Oil Spill news that you haven''t seen. And never will on MSM.

page: 5
64
<< 2  3  4   >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann

Well, this shows obama took shrewd political advice by allowing the poison to be used. He swept this crap right under the rug, and had no choice but to do so, because he did nothing for 100 days and now the oil has been turned into microscopic droplets no one can recover.



[edit on 31-7-2010 by davidmann]




Im sorry, what authority does the President have to prevent them from spraying corexitt? I have yet to see anything concrete either way. And what magical superpowers would the POTUS have employed to stop the gusher? Specifically, please.

I mean, beyond his unending dictatorial super powers, I'm curious how you come to this conclusion.

Personally, I am REALLY tired of these partisan trojan horse memes that try and make this about the POTUS, and not Transocean, BP, or Halliburton. This distracts from the real issue here, and relies upon innuendo and stretching the truth for your own short-term partisan political purposes

[edit on 31-7-2010 by justadood]

[edit on 31-7-2010 by justadood]




posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
So the $2M beach house is being condemned? Are they paying him a full fair pre-gusher value for it?

I had the impression that the BP cleanup fund might compensate people with property on the beach but stiff people near the beach. Paying off the rich, nothing for the rest.



posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

Originally posted by davidmann

Well, this shows obama took shrewd political advice by allowing the poison to be used. He swept this crap right under the rug, and had no choice but to do so, because he did nothing for 100 days and now the oil has been turned into microscopic droplets no one can recover.



[edit on 31-7-2010 by davidmann]




Im sorry, what authority does the President have to prevent them from spraying corexitt? I have yet to see anything concrete either way....

As Commander in Chief of the US military, in the US part of the GOM he can tell BP to do anything he wants, and if they sit there and do something else, they can get a visit from the Navy not the Coast Guard. Of course he can tell them to stop spraying Corexit to the extent he can verify what is occurring one mile below the surface.

It's called the territorial integrity of the US. Yes I know that doesn't apply to Arizona either these days ...



posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
Forgive me, but you usually call everyone out as idiots in other threads, and yet you post a story with not even a picture? You're hangin' with rich friends, but no digital camera?




Never called anyone an idiot to my knowledge. If you could show me where I did I'd be happpy to apologize. And when I get home I'll be more than happy to upload some pictures of the trip, as well as the marshes and the beach. I'm not hanging with rich friends, I'm spending time with my family. I'm not going to waste time debating which is more important. I posted this after everyone hit the sack because I thought it was fairly important considering the last newscasts I watched they were saying they couldn't find anymore oil. Now if you have something useful to add feel free.

Today the conditions were a bit different at the beach. We took a walk up tp the water and it looked very clear. They have all the booms on the western side of the gulf running north/south, they did this on the bay as well. The tide was going out and there were a ton of people in the water. I stuck my foot in and the water quality was totally different than yesterday. Seemed almost normal.

Upon closer inspection there were fish everywhere. Baitfish swarming, slightly larger fish feeding. Tons of stingray and flounder. Kids were catching the rays in their nets. Dolphins swimming. The water didn't have that quality to it I mentioned in the OP. Felt like any other time we've been. Not sure if it was the time of day or what.

The only negative was some of the people in the water claimed they were itching. Well one person said it and a "city employee" said that the dispersant causes the itching. Funny, but some friends of ours who own a condo out here were swimming with no ill effects. The only difference was out of the crowd of 25 swimming at this area across from the Caribe, they got there after the itching statements were initially made. Not sure if it was contagious hysteria or what. My foot didn't itch. And as sensitive as marine life is those minnow would be suffering some sort of adverse effects. But being as the marine life was so plentiful with no dead fish anywhere to be seen, I'm going to assume that the water was ok. Maybe it was the tide going out and the wind blowing out, I'm not sure.

We also did a little fishing tonight on the bayside. We did pretty well. The fish were very active and appeared, I stress the word appeared healthy. Strange how one day the water is like a soapy bubble bath full of baby oil and no animals are about and the next day it feels like "what oil spill?" and the marine life is active and visible.

But tomorrow is our last day so we'll see what happens.



posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by oniongrass
So the $2M beach house is being condemned? Are they paying him a full fair pre-gusher value for it?

