle.blogspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

Afghans shout 'Death to America' as US vehicle is involved in fatal car accident.

Wouldn't we be doing the same and worse of the situation was reversed, and Afghanistan had invaded our country???

[edit on 31-7-2010 by wcitizen]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I think the fact these people want to be governed by the taliban is a failure in ISAF's COIN-strategy more than anything else. Least of all, I think, it's a sign that these people actually like the way the talibans do business. But apparently, they like even less, the way ISAF does business.

Thus, failure in the COIN-strategy.

Two of the most important objectives in COIN-warfare is to remove the local support, and the funding, from the insurgents. The local support - well, apparently, the Helmandi Afghans support the talibans, at least, so fail there. The funding? ISI still funds the talibans, so fail there as well.

The real question, though, is, how many Afghanis in the rest of Afghanistan (the not-so-war-torn parts), support the talibans in comparison to how many that support ISAF?

In Helmand, there's a war going on, and more room for ISAF to fail, while in the more peaceful regions, ISAF isn't necessarily associated with "failed combat operations equalling massive collateral damage", but rather, "peacekeeping" - and the Talibans are the troublemakers there.

That's my theory at least.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The nations involved in occupying Afghanistan are there for one reason and one reason only: to build a pipeline for oil through the country.

That is what you sons and daughters have been dying for when all they wanted to do was to serve their country with honour and protect the 'homeland' from all enemies foreign and domestic. Such honourable young people manipulated and used by mega-corporations.

The mega-multi-national corporations must be broken up into pieces so that they are rendered incapable of siezing control of any nation and using its military as its own private security force.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
It looks to me like this whole endeavor is under control of the insidious bankers, so the average Joe get nothing out of it...in other words they are being used as tools.
To the average Afghani it looks like the invaders are there for the love of slaughter and plunder.
Come to think of it while the Zionists would like the world to believe that WW ll was about the Holocaust, all the countries that fought the Nazi expansionism also rejected the Jewish refugees...so the world is beginning to see the US as the new scourge of Humanity - the great Satan.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The Taliban was hard core about getting rid of the poppy fields and they were eradicating them in entirety RIGHT WHEN WE INVADED.

THEN, suddenly more poppy fields sprung up within a year than were there before in the first place.

The government claims they were killing off the poppy fields to increase the price of heroin artificially, but that is most likely bunk.

The Taliban are religious extremists, and part of their belief system is very anti-heroin for many obvious reasons.

So the locals think it over "Do I want the anti-drug Taliban crazies or do I want the pro-drug pushing imperialists governing me?"

And it's pretty easy to see why they pick the Taliban over us. They are actually less corrupt than we are, apparently.

Hell it's even admitted that Karzai's brother is a big time drug lord. Ahmed Wali Karzai.

Just do some looking around for a bit and you will see the writing on the wall.

Please Google some of these terms and find out yourself.
Ahmed Wali Karzai
Helmand Opium
Taliban Heroin

Mix those things up and have fun. WARNING : You will find tons of conflicting information. So make sure you have a barrel of salt nearby.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
The nations involved in occupying Afghanistan are there for one reason and one reason only: to build a pipeline for oil through the country.

No not really. The oil pipeline if any would not be in the interests of the US.

The reason for continued occupation is MINERAL WEALTH.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I seem to recall just before the invasion the US lost out on a key pipeline deal to the Ruskies
They did know about the mineral wealth back in the day and the Opium is funding the banks with the direct profits and the money laundering...

So this is increasingly recognized as a war for plunder in the face of failed business practices
I mention this to explain my previous comparison to Nazi expansionism.
They needed resources too, as much to feed their own war machine as to prevent competition.

It all leads back to the plans for world domination of some funky little luciferian gargoyles in the City Of London who abhor a level playing field and any legit competition....a bunch of cowardly users.
Mine Kampf was typed on one of thier type writers

But the Bubbas will wear the cost and the blame just like Germany has when these little punk a$$ed dweebs move on to controlling the next set of dumb @$$ed minions while leaving the cost to be payed by the losers.

Remember the opium wars in China, Vietnam, Burma, Laos, Cambodia, the slaughter of the NDNs in NA, the Rhoads /Boer wars in Africa..etc

oil diamonds gold dope food water minerals sex slaves land artifacts rubber you get the idea etc

en.wikipedia.org...
www.lewrockwell.com...

[edit on 31-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
A note to the Helmand Afghans:

I want to be governed by an uncorrupted Government that upholds
the Constitution in a free Republic.

Doesn't look like I'm gonna get my wish either

[edit on 31-7-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Well said in few words.
secondline.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Let's go back to 1997....

December 1997, to be precise.

Taleban in Texas for talks on gas pipeline

The talks between Centgas consortium, lead by Unocal, and the Taliban concerning a gas pipeline resulted in a deal being signed in 1998 but which was forfeited in favour of the Argentine Bridas Corporation.

Within a couple of years, the Argentine economy would collapse.

Let's go to October 2001. Invasion of Afghanistan. The Taliban are toppled.

