It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explaining The Elites: Empire - Superclass

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Explaining The Elites: Empire - Superclass

Wow, something now in the msm, i hope this becomes more popular (the talking about the big powers).

english.aljazeera.net...

A new breed has emerged; they set the global agenda, ride on Gulfstreams and manage the credit crunch in their spare time. They are anything but elected; they are entrepreneurs and entertainers, media moguls and former politicians - the self-made super rich who are using their money to lay down a new set of global rules. So where did this new global aristocracy come from and who is keeping them in check? Is the world suffering from a global governance gap?

What do you guys and gals think of the discussion? Some of you may already know most of this, there were some interesting things, do watch it all though.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by GoodLuckCharm]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
This looks awesome... I will watch it tomz morning.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
It was awesome.

Empire apparently is an intelligent show. Nice to have some good debates going on.

I watched the whole thing just now, I really liked it and was never bored for a second. I liked hearing the viewpoints of all the people speaking, and I especially like the presenter and his attitude about the subjects. He was a great host for the at times untenable debate.

Of course those whom question things will be suspicious of such a discussion, but for now I will simply say I enjoyed watching it and it really spurred a lot of thinking inside myself as a result.

Now, it is clear that many of these speakers want a "better system", and one that brings "global accountability" to the "elite", especially when it comes to the private sector, and the "revolving door" where private sector and public sector merge (and often times looking like corruption).

What they are getting at subtly here, I think, is that some form of global government is necessary on a broader scale than we have today. And that international laws and international mechanisms need to be strengthened to provide Checks and Balances to "reign in" the elite and keep them under control (by the people).

I do not disagree with this idea, but I have great concerns about increasing the power of global laws or mechanisms in any case, because it gives wide room for abuse when itself becomes corrupted and twisted.

I am sure we all can agree that the people, aka "little man", has no place at the table of politics/economics/military/etc. And that is what the bottom line of this video was about. How can we get a place at the table for those with no representation and no voice?

This is the biggest question of our times, and hopefully we can find a way to really get power back to the people and get us a chair at the table and get our voices heard.

The debates raged over all types of topics, and was extremely enjoyable to follow along with.

Thank you very much for posting this, I really liked it. I will now be looking for more episodes of "EMPIRE" in the future. Good show.

And yes I know it's from Al Jazeera, and sure that's suspicious due to the big money and vast international connections behind it. But that's beside the point. It was nice to see intellectual discussion in a serious manner for once. It really was.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Anybody who has ever written the letters TPTB on ATS should be forced to watch this video. It really was interesting and highlights the problems we face as citizens who are having our lives controlled by these Elites.

When you vote for your Government, you are voting for people, just like you to represent you. The problem we have now, is that we elect individuals who do not represent the interests of their citizens rather the interests of big business. Big business now has control over the decisions of our individual nation states.

Citizens like you and I no longer have a seat at the table when it comes to making the big decisions that affect the world, maybe we never had, but it seems with these Global Elites getting a voice is to get harder and harder.

On a side note, It does annoy me that celebrities can have such a political influence on the Global scale. It's a sad enditement on our culture that we have let Celebrity become such a powerful tool

Anyway was a fascinating debate and more educational than any of the Conspiracy Theory take on these matters.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Ehhhh gonna have to pass on the bandwagon.
Just watched the first 30 mins and it seemed too much like pro wrestling.
There were some good questions asked and there were alot of people cut off before they could give a straight and clear answer.
They also argued apples and oranges, globalization a thousand years back vs globalization now, no comparison.
I do have Al Jazeera bookmarked in my browser but this one just did'nt set with me.
But I agree we do need to drag the elites into the spotlight, it opens up new questions to the unaware.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
We definitely have more information. But its not nearly as condensed and centralised as is needed to communicate the content and context of the issues that this discussion was centred on.

That guy sitting to the right of the host was a douche. He was an apologist/deflectionist for the purposeful dumbing down of the masses and rise of the globalists agenda.

Emphasis on globalists.

I'm all for a one world government, and centralisation of certain industries. What I'm not all for is 1% of the worlds families to be at the helm of this rocket-ship called earth with little to no accountability.

There was some books mentioned at the start that I'm gonna track down.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I think this was good enough, that I am now having my wife watch it.

It's worth keeping the thread alive imho as well, because things like this can spur critical thinking and discussion and that's what I like to see around here.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I think this was good enough, that I am now having my wife watch it.

It's worth keeping the thread alive imho as well, because things like this can spur critical thinking and discussion and that's what I like to see around here.

I agree, it's essential viewing imo. especially for members of ATS.

It's left quite an impression on me and I'm surprised more people havn't commented.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The four guest speakers are extremely well connected obviously. And highly educated.

David Rothkopf
rothkopf.foreignpolicy.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
He has literally dozens of 'titles' for his resume.

Janine Wedel
I honestly am having trouble finding info on her, she is extremely well connected though. She wrote "Shadow Elite".
On this wikipedia page it references her and the book, and says she is " George Mason University Professor".
en.wikipedia.org...
She has had dozens of high profile jobs.

Jeff Faux
Founder of the Economic Policy Institute
Did all kinds of other high profile stuff.
Extremely hard to find any good info on. lol

Moses Naim
en.wikipedia.org...
That wiki link may not work-uses special characters. If not, type the name in wikipedia.
Heres his website. www.moisesnaim.com...

He was the executive director of the World Bank.

Granted I only did a few minutes of research from google and wikipedia, they were not easy to get super fast results with like I am used to with most high profile people.

I am sure we can find tons of info on them if we dug more and read their books. I WILL be finding a copy of these books at the library from all four of these guest speakers.

How high profile can you get? This is a who's who list right here of powerful influential people you never heard of right here. They seem to be more of a type of bureaucratic elite though, rather than our usual popular names like the old money and top entrepreneurs or celebrities or politicians.

I personally didn't know anything about these people, yet I realize they are not just some joe off the street. They know what they are talking about, and it's extremely relevant to anything ATS for sure.

Perhaps one of the reasons that it hasn't gotten the attention it deserves is because of the density of the information here.

I have to admit watching it a second time again, is even better than the first. I am going to be pushing this video on some more people. Hehehe

[edit on 1-8-2010 by muzzleflash]

new topics

top topics

join