It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Punishes the Oregon Tea Party

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

Have you listened/watched the second video? It tells you a part of what the impact was.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
For the amount of threads on here regarding Anon, there are a lot of posters on here that have no idea how it functions. Yes, it's a horribly disorganized mess.

It's also a horribly organized and focused group that can accomplish far more than they are given credit for.

There is a faction of newer Anon that, as said by some posters before me, will destroy anything and anyone that will give them a laugh.

There is also a faction that could bring down most of the internet with a couple of days notice, if they were given reason to. The former would be newcomers or people only involved for a couple of years. The latter would be the original group of hackers and outcasts that have been around for a while.

There's also a faction that's been around for an intermediate amount of time, and I suspect they comprise most of the Project Chanology group.

The thing you have to remember is there are those of us that were involved almost 10 years ago when we were teenagers. A group of teenagers that hack and otherwise cause senseless problems for others eventually matures, just like everyone else.

No one ever seems to consider that those people from back then (myself not included, I have long since given up those kinds of things and left /b/ following /b/day) have grown up and realized that there is more to life then taking down amazon.com or raiding message boards. They want to do some kind of good with the skills they possess.

That being said, the ratio of new, destructive Anon to old, calculating Anon is probably 100:1 by now. It used to be the swirling cesspool of the internet, now it seems to be a fad. Anyway, tired as hell rant over.

Just remember, you can't lump this group into a single group. They may have taken away invasion boards, but there are small pockets waiting and communicating in ways you'd probably never think of. From all factions. Only /b/ could destroy /b/, and once they did it made those that remained a thousand times more resourceful.

Don't piss them off. And while Anon is not your personal army, give them a reason to change something and it WILL be changed. Finding the proper motivation is the key.

Oh and one last side note, the more I thought about that YT video that was posted on hacked Facebook pages, the more I realized that it was not meant for the general population. I honestly think it was (trying to be) a sort of wake up call or call to action issued to other Anon. But maybe that's just me.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoboKy
Just want to remind everyone that Anon has no political leanings or anything of that nature. It, literally, is always "For the Lulz". They will attack anyone, right/left, religious/atheist, US/foreign, if it will produce amusement and create e-drama.
Sure they occasionally focus on a controversial group or topic now and again, but you check on their activities on a regular day and it's the autopsy photos of a girl who commited suicide posted on her parents facebook or calling the principle and teachers of the school that some kid who murdered a kitten on youtube attends and telling them that he's a serial killer.
They don't have any interest in grand causes, despite how Project Chanology may appear. So don't take them to seriously and don't bother with the whole "harnessing they're power" stuff. As melodramatic as this will sound, they're sort of like a hurricane, they roll in and proceed to do whatever they feel regardless of whether its positive or negative. As long as lulz are generated, they don't care.
So its best to just avoid them and ignore them. Because praising or condeming their actions just draws their attention, and we all see how that turns out.
Leave the internet's version of a collective sociopath to it's own devices.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Either you or i have misunderstood anon completely. I have not seen a single act that would be repelling from anon. Certainly not posting autopsy photos on the parents facebook. However, i could totally see them posting autopsy photos in general, since that is the right thing to do. People should have ways of getting information if they want.

Maybe i am just so sick and corrupted, that i find this resistance movement totally benign. Posting flashy images on epileptic message boards is about the most offending thing i have heard them doing, and even that i find a bit funny. You can be sure however that this is not what anon stands for. Sure someone could rape a little girl with an V mask in the name of anon, and it would be sweet sweet pie for the media to flame on the incident, but that would most certainly not be anon. Just a sick individual. Will you condemn the black people just because a black man rapes someone? i thought so.

However, i think it is the current society that is so sick and corrupted, that they get offended over what anon does. And this would result in the lulz for anon-people, since seeing someone getting upset over idiotic things is funny indeed. (angry german kid anyone?
)

[edit on 8/5/2010 by above]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by havenvideo
I'm sure their membership has decreased, but I don't need to cite that because it's irrelevant.