The Bridas gas pipeline deal is rescinded in favour of one with Unocal.

Bridas Corporation

On the 27th December 2002, the leaders of Afghanistan, Pakistan and Turkmenistan sign a new deal on the dubbed "Trans-Afghanistan Pipeline"

Trans-Afghanistan Pipeline

Unocal eventually became part of Chevron. One of Chevron's former board of directors was Condoleeza Rice, who on January 15, 2001, became National Security Advisor to President George W. Bush.

Chevron names a 129,000 oil tanker in her honour, only to rename the tanker because of "unnecessary attention":

Chevron redubs ship named for Bush aide/Condoleeza Rice drew too much attention

Let's fast forward to now.

Gas. Opium. Minerals. = Afghanistan.

Oil. Oil. Oil. = Iraq.

Two countries, now occupied by soldiers, on either side of another country with natural resources, which is now being demonised, now being termed a threat....

Iran.

The Great Game of geopolitical and geostrategical positioning is well under way.

War.

War.

War.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by Regensturm]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regensturm
Let's go back to 1997....

December 1997, to be precise.

If you dig a little further I believe the Taliban were called to Washington to do a deal on the pipeline just a few months before 9/11. I remember reading that the deal fell through because the Taliban wanted too much (an actual fair price probably, instead of being cornholed by the oil companies).

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Looks like we lost. That is HILLARIOUS!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

If you dig a little further I believe the Taliban were called to Washington to do a deal on the pipeline just a few months before 9/11. I remember reading that the deal fell through because the Taliban wanted too much (an actual fair price probably, instead of being cornholed by the oil companies).

...and so the obstacle to further negotiations is removed. That obstacle being the Taliban driving a hard bargain.

And who is put in their place?

Karzai.

Who was he said to have worked for?

Unocal.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The war against the Taliban is a joke. It was never about them harboring Bin Laden, or their ideologies, or their brutality. That was just the cover exploited by the religious right about why we're there.

The war was all about business. If you don't go along with big business, then big business brings the war to you.

Take a look at the nature of the Taliban visits to the US and the number of visits;
Context of 'December 4, 1997: Taliban Representatives Visit Unocal in Texas'

It wasn't just Unocal getting in on the act. CIA, Enron, and certain Republican party leaders were in on it. It's almost pure evil.

I don't blame the Helmand Afghans for siding with the Taliban, they obviously recognize the lesser of two evils.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
We went to war against Afghanistan because they were aiding and supporting terrorist scum. The fact that they still support terrorist scum is not surprising. It is an easy consequence of their evil religion, Islam.

Do you think the Japanese enjoyed being occupied after we shut down their war machine? That's the way war works. It's just too bad that the stupid libtards who run this mess are so enamored with the concept of winning their hearts and minds.

If you want to do that latter it's going to cost a lot more money. I'd recommend for starts banning the Koran and requiring christian education camps run by radical christian fundamentalists. It might be a nice turn of events given that the exact opposite is happening in the west. The Bible is being banned and muslim jihadists train terrorists at will.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
thanks for correcting my memory in regards to the pipeline Reg and Probe

as to the christian thing:
those of us who are related to the NDN view point haven't forgot the religion of those that have renaged on pretty much every treaty they ever signed in North America or who divided up south America between themselves.

and it wasn't muslims
that alone was what 20 / 30 million dead?

this business of christians blaming muslims is hilarious and a good reason why religion should be banned from the planet.
Considering that Hitler and the NAZIs were christian's should be reason enough,
sorry to all the christains who actually practice what christ preached - you guys n gals aint so bad.
the ones that want to kill everyone on the planet so your "god" can come for the second time cause he didn't get it right the irst time

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

If you think forcing them to switch religion is going to win the war, you know nothing of military strategy. Similarly to the fact you know nothing about the violent history of Christianity, or so it seems.

"Winning their hearts and minds" is key to defeating an insurgency, because it robs the movement of recruits. If you then proceed to butcher all the insurgents, and they can't get any fresh recruits - voila. Insurgency over.

But, ISAF haven't done a very good job at winning the hearts and minds, in my opinion because they've failed to heed lessons learned in past COIN-operations in Africa and Asia. And because the politicians have tried to play generals one too many times, thereby basically crippling the military operating in Afghanistan.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by David_Reale]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Indeed. The Rabbit hole goes deep.

reply to post by SevenThunders

The people who allegedly commited the September 11th 2001 attacks were predominantly Saudi. Not Afghan. Saudi.

When the US demanded the Taliban hand over Bin Laden, the Taliban very reasonably asked for proof of Bin Laden's involvement before handing him over.

Instead, Afghanistan was invaded.

The war is not about fighting terrorism.

And Unfortunatly for you, the war is not about religion, but business. So your crusade and unsavoury fantasising about what you would like to do to Muslims will just have to remain in your odd and excitable imagination.

But there is a church planning to burn Korans in the US. By all means, join their congregation, from where you can all revel in your bigotry and hatred and where the rest of us, athiest and religious of all denomination, can know what church to avoid.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join