It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Posts Mysterious 'Insurance' File

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by misinformational

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Isn't there a law against having and making encryption software the government cannot crack? I read about that a while back.

That's akin to a law against having a conversation that the government can't hear, or owning a safe the government can't open.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by misinformational]

I think that law only includes the United States Big Brother society. There are no laws like that in Europe as far as I know.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blazer

Originally posted by spikey
Has anyone tried 'No more secrets' (Sneakers) as the key?

Rewatch the movie, it was "too many secrets"

Also the phrase possibly have a NASA connection:

Martin Bishop: [re-arranging Scrabble letters] SETEC ASTRONOMY... TOO MANY SECRETS.

SETEC ASTRONOMY eh...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
The only way that we will get to see this file is if Mr Assange dies...

This is his life insurance policy, the more people download it the better the policy will be and the safer his life will also be.

It makes me feel like we've entered the Game....

All the best...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Straw Glass and Bottle = Fiasco

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

there are many branches of the Mk Ultra Project all in degrees I would know
the Lesser Degree for sure Mk Project How it Started! was in 2 forms Nazi Germany Concentration experiments Human experiments and the Japanese ( Unit 731 Human experimentation Unit ) After the war these sick mad doctors
were taken by the Americans & Soviets (Russians ) (Operation Paperclip )

Just one

Hubertus Strughold was implicated in Nazi human experimentation; the aeromedical library at Brooks Air Force Base was named after him in 1977, however it was later renamed because documents from the Nuremberg War Crimes Tribunal linked Strughold to medical experiments in which inmates from Dachau were tortured and killed

here is a different source to look at ohh wiki LOL

Human experimentation in the United States
en.wikipedia.org...
Human Subject Research
en.wikipedia.org...

from Natural News // The true U.S. history of human medical experimentation
www.naturalnews.com...

On Topic of the thread !
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This insurance file for what ever it holds besides the 75,000 Afghan files is exactly what it is insurance More like if you try to pull something on me
Someone will release the key world wide ...

this kinda reminds me of .. like say... a Movie called Enemy of the State
and a movie called Sneakers...

It's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information" .....The Insurance Files....

WikiLeaks Dot Org (Mashup)

well forget NSA CIA FBI be afraid well.... basically this !

Narus Incite systems
www.narus.com...

The Video a must see video boy is this scary
www.narus.com...

Anyone Remember the Pentium III & Windows 95 Serial security leak l

NSA could be looking through your Windows

NSA and Google are partnering up

ahhhhhh...... Never Mind folks go back to Sleep nothing to see here ...
go back watching MTV Reality Shows..

edit for missing parts ..

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
"The truth is the only way that we can get anywhere." - Assange

AMAZING ARTICLE - INTERVIEW

read this ... its a must for anyone with half of a brain

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jlafleur02

Originally posted by ohhwataloser
reply to post by locster

I just downloaded it, 1422.72 mb, so I don't know what you downloaded.

Well Im going to run a few programs at this, been waiting for a chance to make this new computer do some work, maybe i'll get lucky.

I also download the file on the site called insurance. Came up as 214 mb I am located in the northeast USA. The file on my desktop, where I saved it, is called insurance.aes256

I went back to the site today and downloaded the file again. This file is the 1.38 gb file When I clicked to save I was asked if I wanted to replace the original file that I downloaded yesterday. That file is 214 mb. I saved the new one with a different name as to not overwrite the first one. Anyone know why this would happen. I have 2 files that are supposed to be the same but very different file sizes. One of them is 214 mb and the other is 1.38 gb. It is the same file on the website with the same name downloaded from the same link. I know this because my computer directed me to overwrite the file that I downloaded yesterday because it had the same file name. Has this happened to anyone else?

[edit on 1-8-2010 by jlafleur02]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jlafleur02

Your first download has failed probably due to high server load. The second one is correct, if you want to be sure use a torrent to download it.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This is a great opportunity for intelligence agencies.

Testing cyber security.

Floating massive encrypted secret files freely available for download to anyone and everyone.

Track any and all downloads, monitor any and all activities related to download subjects, domestic and foreign.

Let potential threats identify themselves, see what decryption capabilities are. Followup on any serious threats to cyber security and eliminate them.

Submit final report of all findings to NSA.

Suckers!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by above
reply to post by jlafleur02

Your first download has failed probably due to high server load. The second one is correct, if you want to be sure use a torrent to download it.

No the initial download prompt screen asking me if I wanted to download this file stated it was 214 mb. If a file fails to download due to server load it would report that operation failed.

