It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Spill news that you haven''t seen. And never will on MSM.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The only thing I have to add is this bit of anecdotal "news".

I was talking with my sister last night, who is in California visiting from Louisiana.
She said she can still smell strong fumes in RUSTON, LA. That's pretty far north, almost to Arkansas.

Fumes are bad enough that she decided to come out West for a while...

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Thank you very much for posting this DrJay1975. the best news is from people on the beach. the helicopters! they are to stop people filming or testing the water.
can more people do this please.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

Pics or it didn't happen.

Second line

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
If the so-called oil spill was so rich in crude oil, people would be down at the beach with buckets collecting the crude.

The stuff coming up in a geyser has been a thin virgin sheen that is nothing in thickness compared to the crude of the Exxon Valdez.

Tony Hayward pointed out this little fact. The American paranoid media went bonkers that there was proof the oil spill wasn't nearly as bad as they have the sky falling about.

Ah, well. It's all part of the overall plan to keep people off balance with abject fear on the domestic level. Keeps voters from thinking about solutions to real problems.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Zot Twady

Those fumes your sister smelled in that part of the land...they are from the paper mills. Smelly creatures they are, and they are all over the place in that region.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starbug3MY
Did anyone see Michelle Obama telling folks to come on down to the gulf! There's nothing wrong here, bring the family! Swim! surf! these are the areas that need your tourism dollars! Let's help them out!

Later there was a photo of her getting out of a pool, not the gulf, a pool... And what was printed all over her bathing suit?

I would suggest that your post is a bit off topic, and potentially consciously or unconsciously perpetuating a partisan meme that has very little to do with the big picture here.

Firstly, the quote, in its entirety, was as follows:

"“It is vacation time. Folks are looking for things to do with their kids, and this would be a great opportunity to do a few things — help this community, send a different message about the extent of the spill, and also think long term about how the rest of the country can help this economy and the folks down here."

So your claim that she told people to "Swim! surf!" is patently false. A lie, repeated intentionally to distract, or because of a diet of one-sided 'news' broadcasts.

She encouraged people to contribute to the economy. Those are two wildly distinct things.

Yes, the First Lady encouraged people to visit the Gulf coast. If she didn't, it would only contribute to the economic troubles of the region, and many would be equally critical of her if she were to warn people away from the area.

And while I certainly wouldn't go swimming down there myself, and might not try and go clean up corexitt laced crude with my hands, I'm curious; Is there something specific you think she should have said differently? Perhaps suggest that they evacuate the entire Gulf Coast and relocate everyone in your home state? Maybe tell everyone never to visit any small towns on the Mississippi coast ever again, so the small mom and pop shops wither up and die?

That is what you think would be the most helpful approach at this time?

IT'S ALL ABOUT ME! (I almost threw up.)

What's all about who, now? Are you here to stir up partisan nonsense, or discuss the reality of the Gulf coast?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by fred call
reply to post by Zot Twady

Those fumes your sister smelled in that part of the land...they are from the paper mills. Smelly creatures they are, and they are all over the place in that region.

I would think the gentleman's sister would be aware of paper mills in a region she lives.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hi there,

Its great to get a first hand report like this.

However, the thread title is ' Oil Spill news that you haven't seen. And never will on MSM'

Sorry to be a bitch but I ain't seeing anything here. Your thread should be 'Oil spill news that you haven't read etc'

You know you need pics for this. It is ATS.

And I'm guessing you actually have them and are just waiting on someone to make a big enough fool of themselves before you slap out the pics.

So, I nominate me. You ain't been on no trip to this area, Where's the pics. This is fearmongering. Where's the Pics ?

(you can post the pics now )

[edit on 31-7-2010 by JohnySeagull]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by fred call
If the so-called oil spill was so rich in crude oil, people would be down at the beach with buckets collecting the crude.

Clearly you are here to distract. There have been over a million gallons of dispersant used to break down the crude oil in the Gulf. This is the most basic of information available on this incident.

So for someone to pretend to think that just because there arent hundreds of millions of gallons on the beaches that the oil spill didnt ocurr at all seems beyond feasible.

Either you are amazingly uninformed, only interested in being contrary, or here to distract from a topic thread you must be somehow threatened by.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by fred call

Oil is an even more productive energy source minus catalytics.

The way they work is to cause more demand for gasoline. Someone laid down a thread that was starred for as many replies there, about three-4 months ago. It was probably called the catalytic converter conspiracy, not sure.

