It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Spill news that you haven''t seen. And never will on MSM.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It's a real shame what has happened due to our addiction to oil and greed. The leak may have come a halt, but as many feared, the impact of the spill shall remain for a very long time. Giant mile long oil plumes plague the Gulf, the beaches are covered in crude oil, and and beyond.

There are many stories like the one included in the OP that don't make the MSM...however, surprisingly, MSNBC had excellent coverage of the spill...unlike Fox News...

At MSNBC we were hearing about the oil spill and the impact.
Over at Fox, we were hearing about how Obama hates white people.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
My Parents and daughter just got back from spending a week on the beaches of southern Florida. Not a speck of oil to be seen the whole time they were there. ATS had me warning them about how the beaches of east Florida were being decimated before they left. I felt like an idiot for warning them about that. I don't know what to believe anymore, so much conflicting information.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
If you are on a long, lonely road with an empty gas tank, BP Oil is God.

Other than Bobby Jindal and a handful of Louisiana crab fishermen, the rest of America isn't losing all that much sleep over the oil spill. Motorists from Washington State to New York State to Florida are more keeping their eyes glued to the sign that announces today's price of gasoline at the pump.

The nice part about the media in America tody is that you can pretty much ignore it. If you really, really want to. You actually can make your own informed decisions.

Now, don't get carried away. When I say you can make your own informed decisions, I'm not talking to everyone in America. I'm talking to you. The few, the proud, the patriotic.

Stop to think. If you own either a dairy farm or a coal mind, you can make your own alternative fuel source. That's right. You don't have to go bonkers worrying about BP Oil.

Unless, of course, Big Brother comes to take away your dairy farm and your coal mine. Well, that's something to worry about.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Yes, the beaches in Florida are mostly untouched by the oil spill.

But the truth of tourism in Florida is that most tourists swim in hotel swimming pools, anyway. Tourists tend to not enjoy the feel of salt water. They like the fresh water of swimming pools. And there are no sharks or jelly fish in swimming pools. Yes, fish defecate in the ocean. Swimming pools are so much more convenient.

And tourists usually don't get run over by one of the thouands of boats that are daily churning the waves of the Atlantic. If you go scuba diving in the South Florida waters, the sounds of motors everywhere drive you to complete distraction. You know how sound travels in water. It always sounds as though a boat is coming directly at you. There's no such thing as silence while diving the reefs.

As for tar balls on Florida's beaches, yes, there have always been tar balls. That's why hotels offer alcohol to clean the tar from your feet if you've been in the ocean, and you decide you want to swim in the pool. Tar is a natural element of the Atlantic. And much of it comes from the big tankers and ocean liners and pleasure crafts combing offshore.

For those of you in Florida who are planning on evacuating because you fear impending death from the oil spill, I have one word of advice: before you evacuate, list your oceanfront property with a reputable real estate broker.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I agree with the poster that said the algae bloom was from all the dead organic matter causing a nitrogen spike. I live close to the St Johns river in Jacksonville and we have had the worst ever fish kill this year from toxin and algae. And just wait till the algae dies! Talk about some 'stink and foul.'

We humans will just never learn, and I guess spending our remaining days on a toxic, fouled planet is the price we will pay for phony lifestyles.

Anyhow, thanks for the report and it dosen't surprise me a bit concerning all this fake publicity visible on the more popular beaches.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
My Parents and daughter just got back from spending a week on the beaches of southern Florida. Not a speck of oil to be seen the whole time they were there. ATS had me warning them about how the beaches of east Florida were being decimated before they left. I felt like an idiot for warning them about that. I don't know what to believe anymore, so much conflicting information.

That's why i've been actively railing against the fear mongers predicting evacuation and ELE.

Thats the problem with the fear-mongers and their ego-fueled obsession to be first instead of right.

Yes, this oil is there, yes the corexitt is there. But when people play it up to a ridiculous degree, it harms even the tempered and verified reports by association, which then empowers people to pretend that because the Worst Case Scenario didnt play out, that 'everything is fine'.

This is why the true 'disinfo' agents are those who spread unsubstantiated fear instead of slow, reasoned, careful steps.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsup

The algae and dead fish of the St. John's River are due to the massive population growth and building by developers. Every retired New Yorker wants to live on a river in Florida. Where there once were cypress and mangroves, there are now houses occupied by retired New Yorkers.

When the mangroves and the cypress and what not are removed in lieu of new homes, the natural filtration system is going. Florida fresh water rivers go salt and brackish, killing the fresh water fish.

Freah water fish in the St. Johns River do not use BP oil from the Gulf, nor do they care about Gulf oil wells. They have their own set of problems with New York retirees moving to Florida.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

Well, this shows obama took shrewd political advice by allowing the poison to be used.

Think of it...every media outlet saying 'where's the oil', and bloated sunday conspiracy theorists, you know, the ones who 'slum it' with the whackos here, laughing and gloating in between self-adulation sessions.

He swept this crap right under the rug, and had no choice but to do so, because he did nothing for 100 days and now the oil has been turned into microscopic droplets no one can recover.

Where's the oil? All 200 million gallons?

Everywhere.

BP just extended the legitimacy of the soetoro presidency, while saving themselves billions, if not trillions. One hand washes the other, and the sink is a clear plexiglass bukake harness we wear around our necks.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by davidmann]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
If everything is so bad along the Florida coastline, why are so many Chinese buying up Florida real estate?