I had the impression that the BP cleanup fund might compensate people with property on the beach but stiff people near the beach. Paying off the rich, nothing for the rest.


I am not sure. It hasn't gotten to that level yet. He just found all of this out and I didn't see a notice posted that it was condemned. This was just verbal communication. If BP does compensate him I imagine it would be sealed as far as the particulars, but then again maybe not. People down here want transparency with this stuff. If I find out I'll let ya'll know. But it probably won't be anytime soon.

I tried to respond to a few folks, but I didn't realize the thread would get this big. Other than what I posted I don't have any other info. I'll get around to reading through the responses when we get home and settled. But thanks for the interest!

And to BP's credit, it isn't the rich that are getting paid off. Please don't get that idea. I have several friends who are fishermen. They are currently working for BP doing "oil spotting". And they are being compensated very very well.

From what I gather BP is doing a good job paying claims, providing food and providing work. I'm sure some people are disgruntled, like the strippers that filed for some BP money because the fishermen don't come in anymore and it hurt their income... But the people I've talked to in that industry are being taken care of.

I will tell you this. With drilling in the gulf shut down, 12k jobs... BP's cleanup efforts, the comp for affected individuals, donations, advertising, etc... I'd be willing to bet that BP accounts for about 20% of LA's economy over the next couple years.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by DrJay1975]



posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I have many friends and family on the MS Gulf Coast. You mentioned a few things that I have heard too.
My wife spoke with a friend that said she has been itchy. She didn't seem to know much at all about the dispersents and its effects. When my wife mentioned it she said something like: Oh, you think so, I heard something about that. Pepole are being lied to.
A fisherman friend said that boats were being let back in the waters and I think 'they' said it was ok to catch certain fish/crabs. That dosen't seem very wise to me, but what's a fisherman to do but fish? I sure don't want to eat any gulf coast seafood at this time.
Also the money thing; it seems that many folks are being pacified with money. Like you said some of these guys are being paid well. I am just concerend for their health.
This thing is not close to over, but many folks, including some gulf coast residents, are acting like everything is OK.



posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by oniongrass
 


Well, sicne you are unable to point to any specific laws, it seems clear to me you are merely guessing, and dont really know for sure. The POTUS is not a dictator, and does not have dictatorial powers.

Your beef is with congress, as well as with your high school civics teacher's inability to do his job.



posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I call B.S. on this post. I live in Daphne, across the Bay from Mobile, Al. Im in Biloxi area 3 days a week. I dont know of and have not seen any marsh area 1 mile in from the coast, and I assume you are talking about back bay areas, that are as you described.

Helicoptors all over the place, well da, there is an Air Force Base in town.

You say you stopped at an area just out of Mobile ? I assume that you are talking about the Causeway? No oil there bud.. sorry, it hasnt made it into the bay... Closest to that area that had oil on its beaches was Dauphin Island and Fort Morgan to the west .
The Alge areas you see this time of year, yep you do on the occasion. Its due from the high heat in the Gulf. Seen it before and will again. Yea, the Gulf is a lil oily feeling, and rightfully so. Big Oil spill !! Oh, and by the way, was at Orange Beach today and saw dolphins in the water and a few whiting that were bumping my legs as I waded in the Gulf. So there are fish.

I dont know when you were in this area, your post was dated 7/31/10 so I again assume it was within the last week. No major oil has been on the beaches in weeks here. Thats what upsets me about your post. Its not true and makes this area and the coast seem like it a hazard area. Oh, and about your friend that has a 2 million beach house on the bay? Has to be in Montrose, Fairhope or down count rd 1, again, nothing yet of any houses being condemned...Sorry, Im not saying ur lying but I will meet you and you can show me the areas you are talking about, Im retired so I can meet anytime to see these areas... Sorry but I call bull on your post...



posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
You state there seems to be some sort of green algea in the water? That is very interesting when coupled with this article I read a few weeks ago.. www.blogster.com... ...contains a vast amount of data to back up the claims being made...


Then turn Gulf into a dead zone. A dead zone is free of life or ability to sustain it. The oil, dispersants and fertilizers deplete oxygen. It kills animals and fish, also turning their remains into fertilizer.