I have 2 files on my computer 1 is 214 mb from a successful download that matches the file size that was reported by my computer when the download started. the second is 1.38 gb which is the same as the size reported when that download started.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I wonder of anyone shares my following thought..This dude could totally expose the NWO/Illuminati/Rothschild/Bilderberg/whoever "they" are-for the world to see...OR put ANOTHER way---he actually could wake up the sheeple whose religion is MSM (mainstream media)..

Where did this guy Julian Assange come from??

the corp media is screwed now.. even the sheeple are going to "snope" J.A., then they will wiki-wikileaks.. all those sheeple in the cubicles around you are waking up, slowly, but still learning. we construction guys were awakened 4 years ago, when the govt allowed the mexicans to destroy the american dream and a living wage doing hardwork!!

watch out TPTB EVERYONE IS PEELING YOUR "ONION"

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Release the bots@!

I bet it's pr0n

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The point of this file is that hopefully tens of thousands of people, world-wide download and hold onto it. If something were to happen then the key to decrypting it is released. There is no way the Government could stop thousands of copies of this file from being released. Nor would they be able to track down every available copy as once the file is downloaded by 1 person, that 1 person could redistribute it to hundreds, even thousands.

So the "Dead-Man's switch" is the decryption key, which, if something were to happen, would be released. The file most likely contains intimate details of all those involved in WikiLeaks and various government agencies who are trying to undermine them, hurt them, along with video and audio files that detail threats, possible break-ins to their facilities, or even other memorandums that show such being authorized at high levels of government in order to undermine them.

On top of that the file may contain additional extremely high-level disclosures, most likely of a "Top Secret" level.

This is a smart move, similar to having safety deposit boxes all around the world or a few key individuals with the info. But in this instance, instead of just a few individuals, we have thousands.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507
The point of this file is that hopefully tens of thousands of people, world-wide download and hold onto it. If something were to happen then the key to decrypting it is released. There is no way the Government could stop thousands of copies of this file from being released. Nor would they be able to track down every available copy as once the file is downloaded by 1 person, that 1 person could redistribute it to hundreds, even thousands.

So the "Dead-Man's switch" is the decryption key, which, if something were to happen, would be released. The file most likely contains intimate details of all those involved in WikiLeaks and various government agencies who are trying to undermine them, hurt them, along with video and audio files that detail threats, possible break-ins to their facilities, or even other memorandums that show such being authorized at high levels of government in order to undermine them.

On top of that the file may contain additional extremely high-level disclosures, most likely of a "Top Secret" level.

This is a smart move, similar to having safety deposit boxes all around the world or a few key individuals with the info. But in this instance, instead of just a few individuals, we have thousands.

wow...

quite a detailed bit of pure speculation you have there...

on the positive side, if nothing ends up happening like you've imagined, you may have a lucrative career as a novelist

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Nathan_Orin

I call it Logic.

I just hope for Assange sake it gets decrypted when he intends and not before.
For our sake the sooner the better.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Ghost Who Walks
Straw Glass and Bottle = Fiasco

en.wikipedia.org...

Anyone who missed this brilliant little gem of a post:

Scroll back up, click on the link he provided to Wiki, put on your hat that helps you make abstract cognitive connections, and prepare to be blown away.

Just about every single bullet point on that Wiki page provides a reason to make you stop and think: Is Assange really smart enough to create that many layers of encoding into a single word strand? If so, he could very well be the most gifted encryption expert to ever walk on Earth.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol

www.guardian.co.uk...

read this ... its a must for anyone with half of a brain

Good article indeed:

...Assange himself is absolutely clear: "You have to start with the truth. The truth is the only way that we can get anywhere. Because any decision-making that is based upon lies or ignorance can't lead to a good conclusion."

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SvenTheBerserK
reply to post by Nathan_Orin

I call it Logic.

I just hope for Assange sake it gets decrypted when he intends and not before.
For our sake the sooner the better.

It could be in the government(s) best interest(s) to fall on the sword to some degree.

Something to keep in mind however: if the world isn't truly run from a top, central location. And if the nations of the world are truly independant of each other at their highest levels. And that is a big "IF". But if this is true, then we would have some real international intrigue, and some of the stories we see on the news may be more than just putting on a show for the people.

In this case, it would be in China's or Russia's best interest to hack the file and release it. Of course, not openly. But if they have the availability of the information, you can fully expect they will work their hardest to get into it. And if they do, do not be surprised if it doesn't get leaked out.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nathan_Orin

Originally posted by DJM8507

wow...

quite a detailed bit of pure speculation you have there...

on the positive side, if nothing ends up happening like you've imagined, you may have a lucrative career as a novelist

More like conjecture.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Well :s i guess when assange tweeted a couple of weeks ago "Real change begins Monday in the WashPost. By the years end, a
reformation. Lights on. Rats out."
-he meant it. Seems were gonna have to wait and see what unfolds.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join