How is backing up your claim not relevant?

You're just pulling a bait and switch because you refuse to believe they are capable of anything good or getting anything done.

No I am asking you to prove what you said is even remotely based in reality. Why is that such a daunting task?

At least someone is out there actively fighting for what they believe is right rather than complaining about it on a message board.

What are they fighting for again? I did ask and what you gave me was "Scientology." I asked you to show me what their fight has accomplished and you went all crazy. So they are fighting Scientology and Scientology is doing just fine and this group is somehow a hero over that?

And with that, I'm out of this thread.

I hate when asking for proof scares people off.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

You know, you are yelling at the guy, but you are the one playing stupid word games in the thread. If you dont want to explain yourself, drop it. Why do people bother to bring stuff up if they just want to dance around the topic? Makes no sense.

Maybe for the same reason someone will wait until I have conceded I had the wrong idea twice and moved on to step in and tell me to drop it? I did explain myself. If you are afraid to let your son play online by himself then you should watch him better so you do not have to butt in later and speak out of place like this. I was wrong. I admitted it. Want blood?

On topic, maybe we will get lucky and someone like Rockefeller or Obama or the CIA will piss off Anonymous. That would be much more lulz. For me anyway.

What would they do?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fatality

Have you listened/watched the second video? It tells you a part of what the impact was.

No, I have too much going on here to hear anything. Can someone just give me some stats? How many members have been culled by Anon from Scientology? How many Scientology based corporations have been shut down? How many churches closed? How much revenue lost? What damage has been done by anonymous?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnivea
There is also a faction that could bring down most of the internet with a couple of days notice, if they were given reason to.

I have to ask why people believe they have so much power. What have they done to demonstrate that power? I got that they released a video of Tom Cruise that maybe he did not want everyone to see but I also see that he still has his wife, his money, and his job. He is doing a lot better than people I think actually have talent. I thought they were funny and all but I did not realize people thought they were gods. So can someone show me examples of this great power they have?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae
If you are afraid to let your son play online by himself then you should watch him better so you do not have to butt in later and speak out of place like this.

.... Oh my god I can't believe how much time I wasted on a troll. Well done, sir. You had me going for a whole two pages 'til you outed yourself right here.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

So basically nothing? Scientology has always been a joke so being young I guess you needed someone to tell you that and they did.

Scientology is not a joke. They use manipulative tactics that most of the people understand little about to create a cult of the dollar. Conversational hypnosis and social isolation are freaking devious and completely out of the comprehension of the majority populace.

Trust me, I think their videos are cute and funny too but unless there is any actual impact being made, what are you claiming they got done again?

There are no real stats because it isn't about stats...hell, anon threads get deleted all of the time. What impact may have done?

Try a beginning to awareness...really, I think you are basing a lot of your perception within old frames of thought...survey says that modality is inaccurate...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Since I have a habit of not feeding trolls, I'll just say google it.

As an aside here, I'm really sick of people on here demanding proof for the most mundane of things. Like "Obama said that? PROOF!" when it could just as easily be googled.

Do you claim to have worked at some Jupiteralphabetaepsilonsiriuskmfdm clearance base? Yeah provide proof. Not sourcing an article? Tell them to learn how to use a search engine.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnivea

kmfdm doesn't exist...

This is a totally off topic post (in the vein that we can't expect everyone to know everything that everyone else does or doesn't)...

Don't let it get to you...cultivate, don't "tate"...

Edit to add - you'll never understand the reference...well, a few might.

[edit on Thu, 05 Aug 2010 18:08:21 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis

If you are afraid to let your son play online by himself then you should watch him better so you do not have to butt in later and speak out of place like this.

.... Oh my god I can't believe how much time I wasted on a troll. Well done, sir. You had me going for a whole two pages 'til you outed yourself right here.