Finally, use Gulf as a giant Algae farm. Algae grows on water surface, getting oxygen from air, not water. Fertilizers like Urea supply much needed nitrogen. The Mississippi and the other rivers that empty into Gulf also pick up fertilizers from the many farms along the way. This feeds the Algae at the mouths of these rivers.

The oil in the water won't hurt the Algae. It will only promote it's growth and burn factor.

Algae costs about $2. a Barrel to refine. This is potentially very profitable.


EDIT: My bad...this was mentioned a page ago...

[edit on 1/8/10 by CHA0S]



posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
What' going on here is terrible! I can't believe you had to dig through six inches of sludge only to find nothing but the saddening results of the spill. Its so disappointing and terrible!


There's a project starting to raise awareness of the BP oil spill and its one we can call contribute to. This video is a trailer for the film but I guess what they are trying to do is to get locals who are effected by the spill to contribute their own footage and to conduct their own interviews and send them in to be involved in a film about what happened. It looks like it could be a great way to get involved.




posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
What' going on here is terrible! I can't believe you had to dig through six inches of sludge only to find nothing but the saddening results of the spill. Its so disappointing and terrible!


There's a project starting to raise awareness of the BP oil spill and its one we can call contribute to. This video is a trailer for the film but I guess what they are trying to do is to get locals who are effected by the spill to contribute their own footage and to conduct their own interviews and send them in to be involved in a film about what happened. It looks like it could be a great way to get involved.




posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Sorry for the double post



posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

Originally posted by fred call
reply to post by Zot Twady
 


Those fumes your sister smelled in that part of the land...they are from the paper mills. Smelly creatures they are, and they are all over the place in that region.


I would think the gentleman's sister would be aware of paper mills in a region she lives.




Thank You...yes she's been there for 15+ years. The fumes in question are new development.

To fred call:
No...not the smell of paper mills, and why would you make that statement?
She lives there, she knows what it normally smells like, you on the other hand cannot possibly know what she is smelling...right?

The more troubling aspect of your comment, is that it appears that you are attempting to undermine the credibility of this information...why?



posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ccumm9
I call B.S. on this post. I live in Daphne, across the Bay from Mobile, Al. Im in Biloxi area 3 days a week. I dont know of and have not seen any marsh area 1 mile in from the coast, and I assume you are talking about back bay areas, that are as you described.

Helicoptors all over the place, well da, there is an Air Force Base in town.

You say you stopped at an area just out of Mobile ? I assume that you are talking about the Causeway? No oil there bud.. sorry, it hasnt made it into the bay... Closest to that area that had oil on its beaches was Dauphin Island and Fort Morgan to the west .
The Alge areas you see this time of year, yep you do on the occasion. Its due from the high heat in the Gulf. Seen it before and will again. Yea, the Gulf is a lil oily feeling, and rightfully so. Big Oil spill !! Oh, and by the way, was at Orange Beach today and saw dolphins in the water and a few whiting that were bumping my legs as I waded in the Gulf. So there are fish.

I dont know when you were in this area, your post was dated 7/31/10 so I again assume it was within the last week. No major oil has been on the beaches in weeks here. Thats what upsets me about your post. Its not true and makes this area and the coast seem like it a hazard area. Oh, and about your friend that has a 2 million beach house on the bay? Has to be in Montrose, Fairhope or down count rd 1, again, nothing yet of any houses being condemned...Sorry, Im not saying ur lying but I will meet you and you can show me the areas you are talking about, Im retired so I can meet anytime to see these areas... Sorry but I call bull on your post...


I guess you didn't ream very well. I did mention about all the fish and how clear it appeared that next day in orange beach.

As far as the marshes I saw, I stopped and took pictures. I'll have them posted tomorrow. And many of these were private helos not military. As far as what they were doing, it was rather obvious.

The house in Perdido is near the Caribe. And I said that was simply what he told me, I saw no supporting documentation. So I wasn't able to verify it.