Gee, hasn't anyone told the Chinese that those who live along the Florida coastline are doomed to die from the oil spill?

I suppose the Chiense haven't learned the severe lesson taught by greed that devoured the American greedy. The Chinese are not listening to the dire warnings. They are buying up the oceanfront condos like mad. The Chinese are so greedy they are their own worst enemies.

Not to forget that China has signed an exclusive agreement with Cuba and Spain to drill for oil just twenty miles off the Florida Keys. But that's another matter.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by fred call

Actually, If I'm stuck on a lonely road without gas, electric cars are my Gods....not some oil company responsible for destroying the Gulf. And yes, many Americans are actually losing sleep over it. If they aren't...well, they can go continue watching American Idol and live in a world of denial and false happiness.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Let's see....an electric car gets about forty miles before needing a recharge.

How long was that lonely road you were lost on without a recharged electric car?

And to recharge an electric car you need electricity generated by fossil fuel.

Well, maybe an electric car is small enough that it will be easier for you to push to an electric socket.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Thanks Dr. Jay! This is how i prefer to absorb my news as of late... straight from the most simple journalistic form of all..."word of mouth".

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Dont forget the massive amount of fossil fuel energy required to manufacture that electric car.

I'm no fan of a petroleum-based economy, or a defender of oil companies, but the VAST majority of those who complain about it seem to think that they can continue to consume at the levels they have grown accustomed to in that a petrol-economy, but just make it 'green'

that, as you know, is a bourgeois delusion born from laziness and privilege.

Scaling down is the only solution, not electric cars that run on coal-powered energy.

There is no magic button to make the Average American's consumption levels sustainable.

Well, maybe if we kill everyone else on the planet.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve

Isn't it possible they just couldn't see it because of how much it has dispersed into the water?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niccawhois

Originally posted by DrJay1975
The marshes some 1 mile from the coast(Mississippi), have a layer of what looks like pudding over the grasses. Booms were overun. Helicopters everywhere, no workers in the area. I can't imagine how some of these marshes will ever recover in my lifetime.

How about go change the oil in your car and dump it on some weeds/grass, yes it will kill it, wait a year and the next spring things will be growing like crazy in your homemade oil spill! oil goes away, it just does!

Try spilling a little radiator fluid on your lawn. I hear it is in core-effit. Even the weeds won't have it, two years later. It is deadly as well. Oh well...the OP is pointing out the reality, and that the unified news network is LYING! If they hadn't used the dispersant, obama may already be gone, and BP destroyed, due to the black and white obviousness of the destruction. Instead we get media trix and cover ups for corruption, and the nwo rolls on...

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Well, to kill everyone else on the planet is not difficult given the technology. The problem is burying or cremating all the bodies. If all the corpses are left lying around, the rats will create a plague. Then you will eventually die, too.

Ergo, neutron energy offers the potential of not only killing, but cremating everyone else.

Of course, there is directed energy. You know, the laser type stuff you see on Star Trek. Yes, we have those weapons. They are mounted on the noses of 747s. They can incinerate an entire city in no time.

Gee, you'd think that directed energy could be used to light an average sized American city?

But, anyway, why worry. Because BP and all the other oil giants have doomed the plaent to extinction. There is no hope. Everyone will perish inside their electric automobiles stalled along the interstate highway system.

Resistance is futile.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by -Thom-
Always 'good' to read actual eye-witness accounts.
Now let's hope Doc Velocity is on vacation

You can hope all you want... Hope in one hand and defecate in the other, see which hand fills up fastest.

Don't for a minute think that I ever DENIED there was an oil spill. I never said that. I said the news reportage, the "environmental catastrophe" hype was overblown and that it amounted to a hoax, a hoax that even the MSM is starting to question itself.

Anyone who lives on the upper Gulf Coast — especially anyone who GREW UP on the upper Gulf Coast in the vicinity of the Mississippi River delta KNOWS that the whole region has suffered oil and other kinds of pollution for DECADES. It's just a fact of life.

Anyone who tries to tell you that the upper Gulf Coast was some kind of pristine wetland before Deepwater Horizon is a liar. The upper Gulf Coast has been polluted with oil and all sorts of other chemical crap for my entire life.

And don't think you can mention Doc Velocity without me making an appearance. Speak of the devil...

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

So basically, you rather see this:

instead of

Sorry, it's 2010. Time to upgrade to cleaner energy. I know, I know...no one likes change on this site,

Thanks.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by SeventhSeal]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsup
I agree with the poster that said the algae bloom was from all the dead organic matter causing a nitrogen spike. I live close to the St Johns river in Jacksonville and we have had the worst ever fish kill this year from toxin and algae. And just wait till the algae dies! Talk about some 'stink and foul.'

We humans will just never learn, and I guess spending our remaining days on a toxic, fouled planet is the price we will pay for phony lifestyles.

Anyhow, thanks for the report and it dosen't surprise me a bit concerning all this fake publicity visible on the more popular beaches.

the riverways over the east side of my balcony were really green for a long time and a canal way still is across the street. My roommate said he has never seen it that green in 5 years. It smelled really bad at one point. I tried to get pics but they didn't come out right on my phone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join