I have no idea what this post of yours even means. That does go a long way toward making me feel better about not understanding you before. If all you have is anger and hatred then how about you put me on ignore? I have no clue what this post of yours is supposed to even mean but I think your 3 angry rants have sufficed at this point, no? You want blood too?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

So basically nothing? Scientology has always been a joke so being young I guess you needed someone to tell you that and they did.

Scientology is not a joke.

Sigh. Here is what has happened so far on this episode. I was told Anon is amazing because they made a joke out of Scientology. I pointed out that Scientology is no funnier now than it was before Anon. You tell me Scientology is not a joke. OK then, so anonymous has done NOTHING to them then, right?

They use manipulative tactics that most of the people understand little about to create a cult of the dollar. Conversational hypnosis and social isolation are freaking devious and completely out of the comprehension of the majority populace.

Believe me, I know plenty about Scientology. I have videos from former members and documentaries up the wazoo on Scientology but thanks for that lesson anyway. My question remains what has anonymous done to damage Scientology that makes them worthy of praising for what they did to Scientology.

There are no real stats because it isn't about stats...hell, anon threads get deleted all of the time. What impact may have done?

Then there is nothing. Why are you all holding up this bunch kids on such a pedastal, talking about the heroic things they have done when not one of you can show ONE of these things they have done? If Scientology has not lost an recruiting power or income then what the hell did anonymous do? Seriously, what have they accomplished? If you hit someone and it does not hurt, move, or anger them would you still expect to get rewarded for beating them up?

Try a beginning to awareness...really, I think you are basing a lot of your perception within old frames of thought...survey says that modality is inaccurate...

So I have bad ideas and my thoughts are outdated. Cool, maybe I should find a thread full of anonymous fans and ask some questions and try to learn something right?

How many tries is that so far?

Please do not bother telling me you will not answer my questions and at the same time tell me I need to learn more.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnivea

Since I have a habit of not feeding trolls, I'll just say google it.

As an aside here, I'm really sick of people on here demanding proof for the most mundane of things. Like "Obama said that? PROOF!" when it could just as easily be googled.

Do you claim to have worked at some Jupiteralphabetaepsilonsiriuskmfdm clearance base? Yeah provide proof. Not sourcing an article? Tell them to learn how to use a search engine.

You know what I get really sick of on ATS? People taking the time to write a post about how they do not want to waste time on you. Seems a greater impact would have been to not post anything at all. Now I know you are paying attention and you care.

I am not asking for proof of mundane things. I am seeing "anonymous could crush you" and "anonymous can shut down the internet anytime" and "If only they wanted to go after Obama, muah ah hah hah ha" and all this nonsense about how they are so powerful.

I am asking for ANY proof of this power. ANY. I have dead loved ones, see if you can get them to litter my facebook page with autopsy photos of lost loved ones. That is about the extent of the power anyone has pointed out so far.

If an entire thread is going to bloom under the same notion I feel it is perfectly within the nature of ATS to ask for just a little proof of that notion. Or are we not allowed to be skeptical of anonymous?

p.s. I have googled it plenty. Know what I find when I google "what damage as anonymous done to Scientology?"

NOTHING.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Adevoc Satanae]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

You tell me Scientology is not a joke. OK then, so anonymous has done NOTHING to them then, right?

Anon provided negative media to Scientology that was "unsueable". Scientology at the very least knows that there are people out there who know what they are doing and why.

For now...that suffices.

I think the biggest trap here is thinking that there are measurable quantities to social impact; it isn't there.

One person here...one person there.

It's more about spreading the word then it is about winning "overnight".

That is the major disconnect I see here regarding anon and what they may desire or not...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Anon provided negative media to Scientology that was "unsueable". Scientology at the very least knows that there are people out there who know what they are doing and why.

For now...that suffices.

How so? They did not do anything that was not already done before they came along. Do you think Scientology had nothing but good press until a couple years ago? Are any of these fans of anonymous even older than 20? Scientology has been a target since its inception and has always had bad press. To give credit to anonymous seems more than sill to me anyway since if you ask any young person around here what they know about Scientology, they tell you what they learned from South Park, not anonymous. What are these kids doing with their wisdom to take down that evil empire? Nothing.

