It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kabbalah...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Recently I have been looking into this, I find it's all really interesting. I have a few questions for someone who knows alot about the subject
1. Do "Normal" Jew's and Christians view this as some sort of Paganism?
2. Is a Kabbalist the same thing as a Cabalist? I'm guessing it is because it would make sense that in video games etc. they make "golems" or creatures to fight for them, and a Kabbalah Master could in theory enter a dimension where he can create anything, make a "golem" and possibly bring it back here.

Thankyou in advance, I think this is one of the most interesting religions I have ever looked at.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   

1. Do "Normal" Jew's and Christians view this as some sort of Paganism?

Depends on what you view as "normal". I recently participated in a thread on Kabbalah where two Christians falsely tried to equate it with satanic ritual abuse and witchcraft: www.abovetopsecret.com...

However, there are and have been Christians who study the Kabbalah and write commentaries on it.

2. Is a Kabbalist the same thing as a Cabalist? I'm guessing it is because it would make sense that in video games etc. they make "golems" or creatures to fight for them, and a Kabbalah Master could in theory enter a dimension where he can create anything, make a "golem" and possibly bring it back here.

Kabbalah (and therefore its adherents) is known by a variety of names: QBL, Qabala, Kabbalah, Cabbala, Qabbalah, etc.

The golem comes from Jewish folklore. "Kabbalistic magic" is actually independent from Kabbalah itself, gaining its name from the use of Hebrew letters, the Names of God and invocations of angelic beings of different orders that are mentioned in Kabbalistic texts. You don't have to be a Kabbalist to practice Kabblistic magic, but it helps.
If you tell a Jewish Kabbalah teacher/rabbi that you're interested in Kabbalistic magic, however, odds are you'll be thrown out on your ear.

Thankyou in advance, I think this is one of the most interesting religions I have ever looked at.

I wouldn't say Kabbalah is a religion unto itself. It's a branch of Jewish mysticism, though quite adaptable to a number of different faiths, even those as diverse as paganism (though pagan Kabbalists are somewhat of a minority even in the Neopagan movement).

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
You can take almost anyones name put it together different and then you have something evil. I think that guy is overeacting a little, I beleive in jesus I just find the whole kabbalah thing interesting, I read something about a rabbi making golems in prague a few hundred years ago, and useing them to fight off anti-semetic attacks... I'll find the link

kabbalahclub.com...

This website is a little strange....

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
if i remember correctly (that is always a question anymore) the association
with "witchcraft and the black arts" stems from the same interests and avocations as the Roman church burned people for. the sciences, namely
the study of hermetics,mathmatice (sacred geometry),alchemy, astrology/astromomy, etc.. most any search outside the direct control of rome
was considered by the roman church to be "black arts"

from my limited knowledge of the Quaballah it seems to me to be a system
that requires a life long study and daily application.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I believe that the Bible refers to Kabbalah in Revelations 2:8:
"8 And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: 'The words of the first and the last, who died and came to life. 9 "'I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich) and the slander of those who say that they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan."

and Revelations 3:9:
"9 Behold, I will make those of the synagogue of Satan who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie--behold, I will make them come and bow down before your feet, and learn that I have loved you."

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

[Edited on 12-9-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   

new topics