It seems that a properly tuned engine wasn't getting the exhaust hot enough to react with the platinum and perform the chemical conversions, so they tacked on hot air pumps, costing an alleged 40 horsepower. Essentially you get a tiny improvement in air/exhaust quality but you wind up using more fuel, much more, than without the converter. You pollute more with the converter.

There was an awful run of engines with a dead cylinder or two, usually the number 1 or number 4 (the highest, front ones, furthest from coolant) in the early 70's, when the emissions controls went mad. Think what that cost? All those scrapped cars? And then the ones that were not scrapped were driving on spewing 25% live unharnessed explosions past the rings, really cutting in to the engine's efficiency. Burned valves were also a problem, as the designers rejetted to run lean as possible (hot).

As much as I like the poetry of internal combustion engines...electric cars may become quite realistic. But first, we need to break out cheaper electricity sources from hiding. Or get tptb out of the way. Many rumors abound that technology is being suppressed. I doubt that by buying an e car, one will see savings, in this era.

'Under my plan, electrical costs will necessarily skyrocket.'

-barry soetoro

This depends on fueling the globalwarminghoax™, of course, so it serves more than a few purposes. They rig, they integrate. They can play this game forever. If electricity does become cheap (easy to produce/solar), then they will lay on the taxes. It will be monitored closely, because they can. The boondoggle of e cars many have mentioned already. Lots and lots of oil and btu's go in to the making of everything. Oil is a lubricant needed for nearly all manufacturing. It is my hope that the roads share vehicles of many type of power. For trucks, motorcycles, heavy moving, trains etc..., gasoline is the best. For cars, it will be a big juggling act to screw us the right way, the way they want to screw us, as ever. It's a crisis, and there are so many of us.... But the e cars use electricity that is anything but free of oil. They are early in design, so most likely far from efficient. Plus, the technology will be dispersed in dribs and drabs. I'd love to be proven wrong on this.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsup
I agree with the poster that said the algae bloom was from all the dead organic matter causing a nitrogen spike. I live close to the St Johns river in Jacksonville and we have had the worst ever fish kill this year from toxin and algae. And just wait till the algae dies! Talk about some 'stink and foul.'

There has been less indication of algae bloom this year over last year, as well less fish kill due to toxins from either the red or green tides that run through the ST.Johns and Atlantic coast along Jacksonville. Note living near the St. Johns in Jacksonville is not good enough for me as I live on the St. Johns, and fish from shore and from boat along its tributaries on a daily basis. Due to water depth changes from dredging the St.Johns, rapid expansion along the river shores, marked increase in bridge construction, as well as extended high temps warming the water slightly more than normal has caused changes in normal nesting/run behaviors of fish in the St. Johns. The last 2 years have shown the greatest impact from man made environmental changes over natural environmental changes. I have had to find different fishing holes that produce consistent catches as well as find these patterns have changed from normal variations by as much as 30 days. I talk to F&W, as well as management at Hugenot Park to keep abreast of toxin levels and toxic tides several times a week. I disagree with your statement and claims concerning the St.Johns. Let me know if you want to go fishing sometime

Back on Topic:
I really feel for the tidal areas along the western and northern GOM shores. There may be long lasting effects that most of us cannot predict. More concerning is what will the effect be on the inland tributaries that depend on tides from grossly affected areas?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
wow very inmteresting thread.

I am only half way through it, but very interesting

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
People are stupid
but the government has been poisoning our drinking water with pharmeceutical drugs and flouride to make us docile. So people are stupid.

The oil spill could easily be an intentional plot to sicken a large portion of the US population. It serves the goals of depopulation and gives them plenty of political momentum to push carbon tax, cap and trade, world government, you name it. Those that get sick will spend money at hospitals and use the new health care system. Those that die, make for less useless eaters. The next generation will suffer severe birth defects.

It's gonna be like 'The hills have eyes' in the south soon. Mutant rednecks in a post apocalyptic wasteland.

I agree that there are too many people and we should encourage people to have only one child. This world we live in is the result of a program of intentional depopulation

It's really sad that we can't make this work. People are just too crazy. The people in power are mad. The people under the thumb of tyranny are mad. Everyone is just mad. It's a mad mad mad mad world.

I can see the optimistic side. I mean what if it's like 'Star Trek' and the one world government actually serves the people of humanity instead of a few tyrants and thugs, warlords, con men. What if it uses the technology available to make life good for all mankind, instead of hoarding it. People are hoarders. The people in power most especially.