So Anon actually did NOTHING to Scientology? I hate to ask a 4th time just to have someone answer again "No, you are wrong, they did lots we just cannot actually point out or even say what that lots is."

I am genuinely curious why they are being held up as something powerful. Show me a demonstration of their power. Scientology makes more money today than it did 10 years ago. WAY TO GO ANONYMOUS!!! WHOO HOO.

What are you really saying they did? Is there a Scientology crying on his way to the bank? Did they do that?

I think the biggest trap here is thinking that there are measurable quantities to social impact; it isn't there.

Then what are you people giving them credit for? What are you all saying they have all this power based on? Something you cannot measure? That makes no sense. If they actually hurt Scientology, that is quantifiable. Scientology is a business. It still sells its product and still makes a fortune doing it. If nothing has been done to impact that then what the hell did anyone do?

One person here...one person there.

You mean just like before anonymous was even a gleam in some nerd's eye? (I say nerd with love)

It's more about spreading the word then it is about winning "overnight".

But this thread is full of people claiming they are all super powerful. How can that be if you are still waiting to see if there was any impact? Are they powerful or are we still waiting to find out if they are? I am sure Scientology is enjoying its 500 million plus a year revenue while we wait.

That is the major disconnect I see here regarding anon and what they may desire or not...

I am not interested in what they desire. I am interested in this thread right here. Perhaps you have not read all the posts I have. Let me state again, people are claiming anonymous could shut down the internet, unseat the president, punish me personally.

I am just asking why people believe any of this is true at all.

That is the spirit of ATS, right? Would you rather this thread just be people telling each other how cool they think anon is? I will gladly delete it and never look back. I read a lot of posts bragging about how powerful anon is and I would simply like some, any, even a little, just a dab of evidence to why people think that.

If you all want to claim they have superpowers, great. Maybe I will even learn to respect, fear, and lust after them like so many in this thread. Unfortunatley, telling me they are super powerful but nothing they have done can be seen, ,measured, quantified, noticed, observed, or even hinted at is just not getting us anywhere, is it?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Adevoc Satanae, if I may ask, how many protest against Scientology were being held around the time your sacred videos from the 90s were released? Because now Scientology is one of the most protested organizations in the world.

Also, how about the French trying to outright ban Scientology altogether?

www.time.com...

This has gone way too far off topic, and honestly, what are you so bitter about? You're running around in circles dodging all the good info laid out before and stuck on this Scientology thing.

Also if you wanna know why you can't find any sources to the questions you're posing, you should know the answer to that already if you're so keen on Scientology's tactics. You know they don't release information. I think you're a Scientologist to be quite honest, because you certainly are acting like one. I expect next you'll be shouting "WHAT ARE YOUR CRIMES?" eh?

I see right through your charade.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Google "What has Scientology Done to Anon"...

For an organization that has infiltrated the U.S. Intelligence Community and the Government...this may be the most glaring fail on their portfolio...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I am genuinely curious why they are being held up as something powerful. Show me a demonstration of their power. Scientology makes more money today than it did 10 years ago. WAY TO GO ANONYMOUS!!! WHOO HOO.

No further answers. You have all that you need...or don't want.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Google "What has Scientology Done to Anon"...

Did that.

For an organization that has infiltrated the U.S. Intelligence Community and the Government...this may be the most glaring fail on their portfolio...

Who? what?

No further answers. You have all that you need...or don't want.

So none then?

Before this thread I had no idea these folks were worshiped as gods and attributed such amazing power as to be able to shut down the internet. Now I am curious. Why do you all believe they are that powerful? What evidence is there they could shut down the internet? What evidence is there they could punish the president of the US if they so chose? Why would you all assert these things and then get all upset when someone asks for some logic to apply to it? There are at least 3 of you responding to me and yet not one of you has offered up one shred of evidence that they have any power to do anything other than hack websites - which hardly makes them special.

Why are these questions so upsetting?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join