And no offense but my post is 100% true. I've lived in Mandeville for years. I saw what I saw. And I'll verify it with photos tomorrow. And no offense to you but your speaking from your experiences which is fine. Doesn't make mine wrong. As far as my the condemned house goes, somehow I doubt that you'd be privy to the givernment and BP's dealings with a private homeowner. I'd imagine if he's being honest, it isn't something they want publicisized. As far as the marshes, I frigging walked them myself. I know what oil looks like. So before you call someone a liar you need to make sure you have your facts straight. You left yourself no room for error. And your wrong. Everything I saw was fact. The only thing I'm not sure about is the house being condemned, again i was told that not shown supporting documents.

I've been from Grand Isle out to Destin since this started. And I've seen some horrible things. ANd many areas are a disaster. Some appear fine. Like I said I even popped in the water at orange beach. Right across from the Caribe. And the water was fine the last 2 days of our trip. Tons of marine life, as I said before. But where I saw oil, I saw oil. Touched it with a gloved hand. Reported it. Took pictures. As far as that algae, it isn't your typical gulf algae bloom. I doubt you've laid hands on it. It has some unusual characteristics. I posted this because I love nature, I love the Gulf coast and I was mortified by what I saw. I was also confused because on the news the oil disappeared.

As far as meeting you, I don't know you from Adam, so simply look at the pictures tomorrow. When I left Orange Beach was perfect. You'd never know there was an oil spill if they picked the booms up. But how Orange Beach appears apparently has a lot to do with the weather. I've seen it look terrible and I saw it look immaculate over the weekend. The marshlands I went through, that oil isn't going to disappear anytime soon.

But refrain from calling me a liar until tomorrow. Then feel free to apologize.



posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
You state there seems to be some sort of green algea in the water? That is very interesting when coupled with this article I read a few weeks ago.. www.blogster.com... ...contains a vast amount of data to back up the claims being made...


Then turn Gulf into a dead zone. A dead zone is free of life or ability to sustain it. The oil, dispersants and fertilizers deplete oxygen. It kills animals and fish, also turning their remains into fertilizer.

Finally, use Gulf as a giant Algae farm. Algae grows on water surface, getting oxygen from air, not water. Fertilizers like Urea supply much needed nitrogen. The Mississippi and the other rivers that empty into Gulf also pick up fertilizers from the many farms along the way. This feeds the Algae at the mouths of these rivers.

The oil in the water won't hurt the Algae. It will only promote it's growth and burn factor.

Algae costs about $2. a Barrel to refine. This is potentially very profitable.


EDIT: My bad...this was mentioned a page ago...

[edit on 1/8/10 by CHA0S]


This makes me laugh every time its brought up.

First off, the Gulf has had large algae blooms for years now, due to urban and agricultural run-off. In fact, most major bodies of water have them nowadays, because of all the crap from farms, factories and cars running into them and feeding the algae.


Secondly, there are already massive algae farms in production in different places around the country, on land, that are FAR more productive than this nonsense about harvesting algae from open sea.

The notion that anyone would try and intentionally turn the Gulf into a dead zone for algae fuel production is highly improbable.

In order to produce enough algae to be anywhere near profitable, they would be ensuring major, long term damage to the gulf and surrounding weather systems. They are called 'DEAD ZONES" for a reason. All the oxygen gets depleted and everything dies. This would be FAR worse than the current damage being done by the BP blowout and the added corexitt. So any potential economic benefit would certainly be outweighed by catastrophic damage to the surrounding environs, FAR beyond anything anyone has seen so far.

Here is what an ACTUAL algae farm looks like:




posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Still waiting on pics and location of said pics.....



posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975



As far as the marshes I saw, I stopped and took pictures. I'll have them posted tomorrow. And many of these were private helos not military. As far as what they were doing, it was rather obvious.

And I'll verify it with photos tomorrow.

Reported it. Took pictures.


But refrain from calling me a liar until tomorrow. Then feel free to apologize.


I, too, am waiting for these images that were promised to appear days ago.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by justadood]



posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
LOL, I was just coming by to check out those photos too?

Looks like it was all BS after all?

WHo'd of thunk it.



posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I'm not convinced it's BS. But since he did say he was going to upload the pictures he had already taken, i'm now waiting for them...





new topics
top topics
 
64
<< 2  3  4   >>

log in

join