I know that the technology exists now where we could all produce our own electricity, water, food all from our own homes and live self sufficient and sustainable lives. We could do work via the internet, learn over the internet, I think even vote over the internet. Universal health care, thats a tax people won't mind paying. Life could be good. For everyone.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Originally posted by -Thom-
Always 'good' to read actual eye-witness accounts.
Now let's hope Doc Velocity is on vacation

You can hope all you want... Hope in one hand and defecate in the other, see which hand fills up fastest.

Don't for a minute think that I ever DENIED there was an oil spill. I never said that. I said the news reportage, the "environmental catastrophe" hype was overblown and that it amounted to a hoax, a hoax that even the MSM is starting to question itself.

Anyone who lives on the upper Gulf Coast — especially anyone who GREW UP on the upper Gulf Coast in the vicinity of the Mississippi River delta KNOWS that the whole region has suffered oil and other kinds of pollution for DECADES. It's just a fact of life.

Anyone who tries to tell you that the upper Gulf Coast was some kind of pristine wetland before Deepwater Horizon is a liar. The upper Gulf Coast has been polluted with oil and all sorts of other chemical crap for my entire life.

And don't think you can mention Doc Velocity without me making an appearance. Speak of the devil...

— Doc Velocity

Oh but I knew you would read my post
. I just don't agree with your view on the whole subject because I feel you're making claims too easily. I think we should be very careful about the whole matter and not jump to conclusions too soon. You may not like my mocking tone in my post but I don't like jumping to conclusions, and that's what I see a lot on ATS.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by -Thom-]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

What you say about the algae is very interesting and it reminded me of this article. A number of big 'names', big bankers and big corporations have heavily invested in bio fuels which requires signifant areas for algae growth. The Gulf is an area naturally conducive to algae growth. An algae industry in the Gulf of Mexico area would require a 200 mile dead zone.

Please see the article on the link below. It might just all start to make perfect sense.

Startling revelations - more going on in the gulf of mexico than an oil spill.

www.blogster.com...

[edit on 31-7-2010 by wcitizen]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

What you say about the algae is very interesting and it reminded me of this article. A number of big 'names', big bankers and big corporations have heavily invested in bio fuels which requires signifant areas for algae growth. The Gulf is an area naturally conducive to algae growth. An algae industry in the Gulf of Mexico area would require a 200 mile dead zone.

Please see the article on the link below. It might just all start to make perfect sense.

Startling revelations - more going on in the gulf of mexico than an oil spill.

www.blogster.com...

[edit on 31-7-2010 by wcitizen]

I have seen this point brought up over and over, but I have yet to see one piece of real info to imply that algae produced in salt water (not to mention contaminated) is somehow profitable or feasible.

the large investments in algae production for fuel are for large land-based projects like this one:

www.groovygreen.com...

news.cnet.com...

I'm not saying the info is wrong, but seeing as how there are already profitable, feasible algae-ponds and 'factories' in many different states, I think maybe you are missing a piece of the picture.

Is it even feasible to harvest algae from a large ocean body? I'd love to see a real answer.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Give it a break on the "where are the pics?" There's over 300 here:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

And if you want want more recent and specific evidence how about this:

www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

How do you come to the conclusion that there's no oil left out there?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

I know for a while that catalytic converters were popular with thieves who stole the converters for the metal parts inside. Yeah, sure. Catalytic converters suck up more gas. Everything put on an automobile since 195p has sucked up more gas. Hence the price of gas appreciates at the pump.

If you know how to fix your own engine, you know how to eliminate the gas guzzling crap on your vehicle.

Meanwhile, we don't have an alternative energy source that can replace oil.

But they are working at harnessing methane as the alternative fuel of the future. That's what BP was doing in the Gulf. Drilling for methane, when something went wrong. Then methane became the enemy of the whacko environmentalists.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann

Well, this shows obama took shrewd political advice by allowing the poison to be used.

Think of it...every media outlet saying 'where's the oil', and bloated sunday conspiracy theorists, you know, the ones who 'slum it' with the whackos here, laughing and gloating in between self-adulation sessions.

He swept this crap right under the rug, and had no choice but to do so, because he did nothing for 100 days and now the oil has been turned into microscopic droplets no one can recover.

Where's the oil? All 200 million gallons?

Everywhere.

BP just extended the legitimacy of the soetoro presidency, while saving themselves billions, if not trillions. One hand washes the other, and the sink is a clear plexiglass bukake harness we wear around our necks.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by davidmann]

Right on the mark there!

Starred!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by fred call

Then methane became the enemy of the whacko environmentalists.

It did??

I must have missed the memo.

Out of curiosity, what defines someone as a 'whacko environmentalist'.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join