It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars site may hold 'buried life'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Mars site may hold 'buried life'

www.bbc.co.uk

Researchers have identified rocks that they say could contain the fossilised remains of life on early Mars.

The team made their discovery in the ancient rocks of Nili Fossae.

Their work has revealed that this trench on Mars is a "dead ringer" for a region in Australia where some of the earliest evidence of life on Earth has been buried and preserved in mineral form.

They report the findings in the journal Earth and Planetary Science Letters.

The team, led by a scientist from the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence Institute (Seti) in California, believes that the same "hydr
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
astronomyonline.org
www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Is this a step in the disclosure process?

If TPTB are going to tell the world that they know aliens exist this seems like a good way to ease the public into feeling comfortable about the idea. We already had a false alarm when Bill Clinton gave a statement to the press in 1996 saying scientists found microbial life in the Mars Rock 84001. This eventually was dismissed as simply being contaminated with life from earth, however the public has now been primed into thinking this is a possibility.

If this story turns into one confirming that there was indeed life once on Mars I doubt if people will be running in the streets in a panic thinking the world is coming to an end. After a while perhaps more compelling evidence will be released saying that this simple life not only existed but exists to this day, (a mission to Europa or another likely candidate for life in our solar system maybe) then a few years down the line (2012 maybe?) They say actually there is intelligent life out there and we are in contact.

I am getting a bit carried away I know but I read the story and it got me a thinking, perhaps it is an early phase of disclosure along with the Vatican making strategic moves so that if when it is confirmed they are safe, or perhaps not. I'd be interested to see your views ATS. My first post please be kind

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
There already is a thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
And there was me thinking I burst my ATS cherry! Ok so what happens now do I remove it? , leave it?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpiderMonkey

U2U one of the mods listed at the bottom of this page and ask them to delete it.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

knowledge is universal---DORKS!!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
about the 1996 rock, i seriously belive it WAS microbial life, found on mars.

and was only dismissed because it was too much for them to think about at the time. actual evidence of life outside earth. If there was life like this millions of years ago on mars, then what else could have formed since then?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

I very much doubt that, for the scientists involved it would have been the most exciting time of their lives to discover life on Mars

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

the scientist who discovered it were very excited i imagine, but other's went out of their way to try and prove it was just contamination.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I hate when these things are posted and they state "could" or "may" or "possibly"..

Don't bother.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
[edit]

[edit on 31-7-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Well if they proved it then they were correct, no?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

i think intelligent life out there not only will but is at this moment communicating with many humans. this could be one issue out of tptb control. raise the flag!! one GIANT step for mankind.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

i think intelligent life out there not only will but is at this moment communicating with many humans. this could be one issue out of tptb control. raise the flag!! one GIANT step for mankind.

new topics

top topics

join