It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A man of his word.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Anybody here remember the "good 'ole days" when a man's word was his bond and a business deal could be sealed over just a handshake?

Now, you need a stack of legal forms or a court order just to hold someone accountable for something they should have done anyway. The lawyers of this world have really screwed up society IMO.

Anyway, I found this great story about someone who still remembers the "good 'ole days". He made a promise to a young caddy and kept his word.

Tuesdays with Tom: Stan Andrie delivers hole-in-one, Jeep to caddie

When Andrie reached his final hole of the day, the 165-yard ninth hole, he asked 23-year-old caddy Dave Maxey of Dowagiac for his 6-iron.

“I think you should hit a 5-iron,” Andrie recalled Maxey saying.

Andrie replied:

“If I get a hole-in-one, do you want a big tip or the car?” Andrie asked him, referring to the prize for an ace on that hole, a brand-new, black Jeep Wrangler 4x4, valued at $26,500.

Laughing, Maxey, a recent Michigan State University graduate, said he would choose the car because he needed a new one badly and had been driving the same car since high school.

No one was laughing a few minutes later. Andrie, playing partner Rich Parker of Ohio and Maxey were celebrating after Andrie launched his 5-iron just left of the pin, where it bounced to the right and then rolled into the cup.

“Dave, you’ve got yourself a car,” Andrie recalled telling his stunned caddy. “The look on his face was priceless.”

“I don’t think he originally thought I was going to actually give it to him,” said Andrie, who has three college-age daughters of his own. “But I stuck to my word. I was happy to do it. He’s a great kid.”

Read more: M Live

Proof that things like decency, honesty and integrity aren't just urban legends spouted by crusty old men who walked uphill both ways to get to and from school.

[edit on 7/30/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Before i go any further i would like to know how many dollars this golfer has and whether if he was broke if the outcome may have been different.I would assume he may already have six cars in his mansion and wouldnt have the room for it anyway,Pretty cynical i know and those golfers work so hard!It's easy to be generous when your rich ,but much more rewarding when you give away your last dollar.I hope i am wrong and he is just a nice guy with no agenda like say ,publicity!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

I did a google search on the golfer's name and came up with a couple of CEOs with that name. Not sure if any of them were the same guy though.

Maybe he's so successful because of his strong ethics?

Either way, even if he was filthy rich and it didn't cost him anything, it's still awesome to see a guy keep his word like that.

[edit on 7/30/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Yeah he probably is just a nice guy hopefully his actions will start a trend with other people.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

I would assume he may already have six cars in his mansion and wouldnt have the room for it anyway,Pretty cynical i know and those golfers work so hard!It's easy to be generous when your rich ,but much more rewarding when you give away your last dollar

Whether or not the guy was rich, poor, or somewhere in between, he stuck to his word...but apparently that is not enough for your high-n-mighty ass.

I doubt you live up to your own standards, so how 'bout taking that into consideration before you respond the next time..?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Well nice to meet you to are you regretting giving away that shiny new jeep.. Jackwagon.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by 12voltz]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Alex Jones was talking about this the other day.

new topics

top topics

join